Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Turing

Exclude the Bismarck from the bow armor nerf

28 comments in this topic

563 posts
4,686 battles

Soo some says that tirpitz won't be affected by the nerf, but Bismarck will? That is just outrageous. Sister ship that has different armor? How logical. 

The simple issue is the Bismarck/tirpitz will get lolpenned while they can't do it in return, other tier 8 BB get nerfed, but their guns buffed, Bismarck only get nerfed. It's like WG forget that they still have 380mm rifle at t8. Both Bismarck and tirpitz use its bow to charge in and tank while brawling, not bow on reversing. They doesn't deserve to lose their bow on immunity  

My resolution? If tirpitz keeps the bow, than the Bismarck should keep it too. Or if WG insist on nerfing it then increase the size of the 60mm bow, at least make it big enough to cover the barbette, looking at FDG and GK, this will also feels like a gradual upgrade starting at the gneisenau 

683 posts
7,351 battles

The other BB guns got buffed? What the?

I thought the bow armour nerf supposed to let every high tier BB having the chance of penetrating each others' bow.

If what you said is true... Bismarck will be in deep trouble :(

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

Yes, Bismark should be excluded

Her shell cant overmatch opponent armor, and her armor cant be overmatched either. 

That should be Fine rite 

683 posts
7,351 battles

Yes, Bismark should be excluded

Her shell cant overmatch opponent armor, and her armor cant be overmatched either. 

That should be Fine rite 

Bismarck strong point is to brawl, and if he can't protect himself, PLUS unable to output damage effectively during brawling as other BB will still bow on towards Bismarck, then what's the point of introducing German BB as "brawling BB" in The first place?

563 posts
4,686 battles

The other BB guns got buffed? What the?

I thought the bow armour nerf supposed to let every high tier BB having the chance of penetrating each others' bow.

If what you said is true... Bismarck will be in deep trouble :(

What I mean buffed, is that 406mm+ guns will overmatch the 28mm armor, so other bb can get lolpenned, but can do it in return. While Bismarck cannot overmatch the 28mm armor. So it's a bit of a trade for other bb, but a straight one sided nerfed for Bismarck 

683 posts
7,351 battles

What I mean buffed, is that 406mm+ guns will overmatch the 28mm armor, so other bb can get lolpenned, but can do it in return. While Bismarck cannot overmatch the 28mm armor. So it's a bit of a trade for other bb, but a straight one sided nerfed for Bismarck 

Thanks for the info :)

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

Bismarck strong point is to brawl, and if he can't protect himself, PLUS unable to output damage effectively during brawling as other BB will still bow on towards Bismarck, then what's the point of introducing German BB as "brawling BB" in The first place?

thats what I mean 

683 posts
7,351 battles

Bismarck is borderline OP right now.

Maybe give some time, let more pool play the ship, and we will have a better overall view of Bismarck performance?

Hydro... make German BB unique, which I'm a bit reluctant to let go :P I use it to charge in against DD hide in smoke (which a lot of time I find it difficult to counter with other BB without hydro. Tirpitz? I use torpedoes to flush them out) 

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,182 battles

Soo some says that tirpitz won't be affected by the nerf, but Bismarck will? That is just outrageous. Sister ship that has different armor? How logical. 

The simple issue is the Bismarck/tirpitz will get lolpenned while they can't do it in return, other tier 8 BB get nerfed, but their guns buffed, Bismarck only get nerfed. It's like WG forget that they still have 380mm rifle at t8. Both Bismarck and tirpitz use its bow to charge in and tank while brawling, not bow on reversing. They doesn't deserve to lose their bow on immunity  

My resolution? If tirpitz keeps the bow, than the Bismarck should keep it too. Or if WG insist on nerfing it then increase the size of the 60mm bow, at least make it big enough to cover the barbette, looking at FDG and GK, this will also feels like a gradual upgrade starting at the gneisenau 

I agree.

For what it's worth...

Tee

1,490 posts

Bismarck is borderline OP right now.

Here we go again, ship is "OP", when will these remarks stop? 

funny how bismarck is "op" & tirpitz is not, yet they are practically the same ship, if anything, bismarck is slightly worse, as shells dont seem to me to have as good as dispersion as tirpitz,  & the rudder is like warspite,  so it tends to get torpedoed easier.  Yet everyone calls tirpitz "derpitz" saying its pretty weak against other tier 8s, so how exactly can bismarck be better when it clearly isnt?  

I own both, & you cant go saying its because of the captain skills, because I constantly have a low captain in tirpitz for training purposes,  & as for modules I run the same in bismarck as in tirpitz, except for concealment ( I find it helps my tirpitz in surprise & running away, dispite what others may say "concealment in a bb)...

So really, if anything,  us players are "OP", not the ship IMHO. ?

& others may say I dont know what im on about because they look at my stats. ... so what if my stats seems crap? I dont play for good stats, I play for sailing the ship, having fun & destroying all of you  enemy ships..... I try to learn the ship, its role & how to handle it.... I am not an expert, but I do have fun

Maybe give some time, let more pool play the ship, and we will have a better overall view of Bismarck performance?

Hydro... make German BB unique, which I'm a bit reluctant to let go :P I use it to charge in against DD hide in smoke (which a lot of time I find it difficult to counter with other BB without hydro. Tirpitz? I use torpedoes to flush them out) 

IMHO hydro is what makes bismarck playable, because of already mentioned bad rudder, which makes the player have to consider earlier turning, so having hydro really helps detect those damn torpedoes.

Unicum -  what is this mean?

Anyway, I dont think they should nerf the bow armour in bismarck or tirpitz, they very regularly come up against yamatos, musashis, iowas, montanas, grosser kurfurst & the like, & are often priority targeted by these as weaker ships, so no nerf to bow armour please.

Ordrazz

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

Here we go again, ship is "OP", when will these remarks stop? 

funny how bismarck is "op" & tirpitz is not, yet they are practically the same ship, if anything, bismarck is slightly worse, as shells dont seem to me to have as good as dispersion as tirpitz,  & the rudder is like warspite,  so it tends to get torpedoed easier.  Yet everyone calls tirpitz "derpitz" saying its pretty weak against other tier 8s, so how exactly can bismarck be better when it clearly isnt?  

I own both, & you cant go saying its because of the captain skills, because I constantly have a low captain in tirpitz for training purposes,  & as for modules I run the same in bismarck as in tirpitz, except for concealment ( I find it helps my tirpitz in surprise & running away, dispite what others may say "concealment in a bb)...

So really, if anything,  us players are "OP", not the ship IMHO. ?

& others may say I dont know what im on about because they look at my stats. ... so what if my stats seems crap? I dont play for good stats, I play for sailing the ship, having fun & destroying all of you  enemy ships..... I try to learn the ship, its role & how to handle it.... I am not an expert, but I do have fun

IMHO hydro is what makes bismarck playable, because of already mentioned bad rudder, which makes the player have to consider earlier turning, so having hydro really helps detect those damn torpedoes.

Unicum -  what is this mean?

Anyway, I dont think they should nerf the bow armour in bismarck or tirpitz, they very regularly come up against yamatos, musashis, iowas, montanas, grosser kurfurst & the like, & are often priority targeted by these as weaker ships, so no nerf to bow armour please.

Ordrazz

erm... tirpitz and  is borderline OP when the player KNOW how to play it, espically since they both have a special "edge" over the other ships, as long as the player can exploit these "edges", the ships are op

563 posts
4,686 battles

erm... tirpitz and  is borderline OP when the player KNOW how to play it, espically since they both have a special "edge" over the other ships, as long as the player can exploit these "edges", the ships are op

Every single ship can be OP if played to its strength. My concern is, the bow armor nerf will effectively remove Bismarck's strength of brawling, how can you brawl when you're penned from everywhere, while you can't do it in return. 

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

i didnt say the nerf was right, as i have said, the reduction is a fatal blow to 3 ships: izumo, NC, tirpitz, bismark

tirpitz and bismark for the above reason that every one mentioned

izumo because... well izumo was already under performing, the only really obvious upgrade over the amagi is it's enhanced ability to bow tank, now that is taken away... R.I.P izumo

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Frankly, I just want to see why they excluded Tirpitz from the bow armor nerf.

If anything, I want to see both nerfed. Not one, but both. Let's see what reasoning WG will use for what is essentially a sister ship to the nerfed one.

Sign in to follow this