You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
NAGADEXIAOHAO

WG you need to seek better super testers!

174 comments in this topic

12 posts
4,517 battles

I have checked status of many supertesters and most of have a win rate closed to (or even lower than) 50%, K/D lower than 1.0 and few of them have had 2000+ battles, which cannot be called experienced (in some cases, we call them ***b). No wonder some balance changings are really weired.

Eg1: nerfing IJN torpedoes. BBs do not have to stay close together as CVs are nerfed. In this case, IJN DDs are indirectly nerfed cuz it makes them harder to hit multiple targets. But y r u still nerfing them?? Is that because most of the supertester do not know how to dodge torps???

Eg2: buffing AA damage. U were stilling buffing AA in 0.5.8 even though USN CVs are nerfed to a great extent. Have u ever experience the feeling of watching a squad vaporizing near a CA? Have u ever think of the feeling of CV players? Well, look at the dropping number of CV players, do u have any methods to deal with that? Better UI means nothing. The feeling of CV players and other players really matters!!! In this version, playing CV means making both u and ur team mates unhappy.

Eg3: fire damage. Fire damage is so magic and makes BBs become cowards because they may be sank by a ninja shooting ZAO in just 3 minutes and this makes the pace of the game really really slooooooooooow (especially T10, and i have recognized that most of the super testers do not have T10 ships, which really shocked me). U have metioned that most of the damage a BB take is AP damage, but for me, 60% of it is fire damage. Y? because u counted those ***bs in!!!!! And i found that most of the super testers do not know how to dodge AP shells.

There are so many other examples.

All in all, WG, plz , find better super testers!!!! (at least win rate 55%+, 4000+ games, 3+ T10 ships)

563 posts
4,686 battles

Most of those nerf/buff is dev's decision, and supertester only test these decision and give feedback, but at the end of the day, it's still dev's decision.

Sure not all supertester is unicums, but supertesting is almost like a not paid jobs, and not everyone can do that. Also supertester does a lot of community contributions. People can be good, experienced, but if they doesn't want to contribute, what's the point?

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

Well, since super testers do not test for "balance" against other ships/lines. We test the ships to confirm that the models are working, the paint schemes are complete, the guns rotate etc etc etc. Live game play by ST's is for WG to gather data in regards to the ships, ei. how well they preformed.

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

You cannot balance your game base on only one group of players.

If the ST team only had Unicrums, then every ship will be nerfed to hell, if the ST team only had tomatos, then every ship will be overbuffed and the Unicrums will destroy everyone, then it gets nerfed to hell again.

For Super Testers, we do not look at your stats or win rate, we look at your ability to step back and look at the whole picture and give your honest opinion on the change. (Of course your reputation and ability to keep to the rules are the most important)

All in all, WG, plz , find better super testers!!!! (at least win rate 55%+, 4000+ games, 3+ T10 ships)

I guess I failed that condition :(

Edited by Windforce

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

I have checked status of many supertesters and most of have a win rate closed to (or even lower than) 50%, K/D lower than 1.0 and few of them have had 2000+ battles, which cannot be called experienced (in some cases, we call them ***b). No wonder some balance changings are really weired.

Eg1: nerfing IJN torpedoes. BBs do not have to stay close together as CVs are nerfed. In this case, IJN DDs are indirectly nerfed cuz it makes them harder to hit multiple targets. But y r u still nerfing them?? Is that because most of the supertester do not know how to dodge torps???

Eg2: buffing AA damage. U were stilling buffing AA in 0.5.8 even though USN CVs are nerfed to a great extent. Have u ever experience the feeling of watching a squad vaporizing near a CA? Have u ever think of the feeling of CV players? Well, look at the dropping number of CV players, do u have any methods to deal with that? Better UI means nothing. The feeling of CV players and other players really matters!!! In this version, playing CV means making both u and ur team mates unhappy.

Eg3: fire damage. Fire damage is so magic and makes BBs become cowards because they may be sank by a ninja shooting ZAO in just 3 minutes and this makes the pace of the game really really slooooooooooow (especially T10, and i have recognized that most of the super testers do not have T10 ships, which really shocked me). U have metioned that most of the damage a BB take is AP damage, but for me, 60% of it is fire damage. Y? because u counted those ***bs in!!!!! And i found that most of the super testers do not know how to dodge AP shells.

There are so many other examples.

Too salty because you can't be a supertester so you want to have more salt is it?

[bTW Your info is privacy so I dare you to show us then if not stay clear away from the supertester when they are performing their job!]

dw2vxk.jpg

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

Does that mean there's hope for me then!

But why would you only want top players testing them? The vast majority of players playing the game are average anyway, just above, or just below, so these are your target audience. A bad ship in a unicum hand can make it look amazing, a bad ship in an average hand is going to give a more realistic result. 

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Well I guess, if you think so.

I mean I've been playing this game and providing feedback since the closed alpha but hey, your the guy who won't even show his stats. I guess you must be good at this game right?

Too good to post this already. :D

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

sorry for having less than 150 battles..

sorry for not playing too much

sorry for having my WR so low

sorry for being bad at the game

sorry for having bad internet

sorry for everything

:(

wJrKYxj.jpg

should change your name to "Lagster":trollface:

101 posts

You mean...you do better? 

I have known an ST and he'sbeen my hero for first time I played WoWs. Look at his stat: 3k+ battle, 61% winrate, 3.2k/d and he have almost all the tier X ships. 

Edited by Tohka_1235

189 posts
4,857 battles

Watching this thread. If you guys can't be civil, don't post.

Davud, Harpoon, I'm referring to you two.

what do you mean?

BTW [content removed] Tk'ed yesterday and I didn't see him going pink, I guess because he shot at another ship and didn't see an ally ship in the way... possibly because the ally [content removed] killed had 2k HP only

Naming and shaming.  Post edited. User warned.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

[IMSDF]
Beta Tester
218 posts
4,648 battles

agree with OP  :great:

but it really doesn't need that the ST should be really 55%+ and with 4k battles plus....as long as "decent" and acceptable is fine (53-ish, and even with or without T10 is fine)......

:honoring:

Edited by IJN_Akashi

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

Watching this thread. If you guys can't be civil, don't post.

Davud, Harpoon, I'm referring to you two.

or you could just..... close this thread right now if you feel its getting poisonous, personally i feel this thread is nothing but a hate/click-bait thread.