You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
duyhung2h

Submarine is comming?

69 comments in this topic

14 posts
385 battles

Any ideas guys? Here are some footages i found on the internet, but let's discuss about it anyway, whether it's real or not.

So, without any further ado, here it is:

Submarines, sounds fun.

The new icon

Looks a bit of fun to play actually, you can dive in the water and stuff...

Looks like it comes from the Russian test server...

The U-99, apperantly.

14372310_1267466486618028_39860842038759

Edited by duyhung2h

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Bingooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oh wait, it was expired XD

very interesting, but, it is very confusing about how to implement it

Slow, Fragile, Easy to detect, hard to handle

[LBAS]
4,466 posts
25,606 battles

some thing wonder

Summary of an interview with Daniil Volkov on Wargaming.FM

1. We plan releasing another branch this year, in addition to the new Japanese destroyers and the British cruisers.

2. In 2017 we plan to release four new branches, and the German carrier Graf Zeppelin.

3. The depot is coming relatively soon.

4. We are seriously looking into the submarines, as they are in popular demand. They will probably not come in 2017, but likely at a later date. One alternative considered is having submarines as bots.

5. The new Japanese destroyers and the British cruisers are scheduled for 0.5.12, if they finish testing in time.

6. We do not like firing from invisibility. Destroyers firing from smoke are fine, but not battleships. We are working to change the gameplay.

7. We are satisfied with the current complexity of gameplay, and would rather make a bit more complex than simpler.

8. We are working on gameplay on high tiers towards less dominance of the battleships and more room for the cruisers.

9. We are not satisfied with the carrier gameplay, and are working on a better interface for them.

10. The lags in port will soon be addressed.

11. This year will see another major rework of the captain skill tree, and an early version of clan functionality.

12. Daily missions will soon be replaced by containers shown at Gamescom 2016.

13. We focus equally on all regions. The Russian market is most difficult, because the immensely popular WoT drains many players form ships to tanks.

14. Our most mature playerbase is in NA (average age 40 years), the youngest in Asia (25-27 years).

Update: The Russian battleships definitely not coming in 2016.

Edited by MatterCore

14 posts
385 battles

some thing wonder

I think the dev are testing it XD  despite haven't release this to the public... But this looks so sick, i wish i could play it.

Imagine driving an ARP I-401 :trollface:

[LBAS]
4,466 posts
25,606 battles

I think the dev are testing it XD  despite haven't release this to the public... But this looks so sick, i wish i could play it.

Imagine driving an ARP I-401 :trollface:

OK

(xem het ca? bo^. ro^i` agh)
Edited by MatterCore

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

You guys know that this is fake right?

The "sub" has way different MAX HP values on the 3rd and 5th picture. 

One shows the speed and one doesn't and last time I heard, ww2 can't go 27kts underwater.

Edited by Chawp

14 posts
385 battles

Bingooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oh wait, it was expired XD

very interesting, but, it is very confusing about how to implement it

Slow, Fragile, Easy to detect, hard to handle

ha ha, i just want to give 2 cents about this topic  :)

but i'm sure there are many ways to balance this ship class... If Steel Ocean had managed to implement it, why World of Warships can't?

Therr will be a class to counter subs and i'm pretty sure it's the destroyer  :p

14 posts
385 battles

You guys know that this is fake right?

The "sub" has way different MAX HP values on the 3rd and 5th picture. 

One shows the speed and one doesn't and last time I heard, ww2 can't go 27kts underwater.

Oh you're right. I haven't noticed it.

Good spot you got there sir :)

12 posts
300 battles

One of the anime commanders is a submarine captain (Iona?). I remember finding her when I was sorting out Nachi's skills, and it said she was a tier 9 (edit: tier 11*) submarine captain?

The event to get her (and another ARP captain) ends on the 1st of January 2017 I think. So I'm willing to bet that they'll say something about submarines before the end of the year.

Edited by SpookYa

14 posts
385 battles

One of the anime commanders is a submarine captain (Iona?). I remember finding her when I was sorting out Nachi's skills, and it said she was a tier 9 submarine captain?

The event to get her (and another ARP captain) ends on the 1st of January 2017 I think. So I'm willing to bet that they'll say something about submarines before the end of the year.

Hope they will though! In my thought, this ship class has so many potiential.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

I'm not so sure they'll say no (dat tier 11 tho, lol):

Screenshot_61.png

That I-401 was a placeholder ship and doesn't technically need to exist. This is due to how the game works where gifted commander needs to be pre-assigned to their specialized ship.

Subs ain't coming this year.

14 posts
385 battles

That I-401 was a placeholder ship and doesn't technically need to exist. This is due to how the game works where gifted commander needs to be pre-assigned to their specialized ship.

Hey Eurobeat, 

Great fan of your channel btw,

This year it won't come, but they are considering it right? Or do you think they had denied this idea of submarine completely? 

Of course it's not about the balancing issue, any unbalance feature can be fixed within a game.

And, to be honest, i don't think this ship class will be over-powered anyway. There are many factor that apply to the use of submarines, and in the game we haven't know anything yet.

EDIT: Heck, even a destroyer can get balanced to a battleship in this game...

Edited by duyhung2h

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

The above images have some inconsistencies, but the last one is just lame photoshop work.

BECAUSE MINIMAP SAYS ITS A BATTLESHIP 

Hahahahahaha... Please bang heads more.

Edited by icy_phoenix

14 posts
385 battles

The above images have some inconsistencies, but the last one is just lame photoshop work.

BECAUSE MINIMAP SAYS ITS A BATTLESHIP 

Hahahahahaha... Please bang heads more.

actually your own ship show a different icon in the minimap, but this indicator is missing, i guess you do have a point.

12 posts
300 battles

I understand that it's just a placeholder that's pre-assigned, but it does stir the pot a little bit, which was probably their intention. I wouldn't say they'd be coming this year either, but rather just them talking about the class or something along those lines, etc (potential "plans for 2017" elaboration?). I mean, they have a symbol for the class and to me that means more than the 'tier 11' and 'I-401' lol. I do know the I-400 existed though, but I see that as a potential tier 10 so, where Iona and her 401 would fit, I wouldn't know since WG doesn't do premiums higher than tier 8 (unless there's event/special ships/tanks I don't know about). Of course, I say all that assuming they'll ever actually add subs. Still, all this is a fun "maybe" to think about I'd say. I'm in no rush for a new class, but I wouldn't hate it.

Oh, and love the vids btw :P

This year it won't come, but they are considering it right? Or do you think they had denied this idea of submarine completely? 

Of course it's not about the balancing issue, any unbalance feature can be fixed within a game.

Nobody can say for sure, only WG knows whats up. Many people don't want subs, mostly because of their gameplay (peeps are scared they'll be OP, but they'll also be slow as hell so, idk). But yea, if WG plans on it, I'd assume they have a general idea on how to balance the class.