Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
silenthunter19944

Is North Carolina worth getting ?

27 comments in this topic

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Hi all, I am planning to grind to the North Carolina in my Colorado. However, when I looked at the statistic I am really concerned. As you can see, the North Carolina is just the absolute worst in the last 2 weeks... Whilst the Bismark is just blatantly broken. To all the North Carolina captains, is it worth it for me to even buy the ship, because I do not want to spend my spare time on a ship that is just useless.

PGSB108.png Bismarck 8 BB Germany 19,974 53.78% 65,709 1,562 1.8 0.9 2.3 48% 26% 0%
PJSB013.png Amagi 8 BB Japan 34,097 51.21% 57,677 1,079 1.6 0.7 1.6 52% 22% 0%
PGSB002.png Tirpitz 8 BB Germany 43,696 50.34% 57,211 1,357 1.4 0.8 1.8 46% 24% 8%
PASB012.png North Carolina 8 BB  USA 29,501 50.31% 56,334 1,173 1.5 0.8 2.8 50% 22% 0%
Edited by silenthunter19944

[MEGA]
4,563 posts
17,557 battles

useless? lol, the NC has the most powerful guns in t8, 11.8km maxed out concealment, and the best bowtanking ability in T8, it is OP, just have to learn how to play ir because it has slower shell speed and pretty bad handleing

139 posts
5,876 battles

Currently grinding the NC. While it's got very powerful guns, the slower shell speed when compared to the Colorado will take some time to adjust to. It's common to miss at first, but if you can learn to hit with those shells, the NC is a pretty awesome ship. 

Although I'd suggest getting the hull upgrade ASAP. Default rudder shift time is painful to play with. 

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,460 battles

I like mine, though I haven't got those others to compare it to. Looking at those stats you posted, North Carolina isn't bad at all - except for Bismarck, they're all pretty close.

She's very tough frontally (though 0.5.12 may change that) and while her guns can be difficult to aim, they are truly devastating. Avoid sniping, close the range, and smash anything that looks at you sideways. Anti-Air is very potent - enemy CVs will quickly learn to leave you alone. North Carolina is fast compared to Colorado, but still a little bit slower than her peers. Not that it matters much for her playstyle.

So yes, she's great fun. And the Premium Camouflage is beautiful, too.

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

useless? lol, the NC has the most powerful guns in t8, 11.8km maxed out concealment, and the best bowtanking ability in T8, it is OP, just have to learn how to play ir because it has slower shell speed and pretty bad handleing

Well I ain't getting 11.8 km anytime soon unless I use all of my signals :teethhappy:

146 posts
10,176 battles

I've just unlocked NC and Chapeyev - but can't afford either yet. Not sure which to save up for.  I loved both Colorado and Schors. 

The economy in this game sucks.

Meanwhile will just keep playing through the other Tier 7 lines. . . ---  Now I'm playing Nagato a lot - I've started to love it too - so it's going to be hard choice between NC and Amagi. 

412 posts
9,228 battles

NC is very good if bow on, but with the bow armor reduce update you might want to learn how to angle this beauty properly. It also has good shells, but slower velocity than colorado.

Beta Tester
906 posts

She's useless now due to the nerfs of the Tier VIII-X on 5.12

Big call there. I'll wait and see for now.

I got all 4 t8 bbs. One of them have to be OP at any point in time :)

If anything with these armor changes, the NC can be played to it's advantage. *cough* concealment *cough*

Edited by SlamUez

1,824 posts
8,021 battles

Big call there. I'll wait and see for now.

I got all 4 t8 bbs. One of them have to be OP at any point in time :)

If anything with these armor changes, the NC can be played to it's advantage. *cough* concealment *cough*

Bow nerf, meaning NC will be Fragile as glass in that patch

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

Bow nerf, meaning NC will be Fragile as glass in that patch

I may not be 100% accurate on this, but this will be a problem when you charge or brawl in NC because NC was by far the best brawler because of how low amount of damage you used to take in a 1v1 brawl even vs Bismarck because Bismarck's gun couldn't do anything to NC's bow while NCs AP at close range is something no one wants to eat.

However, it is still not a problem for long range engagements, because long range shells usually don't hit the bow, they plunge on the deck. Also one of the reason you go bow in is to minimize your size sideways. That is still viable. NC used to struggle when uptiered anyway. I got citadelled by Izumo and Montana from behind. However, when NC is a top tier, I will still take the chance with her than with Amagi, Bismarck or Tirpitz.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Hi all, I am planning to grind to the North Carolina in my Colorado. However, when I looked at the statistic I am really concerned. As you can see, the North Carolina is just the absolute worst in the last 2 weeks... Whilst the Bismark is just blatantly broken. To all the North Carolina captains, is it worth it for me to even buy the ship, because I do not want to spend my spare time on a ship that is just useless.

PGSB108.png Bismarck 8 BB Germany 19,974 53.78% 65,709 1,562 1.8 0.9 2.3 48% 26% 0%
PJSB013.png Amagi 8 BB Japan 34,097 51.21% 57,677 1,079 1.6 0.7 1.6 52% 22% 0%
PGSB002.png Tirpitz 8 BB Germany 43,696 50.34% 57,211 1,357 1.4 0.8 1.8 46% 24% 8%
PASB012.png North Carolina 8 BB  USA 29,501 50.31% 56,334 1,173 1.5 0.8 2.8 50% 22% 0%

You can try ships out in PTS (Public Test Server)  you can get it and play all 3 T8 BBs and decide which ship suits you best. Tirpitz anyhow will never be available in PTS. 
Edited by Aaditya_AJ

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

Today had a blast with NC, had a lot of matches, didn't lose any money even after using two premium consumables (and no flag or premium account time).

This is the best one I had today

FfiwZEk.jpg

Don't really care what people think, but NC is the best damn brawler. You can take on Bismarck since Bismarck tend to melt like butter when NC is really close.

[1AN-E]
3 posts
4,233 battles

I agree, as a Bismark player the NC has walloped the Bismarck a few times and I've wollaped the NC a few times as well, the stats don't really reflect very well if a ship is broken because it's just pure luck if you get a good team or not 2 or 3 percent above the other bb's doesn't mean the ship is broken, the small higher percentage win rate probably takes into account when the ship was first released 

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

I agree, as a Bismark player the NC has walloped the Bismarck a few times and I've wollaped the NC a few times as well, the stats don't really reflect very well if a ship is broken because it's just pure luck if you get a good team or not 2 or 3 percent above the other bb's doesn't mean the ship is broken, the small higher percentage win rate probably takes into account when the ship was first released 

Stats was during the last 2 weeks. But yes, luck does come into play all the time

Sign in to follow this