Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ImHikaruCat

Why only Asian server censored vulgar language in-game chat?

21 comments in this topic

31 posts
5,558 battles

Hi,
Recently, I just realize that I cannot chat vulgar language in chat (I remember it also applied to division chat). Then when I check other servers (NA, EU), they don't censor your chat! Why do they do that, sometimes I just want to express my saltiness when nuked by random torps or detonation with my friends in division chat or even in normal chat?
E.g:

Poi just devastating Me
Me: [content removed] me
Me: nice torps m8

Profanity. Post edited, user sanctioned.

~amade

Edited by amade

525 posts
7,946 battles

I have been also questioning this to myself a couple of times, it's quite annoying when you want to say something unoffensive and half of the words got censored, for example: "essex run" it will be shown as "es*** run".

it's really useless imo

Edited by Skooma

525 posts
7,946 battles

You can't argue with them and you can't get them to change the system. Accept it or leave the game. WOWs is not interested in your nagging.

Oh, so we aren't allowed to criticize and asking a question now? 
Edited by Skooma

2 posts

aren't you should be grateful?

why do I grateful for something I was limited to?

You can't argue with them and you can't get them to change the system. Accept it or leave the game. WOWs is not interested in your nagging.

Isn't this is a questions and answers section? So basically if I use a service and have a question about it, I should be silent?

12 posts
300 battles

Why so defensive about a language filter?

It is dumb, you can't argue against that. If we had the option to censor/uncensor it ourselves, this wouldn't be a problem. Hell, WoWP has an optional filter in it, yet we don't? And as Skooma pointed out, at times it can effect gameplay/tactics, which is an obvious red flag for devs to sort out. If they don't, well, piling on frustrations in a game can only make it go south *points at WT*.

199 posts
18,023 battles

World of Warships Game Rules

Additions to the End User License Agreement (“EULA”).

IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!

BY INSTALLING, COPYING, OR OTHERWISE USING OUR GAME(S) OR SERVICE(S) IN ANY MANNER, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THESE RULES.

IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH OUR RULES FOR WORLD OF WARSHIPS, PLEASE DO NOT PROCEED WITH THE REGISTRATION PROCESS AND LEAVE OUR SITES IMMEDIATELY AND DO NOT ACCESS OR USE OUR WEBSITE(S), GAME(S), OR SERVICE(S).

525 posts
7,946 battles

BY INSTALLING, COPYING, OR OTHERWISE USING OUR GAME(S) OR SERVICE(S) IN ANY MANNER, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THESE RULES.

IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH OUR RULES FOR WORLD OF WARSHIPS, PLEASE DO NOT PROCEED WITH THE REGISTRATION PROCESS AND LEAVE OUR SITES IMMEDIATELY AND DO NOT ACCESS OR USE OUR WEBSITE(S), GAME(S), OR SERVICE(S).

Since when criticizing and asking questions is against the rules?

Edited by Skooma

199 posts
18,023 battles

Since when criticizing and asking questions is against the rules?

3.20. Discussion of decisions or sanctions made by Game Masters or Administration in all game chats and channels is prohibited.

525 posts
7,946 battles

3.20. Discussion of decisions or sanctions made by Game Masters or Administration in all game chats and channels is prohibited.

I will ask you again,Since when criticizing and asking questions is against the rules? 

there's no single line there whatsoever that forbid people to criticize and asking questions about the game

Edited by Skooma

199 posts
18,023 battles

I will ask you again,Since when criticizing and asking questions is against the rules? 

there's no single line there whatsoever that forbid people to criticize and asking questions about the game

​The all supreme commander and master of WOWS has stated all game chat decision is final and you are prohibited from challenging his decision. Just let it go before they ban you from posting in the forum.

12 posts
300 battles

​The all supreme commander and master of WOWS has stated all game chat decision is final and you are prohibited from challenging his decision. Just let it go before they ban you from posting in the forum.

That's not how rule 3.20 works. It's designed to boot out trollers/aholes/etc from in game chat channels and or mute/ban them for X amount of time. If you challenged the decision of whomever issued the ban by posting on the forums, then you get in trouble here too. The fact that a language filter is in the game and we're criticizing it because it effects gameplay and annoys us, is in no way whatsoever against the rules. Not liking the censor and throwing the EULA at us is just you showing us how much you don't understand the rules yourself.
Edited by SpookYa

199 posts
6,037 battles

Somebody tried to act like the mods and the staffs.

Sorry wanna-be-mod/staff, you used the wrong rule on this place. Refer to here.

You used the rules for the in-game, not for the forum.

Your argument is invalid.

199 posts
18,023 battles

Except from the first posting, WOWS admin has not involved themselves in the discussion. Which goes to show us players their decision is final. No discussion. To comrade delta_sierra, we are currently discussing why he is not allow to use vulgarity in game chat, that is why I used the game chat rules.

Edited by Admiralthomas

525 posts
7,946 battles

Except from the first posting, WOWS admin has not involved themselves in the discussion. Which goes to show us players their decision is final. No discussion. To comrade delta_sierra, we are currently discussing why he is not allow to use vulgarity in game chat, that is why I used the game chat rules.

Flawless logic there mate, so if an admin doesn't get involved in the discussion, then their decision is final, therefore we are breaking the rules?

Bravo flawless logic.

By that logic, 90% of the forum goers would've been banned.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

Lilly livered squid

Neptune's Beard 

Stone the crows

That's the roughest language your gonna get here, after all we don't want to offend the ears of all the schoolgirl sailors.

They're fragile.

Edited by AntifoulAwl

2 posts

Wow, just wow with your logic. As a customer, I should be treated more respectful than that because "the customer is always right " not a citizen of a random communist country.
Edited by Synderan

Sign in to follow this