Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Brendoonigan

My latest dilemma -

10 comments in this topic

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

So anyhow I have the Bayern (yeah) but I'm wanted peoples thoughts on starting a new captain or retraining the Konigs captain. I thoroughly enjoyed the Konig and with a 10 point captain she sure was a lot of fun In fact she's so much fun I've decided to keep her....

But I'm wondering if it would make better sense to retrain him in the Bayern and start a new captain again in the Konig. I had a game with a dragon flag earlier in my Konig and I received 9k commanders XP (first win of the day but no premium) so maybe this is a better idea as my main priority is to continue climbing the ranks until I reach my goal in this line, the "Bismark". 

NB: I will be playing the Bayern in ranked, and hopefully the Bismark as well.

any help appreciated....

Ensign

Edited by Ensign_Brendoonigan

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

I'd suggest moving the captain to train him further while going up the line and reaching the Bismarck, so by the time you reached Bismarck you should be having 15pts commander and take Manual Secondaries skill.

Konig would still do fine with a fresh new commander, because high tier captain skill doesn't benefit a lot for it

563 posts
4,686 battles

I'd suggest moving the captain to train him further while going up the line and reaching the Bismarck, so by the time you reached Bismarck you should be having 15pts commander and take Manual Secondaries skill.

Konig would still do fine with a fresh new commander, because high tier captain skill doesn't benefit a lot for it

^ Exactly, only 6pt commander is enough I guess

683 posts
7,335 battles

This I totally agree. Yeah it's a down turn of experience when you play with fresh captain in Konig, but it's worth it. The higher the tier, you will need captain with more skill points

PS: suggest not to use Dragon flags at lower tiers.

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

Move up the captain. Retraining the captain at t6 is no big deal. Also, later you wont have much time to play t5 bb as you get your hand on ze bismarck.

Although with unreliable guns of bayern, not sure how it will perform in ranked.

892 posts
7,853 battles

For the Konig, the skills needed for the Captain should be Basics of survivability (1), Expert Marksman (2) and Superintendent (3). Total, 6 points. Subsequent skills for consideration, if you have the skill points, would be BFT (1) and possibly AFT (4). That's how I like my BB captain set up.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Bayern guns have worse accuracy but the Caliber size is not a lie

She is using a gun that will be used until tier 8 after all

I could Single a Scharnhorst at extreme close range despite her thick belt armor

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

Thanks guys,

I've moved the Konigs capatain up to the Bayern as per your advice and have a new captain in the konig. I'm thinking to keep training the konig's captain and once I have the Gneisenau I can move either the Bayern's into her and the Konig's to the Bayern or the konigs up into the Gneisenau and keep the Bayern there. I'm leaning towards upping the Bayerns to the Gneisenau as I'm assuming a L15 captain is going to be more useful at tier 8 than at tier 6.   

Bizarrely I've even considered getting the PE for the Captains training, but am thinking a 30 day premium for $15 is a much better option as it benefits all of the ships and there captains!

NB: I've gone for hull, then engine before guns as she's an insane brawler anyway, hmmm does she even need the gun upgrade? So far I try to get to a nice snipping distance of within 5.8km's (secondaries kick of here) and it would save 9k's worth of xp. (Yet to meet many tier 8's though).

If you have any pointers for the Bayern to speed up the grind please let me know.

Ensigns out. 

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

Use the flag that increases exp, i.e. Equal Speed Charlie London or Papa Papa.

Instead of solely focusing on brawling with another BB (you still do if needed, or presented with an opportunity), focus more on capping when possible, defending caps, hitting DDs and CAs more with heavy damage shots (which is not easy to do in Bayern) (i.e. anything that increases your exp gain).

Also, don't be afraid to free exp the most needed module. You get them back quickly if you play regularly from daily missions and battles.

563 posts
4,686 battles

I'll make it simple, make sure you secondaries opening up every single game, or you're just doing it wrong, in t8 match you might struggle to deal a lot of damage, but use the trollish 13.9km detection to solo cap for crazy capping exp. with the extra xp flag you should get the gneis in under 50 match

Sign in to follow this