You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Fendalton

Possible mods for WoWs

111 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
416 posts
17 battles

Do you think that in due course there will be an extensive mod database as their currently is for WoT? What sort of mods do you think mod makers will create?

Also, do you think that the WoWs Dev team has taken on board some common mods that WoT players use, and will implement them into the game? (Zoom out mods, damage counters etc)

I'm wondering if WoWs will have the same file structure as WoT, as in a res folder where the games core files are kept, and a res_mods folder that gets read prior to the res folder and ignores content in the res folder in favour of res_mods.

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

Until I see a UI mockup or screeny I wont really be able to comment. However, there are a few things I would like to have implemented: last known positions of enemy combatants, possibly with a vector associated (ships are more or less likely to continue heading in much the same direction, they arent as maneuverable as tanks), dynamic view range on minimap and an outgoing damage hitlog.

Alpha Tester
26 posts
1,128 battles

The filthiest anime skins imaginable. Or perhaps this is just Retia. Probably just Retia.

Edited by tom_bro

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

The filthiest anime skins imaginable. Or perhaps this is just Retia. Probably just Retia.

I wonder if I can get Pinup girls all over the sides of my ships? 

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

First mod allready made for WoWS. Available for alphatesters in the closed section of the forums...

(yeah yeah, I know, I am such a tease.. :trollface:)

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

First mod allready made for WoWS. Available for alphatesters in the closed section of the forums...

(yeah yeah, I know, I am such a tease.. :trollface:)

Lemme guess. Filthy anime reskin?

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
943 posts
5,633 battles

Lets see how long before a derivative of XVM starts.   The WOWS can also have its "But...I play for fun" crowd.

if you don't 'play for fun' then you have to be a bit weird. only a mom or dad 'plays' not for fun but to keep the kids happy.

if it isn't fun then why play?????

Alpha Tester
416 posts
17 battles

if you don't 'play for fun' then you have to be a bit weird. only a mom or dad 'plays' not for fun but to keep the kids happy.

if it isn't fun then why play?????

I don't play for fun.

I play to win.

[1NATN]
Alpha Tester
22 posts
872 battles

I play for fun and I play to win. 

I get the best of both worlds.  

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

Hoping for hit & damage counters and zoom in mods. ;)

I want a better sight (preferably something that still looks historical though).

Alpha Tester
265 posts

Just you guys wait, once this game is released anime skin will fill up the mod section and there is nothing you guys can do about it. Muahahahahahaha! All thanks to a browser game called "Kantai Collection"....... Though I want to say "just kidding".... It actually might happen.

Alpha Tester
120 posts
72 battles

Just you guys wait, once this game is released anime skin will fill up the mod section and there is nothing you guys can do about it. Muahahahahahaha! All thanks to a browser game called "Kantai Collection"....... Though I want to say "just kidding".... It actually might happen.

i know you want to.mp3

I'll probably end up making voice mods for this.

Having Space Battleship Yamato voices while sailing a Yamato probably would be interesting.

that might actually be nice ;)

I'd probably like to see dmg panel and Reticle mods 

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

"My little pony" skins for US ship tree, and "Hello Kitty" skins for IJN ship tree ?

Alpha Tester
416 posts
17 battles

Given the detail and sheer size of the models involved, I think creating detailed skins will take a LONG time. (20 times the res of a tank in WoT)

Alpha Tester
120 posts
72 battles

I'd probably like to see dmg panel and Reticle mods 

I take it back, I'm fine with just getting a dmg panel, vanilla reticle looks fine

View PostSaito_Himea, on 20 August 2014 - 03:59 AM, said:

Probably this. :v

kek 

Edited by IJN_Hiei