You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Xirvis

0.5.12 Preview

17 comments in this topic

892 posts
7,853 battles
I only have one thing to gripe about and hopefully, consideration is given to the matter. This is in relation to the, "Passive player behavior in battles". While the 2 points are good, the second could be further improved by having damage be counted from main guns ie secondary gun fire won't could towards the damage inflicted.

Super Tester
316 posts
3,400 battles

If a player has not loaded in his secondaries DO NOT FIRE, this suggestion over all is bad for ships like the german BB line who rely on secondaries just as much as main batteries

892 posts
7,853 battles

what are you talking about?

If a player has not loaded in his secondaries DO NOT FIRE, this suggestion over all is bad for ships like the german BB line who rely on secondaries just as much as main batteries

Read the news http://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/public-test-0512-key-feature/ specifically the part on Passive Player Behavior in Battles. A ship may be loaded and the player goes afk (for whatever reason). Secondaries will still open up and cause damage to any approaching ship hence negating the second point. If this was tightened to take into account damage from main guns only, it would be a better mechanism.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,290 posts

Read the news http://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/public-test-0512-key-feature/ specifically the part on Passive Player Behavior in Battles. A ship may be loaded and the player goes afk (for whatever reason). Secondaries will still open up and cause damage to any approaching ship hence negating the second point. If this was tightened to take into account damage from main guns only, it would be a better mechanism.

That's the point why it was introduced.

The player shouldn't be AFK for any reason.

Only you can hit that Battle button, the onus is on you to be ready to play.

No excuses.

Edited by EvacuateBowel

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,493 battles

That's the point why it was introduced.

The player shouldn't be AFK for any reason.

Only you can hit that Battle button, the onus is on you to be ready to play.

No excuses.

Well, what if you have a highly-trained pet dog, who also happens to have a mischievous streak...

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,290 posts

Well, what if you have a highly-trained pet dog, who also happens to have a mischievous streak...

It's obviously not trained enough if you need to go AFK.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

No, no, the dog might start the battle without your knowledge!

1. I'd like to see that!

2. Not well trained enough if it goes into battle without playing ;)  :izmena:

181 posts
4,257 battles

I agree, secondaries damage of AFK players shouldn't count as well. At lower tiers it can alone pay up the repair bills, at higher tiers they rake up enemy DD's repair bills.

53 posts
4,709 battles

Agree as well, AFK = ship totally incapacitated including secondaries. AFK's should get no experience and lose lots of money, only way to clear this problem up. AFK player should also get an automatic warning as well IMHO, that has to be acknowledged before entry into subsequent games.

The second point is probably to take into account some bots who move but don't shoot.

Edited by Killzone650

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,884 battles

No, no, the dog might start the battle without your knowledge!

my cat did that too when I was gone, I ended up racking up 21 reports when I'm back :P

Anyway regarding for this secondary being active, isn't it why you have drunk secondary crew? If the secondaries aren't being targetted they would scatter all the way and it took so long to even scratch someone with them. If that guy has MSC it's even worse, the secondaries won't fire. 

If you got rekted by secondaries when you thought that guy is afk, then that guy clearly isn't AFK-ing, he's there watching their ships and baiting you into charging their ships while sipping their coffee and browsing some [content removed] while their secondaries handling you. 

On the sidenote what the hell are you doing in the secondary range of AFK BB and fully visible even?

Discussion/linking illegal/inappropriate content. Post edited, user warned.

~TheAzure

Edited by TheAzure

350 posts

my cat did that too when I was gone, I ended up racking up 21 reports when I'm back :P

Anyway regarding for this secondary being active, isn't it why you have drunk secondary crew? If the secondaries aren't being targetted they would scatter all the way and it took so long to even scratch someone with them. If that guy has MSC it's even worse, the secondaries won't fire. 

If you got rekted by secondaries when you thought that guy is afk, then that guy clearly isn't AFK-ing, he's there watching their ships and baiting you into charging their ships while sipping their coffee and browsing some [content removed] while their secondaries handling you. 

On the sidenote what the hell are you doing in the secondary range of AFK BB and fully visible even?

I think its because the AFK player would be the last one to kill and thus a DD or a cruiser would try to sink it as BBs and carriers would do it at range. Of course, if attacking player does not know his own ship's range or if the BB's secondaries range is long enough to supersede the attacking ship's torpedo range then he would of course be hit by the target BB's secondaries. 

I've actually seen this before when I was accompanying one of my team members to cap and he tried to sink an AFK BB only to be blown to hell by his target's secondaries. And there are also cases when an AFK teammate of mine won the game in the same manner.

Both of which seemed unfair to the attacking ship as he was engaged with an AFK player.

Quote updated.

~TheAzure

Edited by TheAzure

892 posts
7,853 battles

Am glad some of you understand my point(s). For those smarter bots who can move around some and fire their main guns (without hitting any ship), tightening this new feature will hurt them. Imposing a credit penalty (instead of just ZERO credits earned) would further deter bot-ters.

Super Tester
7,558 posts
8,001 battles

There are people who do not care for reconnecting once they get disconnected.

There are people who leave the game in 5 minutes cause their moms told them to go to bed at once. 

There are people who said since they have lot of ships in port, they start a game, yolo a target, dies then quickly goes into queue with the next ship.

There are people who have calculators (ya, not really a modern computer) and wants to play the game in those.

There are people who cannot take salt and leave the game halfway cause they think you are insulting them.

There are people who are extremely salty and leave the game halfway cause they think you are not obeying their orders.

Try fixing these.