Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Err0r404DignityNotFound

What are the basics of playing CV?

6 comments in this topic

10 posts
212 battles

So recently i got my first carrier (japanese tier 4 hosho) and i can definitely say that carrier gameplay is pretty different from normal ships. I have mastered the basic controls and have a rough idea how to use planes of different types however i have still yet to go to deep into carrier gameplay. I posted this thread to ask if anyone could give me a crash course on more advanced carrier gameplay & mechanics :)

Oh and i also have a small question: Are American carriers superior to Japanese ones? The American carriers always seems to have more squadrons AND aircraft per squadron than Japanese ones :/  

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,020 battles

At T4-T5, USN seems to be superior when it comes to fighters. Hosho is relatively unforgiving; you need to be able to split up your attack groups and attack where his fighters aren't.

If you ask me, Try the Langley and get to the basics, and then you can try to move back to IJN since at higher tiers, IJN is good (if micro-intensive).

Also, you can join the WOWS discord: https://discord.gg/KMraw

Super Tester
7,560 posts
8,001 battles

This is the most important part, soon you will have dive bombers too.

Only way to survive against high tier:

Captain skills for carriers (from 19m05s)

IJN good for multi role, USN good for a single type of role.

[BMRSF]
373 posts
2,517 battles

keep close to allies but you must keep your eye's peeled for example:

you're too busy controlling the squadron without watching the surrounding and suddenly the "detected" icon shows up an then you realize you are too close to the enemies, and that will be the end of you.

P,S : Don't be like this :D

Edited by Admiral_Yularen

Sign in to follow this