You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
THUNDERCOMMANDER4

would you want to see a battleship/cruiser only game lobby

53 members have voted

1. 1. would you want this to become a reality

• yes i would
    • no i wouldnt
    • im not sure
    • im fine with how the game is and its game modes

36 comments in this topic

[1AN-E]
303 posts
3,837 battles

at this point iv had enough of torpedo infused games that im just about to destroy my computer but what i would like to see is a battleship only game mode were battleships slug it out against each other no wall torping destroyer no triple fire starting cruisers just battleships against battleship it would be simple a team of 10 battleships on each team for one objective like epicentre or standard battle then battleships would be more compelled to engae one another either close quarters or long range and wouldn't have to worry about torpedoes(especially at tier 7-10) cruiser could have the same thing cruiser against cruiser 

[1AN-E]
303 posts
3,837 battles

the only reson i brought this up is cause i have been constantly put up againts ijn cruiser and have torp wall after torp wall and frankyl i have had it up to the moon with it

Edited by THUNDERCOMMANDER4

Super Tester
7,526 posts
7,978 battles

Aw... you don't like DDs?

I want a game lobby without CVs. They are quite problematic. Game is too influenced by CVs that if your team's CV loses your entire team usually loses. That is what CV players do not understand about nerfing CVs.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Where's the challenge there? It's quite boring when you're in a battleship-only battle & you have nothing to worry about except for the dodging enemy battleships' firing at you. It's like sticking to comfort zone, in the end it contribute to boredom.

Edited by Mingfang47

403 posts
8,172 battles

the only reson i brought this up is cause i have been constantly put up againts ijn cruiser and have torp wall after torp wall and frankyl i have had it up to the moon with it

Is the Atago a destroyer?

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

But I like killing DD's in my konig... the only thing that frustrates me in a BB is a good CV captain, but then it doesn't matter what ship I'm in, if the opfor has a great Cv then it makes for a challenging game.....

[1AN-E]
303 posts
3,837 battles

i have had 30 straight macth [content removed]torp lobbys were i cant even move out of my [content removed] because evrytime i do theres a [content removed] torp wall SO SORRY IF I HATE DDespecily japanese dds no skill just fire 15 [content removed]in the general direction anjd the other main thing is my tier 8 cant even take 4 toprs with out dying SO YES I HATE TORPS AND DDS cv players i can stand cause you need to be real tatical at who you target and planes i can at least see coming torps i cant see to the last [content removed] minute so cvs i will acknlodge but ijn dds can go [content removed] off

Profanity. Post edited. User sanctioned.

~dead_man_walking

Even ##ing out most of the letters counts as abbreviated profanity.  No need for it on the forums.

Edited by dead_man_walking

Super Tester
316 posts
3,400 battles

If this did happen to get a game mode i can assure you that not much would happen because everyone is firing from there maximum range and no one would really want to move closer, and also IJN DD life sucks allot, there are plenty of countermeasures for dealing with IJN DDs and cruisers torping/firing at you from range its only a problem if you let it stay a problem

1,162 posts

If this did happen to get a game mode i can assure you that not much would happen because everyone is firing from there maximum range and no one would really want to move closer, and also IJN DD life sucks allot, there are plenty of countermeasures for dealing with IJN DDs and cruisers torping/firing at you from range its only a problem if you let it stay a problem

Except its on domination mode,

THERE.WLL.BE.BLOODBATH.TO.GET.THE.CAPS.

ps: i vote the last option, so yeah...

Edited by RisaFujiyama

1,481 posts

at this point iv had enough of torpedo infused games that im just about to destroy my computer but what i would like to see is a battleship only game mode were battleships slug it out against each other no wall torping destroyer no triple fire starting cruisers just battleships against battleship it would be simple a team of 10 battleships on each team for one objective like epicentre or standard battle then battleships would be more compelled to engae one another either close quarters or long range and wouldn't have to worry about torpedoes(especially at tier 7-10) cruiser could have the same thing cruiser against cruiser 

I would love this feature too.  As seen in other threads I am sick of DDs. Too many torps, just lobbing them anywhere they pass, and invisi fire,  sitting in thier smoke or out of it and still cant see them.

Also bloody cvs. Esp when low tier they just come over pick on the bb with no aa, because they want an easy target like my nikolai or ishizuchi or st louis.

I think it would be great with no dd/cv matches, but to intensify the game it would have to be small map, so not to encourage long distance camping like another player said, otherwise we would just citadel from 20klm. Also we would have to have no cap mode, otherwise each team would just want to finish it quickly and cap, denying us a decent brawling match. Last ship afloat in a small map would be just ideal I think. Last bb/cruiser match I was in it was great no dd or cv to fear. It certainly would improve the sklls instead of relying on cheat torpedos that bb cannot easily avoid. Cruiser torp I am not as worried about because of a slow reload.

Ordrazz

[MEGA]
4,561 posts
17,548 battles

I would love this feature too.  As seen in other threads I am sick of DDs. Too many torps, just lobbing them anywhere they pass, and invisi fire,  sitting in thier smoke or out of it and still cant see them.

Also bloody cvs. Esp when low tier they just come over pick on the bb with no aa, because they want an easy target like my nikolai or ishizuchi or st louis.

I think it would be great with no dd/cv matches, but to intensify the game it would have to be small map, so not to encourage long distance camping like another player said, otherwise we would just citadel from 20klm. Also we would have to have no cap mode, otherwise each team would just want to finish it quickly and cap, denying us a decent brawling match. Last ship afloat in a small map would be just ideal I think. Last bb/cruiser match I was in it was great no dd or cv to fear. It certainly would improve the sklls instead of relying on cheat torpedos that bb cannot easily avoid. Cruiser torp I am not as worried about because of a slow reload.

Ordrazz

erm, no

DD torps are not hard to dodge unless your target sails straight like a moron and dosnt WASD, and at high tiers, torps can take up to 2 mins to reload

the only DDs that can invisifire to relatively good effects are USN DDs, which have to deal with a orbital shell arc, lemmie tell you as a long time USN DD captain, only players with unicum aim can hit a fast battleship in a USN DD if invifireing. IJN DDs can go gunboat build, but it wont work if 1.there is ANY other DD within 10KM of him, because then he will get seen and chased down like a dog

2.there are ANY CAs close to you that you can ask to go just a little bit ahead, because the IJN DDs that can stealth fire are slow as F, with the exception of shinakaze, but then again, the shimakaze have been nerfed to hell and back, so at least give it some kind of advantage to make it remotely competetive

3.if you WASD, then there is very little a USN DD can do to you if he insists on invisifiring, IJN DDs can hit tou with relative effectiveness, but frankly, if you find youself being invisifired with no way to retaliate, then there is something wrong with your gameplay

as for smoke camping, that tatic should only be used in 2 kinds of situations: A.if the DD is cornered and there is no way out, B. if the.ship being invifired is alone and there is someone spotting the ship for you, both being rare circumstances.

as i dont play CVs, i wont comment on what you said(and frankly i kinda agree with you) but im sure that someone else on this  forum will come and post on how to conter CVs like my how to conter invisifire

[MEGA]
4,561 posts
17,548 battles

YEAH...no, because he will see if you turn to launch torps and dodge with"balanced" 48kt speed, ez balence comrade; )

Edited by drakon233