You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
DahBossNukerPlayz

Is the Prinz Eugen good or not?

Is the Prinz Eugen good or not?   

19 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Prinz Eugen good or not?

17 comments in this topic

141 posts
6,599 battles

i cant decide. Its good ship , puddin can penetrate CAs far,but RNJesus do t bless me. Its HE is shxt, penetration worder than dd, only 500 dam

If you fail positioning, no one shows you boardside, u can do nothing. (after playing 20 rounds, i know if you sticks with your team bb, you cant citidel anyone

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

It really depends

If you love Hipper and doing well in it - yes Prinz Eugen is good.

If you love spammed HE alot, launch a ton of torpedoes, having decent armor low concealment and good rudder shift - IJN Cruisers is the way Just buy Atago or grind ur self a good Myoko.

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,557 battles

the thing is, the prinz is just a hipper clone with prem, and hipper wasnt all that good to begin, unlike atago, tirpitz and MK, the prinz has no special perk to it, unless you are willing to spend MOAR cash to buy the prem camo

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
396 posts
14,960 battles

I believe the Hipper [Prinz Eugen] is the best of the non premium T8 cruisers tbh and if you're top tier you can have a great time in it. That said, if I had the money to spend on a T8 premium, it's probably the weakest.

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

MK for long range, Paytago for stealth. Since now there is Bismarck in the game, Tirpitz is kinda meh compared to other T8 battleships.

MK has pew pew guns, but has smoke. Godlike AA, CVs up to T8 wont even look at you.

Atago has high HE alpha and heal. With concealment expert, goes sub 10 km.

Prinz Eugen, you are safe from CA and DD AP due to turtleback, you have good hydro, its a bit slow though.

161 posts
5,905 battles

I don't have the ship, although I love taking my Hipper for a sail and still considering taking Pudding as a collectible. 

The question of good or bad is rather subjective. If you do like the play style German CA, almost pure AP spammer and love punishing other CA/BB for giving you broadside, then she's will performs as you expected her to be, a Hipper. As a premium ship, I do expected some more that would distinguish her from Hipper but she's just a Hipper with extra bonus as a premium ship and even more extras to exp gain in battle. WG still demands you to give a little extras for those exp you stocked up in her. The ability to grind exp and credits depends on how well you could handle a match in a Hipper to gain the most out of her. As a German CA she highly depended on using mainly AP to do damage, an ability to swap between two types of shell appropriately and choosing target that you could done damage to, but do care turtleback will save you sometimes but won't works against large caliber shells and sometimes CA main battery at closer distances and you will get punished harshly for your mistakes. 

Edited by HeidimarieW

183 posts
3,790 battles

Just make sure that someone will take aggro instead of you. Some enemies earlier kept spamming me HE even though our bismarck and tirpitz is nearer to them. They probably want a taste of that shiny premium ship. Needless to say, the tirpitz and bismarck proceeded to get 6 kills and win us the game.

It's a good ship only if there are enemies willing to show broadside. Even a battleship will kneel to german AP. Only buy it if you already have one of the other tier 8 premiums since those are more powerful especially the atago, it's op.

I also only wanted to acquire ships that really existed, and hipper is the highest tier km ca that is in the tree so that was my end goal. Since WG decided to sell prinz, I might as well skip the grind since I only wanted the hipper anyway.

Edited by DonnerSushi

141 posts
6,599 battles

More to say, WG admit the pudding is nothing new compare with hipper.

The major reason you buy pudding is mainly for captain training.

pudding is f great ship for this ,x1.5p exp and extra exclusive x1.5 captain, which place her the best ship for captain training(sosad for german only)

Simple calculation , 300% daily event win +0.5 exp flag+0.5 premium ship

ship exp and captain is cal. as multiplication captain flag 1.5 x 3.33 dragon flag x 1.5 exclusively pudding exp

If you are skillful to secure mvp base 2000 exp at this round,oh %***%#%*}{

Less than 50 round you can train a captain for your bismarck and shut all ships diwn in close quarter

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

More to say, WG admit the pudding is nothing new compare with hipper.

The major reason you buy pudding is mainly for captain training.

pudding is f great ship for this ,x1.5p exp and extra exclusive x1.5 captain, which place her the best ship for captain training(sosad for german only)

Simple calculation , 300% daily event win +0.5 exp flag+0.5 premium ship

ship exp and captain is cal. as multiplication captain flag 1.5 x 3.33 dragon flag x 1.5 exclusively pudding exp

If you are skillful to secure mvp base 2000 exp at this round,oh %***%#%*}{

Less than 50 round you can train a captain for your bismarck and shut all ships diwn in close quarter

You make it sound like tomorrow is the end of the world. I will gladly play a good ship 300 times anyway. Also I am afraid that as soon as I mount those dragon flags, I will suck hard and get a 400 xp loss.
Edited by icy_phoenix

Super Tester
808 posts
1,399 battles

eh, she requires to be pretty close range before she becomes decently tanky.

at ranges of 10km or more her turtleback armor scheme becomes her downfall due to shells arcing just enough to go right through the 80mm plate angled at 45degrees that protects her citadel. At ranges lower then 10km she becomes the most annoying piece of GERMAN ENGINEERING on the planet as you overpen, penetrate but do no damage and watch as she slowly comes closer to you and torps you to dead.

GG if somebody nukes you at 15km out though lol. She definitely can't be played well unless a team is very aggressive. Working in a division is a good idea due to the fact you can work with a friend and be very aggressive, allowing hipper to work to its strengths at close range. Otherwise you need a 15point captain so you can go full concealment and get as close as possible before lighting up. Her AP is garbage as usual for german cruisers, bounces off everything that is even slightly angled, but broadside targets are still incredibly juicy targets. Amagi's are food to a hipper if the player is broadside. Citadels for days!