Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
5finger

Ranked Battles Schedule

16 comments in this topic

14 posts
2,486 battles

Is there a schedule for Ranked Battles?  (To help with an informative decision on the ships we sell/keep)

When one Ranked Season finishes we should know the start of the next Season.  For a person with limited port slots and living in the low to mid bracket of income, port slots are not cheap.  (I spent all my money on the NA Server.  Communication and chat is clearer, less of a language barrier (for me))

There are questions.  What tier ships should be included in ranked seasons?   T8 seems popular.    For a person with limited port slots it is difficult to decide what tier ships to keep.  If I have money I will spend, but until the funds arrive WG need to keep me/us satisfied, keep our interest to keep us playing and paying.

Myself, I think T8 is too big a difference in the upgrades. With that input aside.  I will finish with the most important question.

What is the Top Tier the next Ranked Battles will include?

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

Information about the next season:

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/18042-are-you-ready-to-be-ranked-again/

http://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/public-test-0512-key-feature/

Out of curiosity, did you even bother to look at the pinned threads before asking the last question?

Edited by ADM_dude_SG

14 posts
2,486 battles

Information about the next season: http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/18042-are-you-ready-to-be-ranked-again/

Out of curiosity, did you even bother to look at the pinned threads before asking the last question?

Thanks for the link. 

Yes, I browsed a few pinned. How much time do you want me to spend looking?  There are so many results, isn't that what forums are for, to ask questions and get reliable answers.  Search brings up a toilet load of results. 

Do you think there are more questions in my post than the answers provided in the link?

T8

14 posts
2,486 battles

Is there a schedule for Ranked Battles?

When one Ranked Season finishes we should know the start of the next Season.

Edited by 5finger

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Is there a schedule for Ranked Battles?

Around October to November for the start. and it usually last for 1 month or a little more.

What tier ships should be included in ranked seasons?

Mono-tier battles: Tier VI ships only in League 4; Tier VIII ships only within Leagues 3 to 1.

Spotter Posted Today, 03:13 PM

Mono-tier leagues

To provide totally equal conditions for all players and make battles more skill-based, every rank will be limited by the only ship tier allowed. Also, there will be more safe ranks for the beginners (up to rank 16), compared to the previous seasons.

Up to Rank 16: Tier VI ships only

Rank 15 – Rank 1: Tier VIII ships only

The season starts at the beginning of October – you still have enough time to prepare yourself!:playing::playing::playing:

is difficult to decide what tier ships to keep

For Tier 8

Well...

DDs: Benson >> Fubuki >> Lo Yang >> Everything else >> Kiev >> Trashcan.

BBs: Bismarck(Sonar) / Tirpitz(Torps) >> Amagi >> NC.

CAs: Atago >> Chapayev(Radar) >> Everything else.

CVs: Shokaku only.

And here video about what ship to use for Tier 5-6

Most of the information can be found

- http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/18044-are-you-ready-to-be-ranked-again-discussion/

- http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/18042-are-you-ready-to-be-ranked-again/

- http://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/public-test-0512-key-feature/

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

14 posts
2,486 battles

Around October to November for the start. and it usually last for 1 month or a little more.

Mono-tier battles: Tier VI ships only in League 4; Tier VIII ships only within Leagues 3 to 1.

For Tier 8

- http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/18044-are-you-ready-to-be-ranked-again-discussion/

- http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/18042-are-you-ready-to-be-ranked-again/

- http://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/public-test-0512-key-feature/

Edited by 5finger

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Thank you.  I can feel confident in selling my T7 to free up a port space.

Try to keep some good Tier 7 in case of next Ranked battles and daily random battle where you want to use Tier 7.

14 posts
2,486 battles

I have a lot of ships on the NA, 46 in port, not any confusion for me there.  On SEA only 9 port slots.  I want to grind to the Khabarovsk, keeping the other slots for ranked tier ships, specifically the IJN line for the next season.  Working on the RU CL/CA line slowly for future seasons.  That port slot or tier ships is so valuable, without knowing what the future holds, how far off the next season is, it is difficult to make the right choice.

Edited by 5finger

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

I don't think WG even knows when the next season will be after one finishes, it's kinda hard to announce something you don't know :D 

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,803 battles

For Tier 8

Actually Melo, I have reconsidered.

DDs: Benson >> Fubuki >> Lo Yang >> Everything else >> Kiev >> Trashcan.

BBs: Bismarck(Sonar) / Tirpitz(Torps) >> NC >> Amagi

CAs: Atago >> MK(Smoke) / Chapayev(Radar) >> Everything else.

CVs: Shokaku only.

I quote Flamu to help explain

These are just my opinion based on my own experiences.

Top tier picks:

BB: Bismarck, Tirpitz, North Carolina
CA: Atago, Kutuzov
DD: Benson
CV: Balance Shokaku (2/2/2), AS Shokaku (3/1/2)

Bismarck and Tirpitz are top tier brawlers, one because of torps, the other because of hydro & secondaries. NC is top tier because of turret placement and AA, but not as suited for brawling (different playstyles).

Atago is objectively one of the strongest cruisers in the game where as Kutuzov is a fantastic firestarter, great AA while providing utility with smoke.

Benson is top tier DD, strong torps, good AA with access to defensive AA, great concealment, long lasting US smokes (last longer than IJN and RU) and competitive gunpower.

Shokaku dominates the CV realm in every aspect, Lex simply isn't competitive assuming identical skill across players.

Competitive picks:

BB: Amagi
CA: Chapayev, New Orleans
DD: Lo Yang, Fubuki

Amagi has fallen off with the changes to meta and buffs to the NC. In the past it was the best long range sniper, having its own role at that, but with the accuracy buffs to the NC there is no reason to field the Amagi over it anymore.

Radar cruisers are top tier in organized team and clan environments, but in ranked the radar plays usually require too much teamplay to be able to the get full advantage out of it. Add the fact that the Chapa is very vulnerable and sluggish, without a team to support it adequately it's going to be BB bait. That doesn't mean the ships aren't still competitive though.

Lo Yang is a flavor pick, with a 15p captain you can make aggressive plays against the constant smoke meta of high tier and the hydro scouts incoming torp waves keeping your team safe. Not as strong as a Benson, especially if a carrier is around, but competitive. Fubuki can get incredible concealment with a 15p captain, which combined with the guns and torps make for a very competitive ship. IJN smokes are however too short in duration compared to US ones and the Fubuki has no defence against being dropped.

Garbage tier:

CA: Mogami, Admiral Hipper, Prinz Eugen
DD: Tashkent
CV: Lexington

Mogami is fragile and in every possible way inferior to the Atago. It brings nothing special to the table. Hipper/Eugen does not bring anything that the other cruisers can't, besides hydro. But even then a radar cruiser or a Bismarck would be superior. The HE is weak and the AP is only useful against full broadsides, which will be rarer at high ranked.

Tashkent is a waste of a DD slot, having pitiful smoke, inadequate firepower to compensate and being too large and clunky to fight while focused. Add in the terrible concealment and weak torps and you simply have a bad DD for ranked.

Lexington is inferior to Shokaku in every way.

Note; this is for higher tier ranked, I'm pretty sure you can play w/e until like r10 or 5 or so.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

humm, i would actually put loyang above fubuki because of how handy that radar is in cap contests, but that is basiclly what my go to ships for ranked looks like

i would actually put MK=atago untill you get R5+, because atago preforms the best as a maverick, while MK is much more suited to team play

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Actually Melo, I have reconsidered.

Fair enough, i kinda prefer NC over Amagi anyways is just that quote from you is the easiest way and your pick is as solid as other players to begin with :D:D:D

humm, i would actually put loyang above fubuki because of how handy that radar is in cap contests, but that is basiclly what my go to ships for ranked looks like

i would actually put MK=atago untill you get R5+, because atago preforms the best as a maverick, while MK is much more suited to team play

Lo Yang sure a strong ship but still i trusted in Fubuki with good player can do good as well so id say Benson > Fubuki = Lo Yang.

As for MK it might seem like a solid pick but from my experience it cant compete with Atago and due to the thin armor nature even with smoke MK gonna die first :P 

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

Fair enough, i kinda prefer NC over Amagi anyways is just that quote from you is the easiest way and your pick is as solid as other players to begin with :D:D:D

Lo Yang sure a strong ship but still i trusted in Fubuki with good player can do good as well so id say Benson > Fubuki = Lo Yang.

As for MK it might seem like a solid pick but from my experience it cant compete with Atago and due to the thin armor nature even with smoke MK gonna die first :P 

a MK cannot be a frontliner in ranked, it should push steadily with BBs, and give sonar/smoke/AA/another target when the BBs are in trouble, not to mention it's very presence is enough for even battle hardened DD players think twice about contesting a cap(with you being a exception to the DDs who would think twice )

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

a MK cannot be a frontliner in ranked, it should push steadily with BBs, and give sonar/smoke/AA/another target when the BBs are in trouble, not to mention it's very presence is enough for even battle hardened DD players think twice about contesting a cap

I dont know how 5th seasons Ranked will be, but previously dont even mention about pushing with BB or etc just the moment MK get spotted it will get focus and take multiple citadels when it pop smoke there will be salvos of blind shot and Torpedoes wave heading toward it.

Even with seasoned player they wont even survive for 10 min.. 

And forget about AA you rarely find CV in Ranked anyways.. and if you manage to find some good player will take AS load out.. 

with you being a exception to the DDs who would think twice

why..
Edited by MeloMelonSoda

Sign in to follow this