You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
lordphilippe

what would you do in this situation

18 comments in this topic

69 posts
8,828 battles

in the map when you have to decide to go either left or right, for example, map Twin Brothers,  if I see most of team members went to one direction, and only 1 DD 1 CL went to the other direction, as a BB, would you go to support these 2 ships to delay enemy advancement at probably low return ( high chance to get killed and low chance to inflict significant damage to advancing enemy ships) or chose to joining  the main fleet to get high return (less chance to get targeted as there are more ships in there, and high chance to inflict significant damage as there will be more broadside to shoot at in a intense battle) what would you do as a BB captain in that situation?

353 posts
5,012 battles

stick close to base, while siding closer to the other 2 ships.

should the enemy thrust be there, at least u are there to support fire and defend base cap

266 posts
5,135 battles

I'll go with the lone CA and DD, but I will not charge at the enemy. Instead I will play defensively and kite the advancing enemy fleet.

Also, from my past experiences, defending a flank where there aren't many allies actually gives much more damage. When I went with the lemming, I usually spent most of my time chasing fleeing enemy ships, while barely doing any damage.

1,162 posts

Depends on your skills, situation, timing.

Get confidence? Go big or go home.(yolo)

No confidence? Stick to your allies.

Got outnumbered? Kite and pick one by one.

Have no idea of enemies strength? Base def kemp islands. (Usually they tend to show broadsides, so take advantage of that if possible)

Aggressive enemy? Reverse and stroke them with AP.

Defensive enemy? Dont bother chase them (if you already lead by points or cap the enemy base.)

783 posts
4,808 battles

I'll go with the CA and DD... personally because I hate really large packs for only one objective(in this case, as an example A).

Besides, kiting using a BB as a deterrent will give you damage numbers, deter the enemy team for an amount of time, you might score some kills when the pursuing fleet relaxes their angle and ultimately waste the enemy's attention on you even if they already got the objective(D) if you're still alive.

So as long as your main fleet does their job, you can get both.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

i always support the other fewer ship. and will ask if there are other ship willing to help defend. sometimes i get some ship who will help when i ask the chat, but most of the times they will just follower the herd like sheep.

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

Always kite. At least for me. If I'm feeling a bit yolo then charge and whack as much as you can before ded :P

Edited by pwnies5600

2,217 posts
13,673 battles

Go with a fewer one but plan in advance if there's way too many enemies or your DD and Cruiser left you/dead. 

^This. Go, but judge how wise it is to stay there once you see how many opponents.

The caveat being it does depend on the top speed of you BB. For example if less then 20 knots I probably not go because could be easily outrun.

68 posts
3,836 battles

Help the 1 DD and 1 CL. They need the the support they to flank the enemy can get while the other team march on the other half. If getting outnumbered pull back and defend base as best as they can.

Edited by LightDarkMaster

Super Tester
7,522 posts
7,978 battles

Here are my thoughts on two brothers (only DD and BB):

For BB:

If you have spawned in the middle or back, wait to see where enemy force is making their major push, left or right, go support that side. Or, alternatively, you can push on the side you have spawned. But, if you find out that your side is thin, and enemy is heavy, better option is to tell your team that you wont push this side, and tell the opposite side to push hard through enemy spawn cap. When you see that your flank is getting outnumbered, start to retreat and focus fire one single ship during the retreat.

Do not run to the other side, by retreat I mean defend your spawn cap while the other side (hopefully) pushes. Target enemy cruisers mostly, they are the problem, because once your other flank start threatening their spawn cap, cruisers are the one that can go back fast enough to confront your team. so damage them the most you can (you also get more exp that way). If the bulk of your enemy keeps busy on few ships, that is better for your team too.

Going through the middle channel in a BB is a big no-no (some exceptional time exists), for example, if you are in an Amagi, you wont be able to pass through it in full throttle.

For DD:

Similarly, if you have spawned on the side and advanced and faced the majority of force, Your job is to delay their advancement. IJN DDs are great in this perspective, also any DD can do that. Enemy cannot push hard if their DDs cannot stay ahead. If you are a gunboat and enemy DD is torpedo boat, you can win the fight even facing their massive bulk with WASD hack, cause no amount of WASD hack cannot save those slow IJN DDs. If enemy also has gunboat, then open fire only when you retreat. Do not smoke up if there are ships with RADAR close by, or many ships who can flush you out of smoke by torpedo spam. Smoke up in a place where enemy cannot come from two sides. Same as in BB, start your retreat, defend the spawn cap and the channel entry cause desperate (fool) enemy DD / CA might try to come through there.

If you can do invisifire, that is even better. Nothing breaks the will of a pushing group more than invisifire. You use the landscape sweet spots as your advantage. Always remember to plan an escape route before you engage. Just because you have guns doesn't mean you have to use them all the time, or same for torps. Do not blind torp when you are in smoke, cause it will usually miss and enemy will just rush in smoke.

Again going through the middle channel as DD is only viable when you know their spawn is undefended, or you can overcome the opposing force protecting it, you can easily count the ships to determine that.

For CA and CV:

CAs should always go somewhere where they cannot be focused by many BBs. Doesn't mean you have an excuse for being the usual cowards those who play CAs. Find a suitable position. Take a note on which ship in your team is getting focused and target the enemy ship who is doing major damage / annoyance to discourage his advancement (something that idiot CAs never do, only the smart ones do).

No real clue on what CVs should do, they should drive to the side where enemy DD cannot make sneak attack. Helping your major pushing side offensively and helping your retreating side defensively sounds like a good idea.

In short, Two Brothers in Domination is basically Ring around the rosie. You go in circle and capping on the way. One side has to play aggressively. We often made so hard push that we started eating the enemy pushing side from behind. Two Brothers (currently two sisters) is a good map.

Edited by icy_phoenix