You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Amberclad_

The new "Epicenter" game mode

26 comments in this topic

[MEGA]
4,561 posts
17,548 battles

because it is bad, only a little better then bastion, the team with the better gunboat DD will rule the cap, unless the whole team grows a pair of balls and actually push(they wont)

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

there seems no cure for campy play

no one grow balls and always put their arse to front

anything is wrong if the player don't even want to change

Edited by Harpoon01

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,558 battles

i got into this mode few times and few times some players just sail circling to the edge of the map..no idea wtf that's for

no game mode can change players minset to camp

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

But Harpoon, why get close when one can cash in random citadels from one side of the map to the other 2 minutes into the match?

XpoHtjI.png

Super Tester
7,517 posts
7,978 battles

Stop shouting against camping. I find it best strategy for BBs on this mode is to stay at the outer ring, or even outside of the ring and prevent flanks. They can do massive damage to enemy cruisers who tries to yolo on the sides or the middle. And smaller ships like USN gunboats should be in the inner circle but use the land pieces to protect themselves from direct fire.

This game mode is perfect for camping, and it actually comes down to which team have better snipers.

420 posts
20 battles

there seems no cure for campy play

anything is wrong if the player don't even want to change

I usually put my arse to front, and then reversing. Since fish grows at my back.

But Harpoon, why get close when one can cash in random citadels from one side of the map to the other 2 minutes into the match?

XpoHtjI.png

Pink. Curious.

I usually love epicenter.

Edited by Zwelivelle

420 posts
20 battles

really limited especially when u see whole fleet just sitting behind a few rocks becasuse  its like the only spot that is safe and defesive

It is trap, and at one among Epicenter maps, there's no such rocks.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

really limited especially when u see whole fleet just sitting behind a few rocks becasuse  its like the only spot that is safe and defesive

oh that one

the one i got triple kill for the first time of my last with Fubuki 

:trollface:

Beta Tester
404 posts
1,148 battles

Stop shouting against camping. I find it best strategy for BBs on this mode is to stay at the outer ring, or even outside of the ring and prevent flanks. They can do massive damage to enemy cruisers who tries to yolo on the sides or the middle. And smaller ships like USN gunboats should be in the inner circle but use the land pieces to protect themselves from direct fire.

This game mode is perfect for camping, and it actually comes down to which team have better snipers.

awesome logic

"Prevent flanks", what a great excuse for BB camping

what about "Prevent citadels" for CA camping, and "Prevent being spotted/eating torpedo" for DD camping?

I believe a CA at 7km is easier to citadel than a 15km one

pushing BBs always have greater influence than camping BBs

the only problem is that teammates don't push with you

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

Don't blame the game mode, blame the players for not working together to win. I find the team that wins isn't necessarily the team with the better DD's, but the team that works together best.

I have no issue at all with this mode, everyone just has to accept that different modes require different approaches. Some times the team wins, other times we lose, so it seems pretty much the same to me as any other map I play on. Just a heck of a lot more violent.

Super Tester
7,517 posts
7,978 battles

awesome logic

what about "Prevent citadels" for CA camping, and "Prevent being spotted/eating torpedo" for DD camping?

Just because you believe doesn't mean it is true. It is extremely hard to citadel cruisers at shorter range because you tend to get over-pens.  Whether you like my logic is up to you, but it is a winner, we do that in divisions and win most of the time. How about you try it before mocking it? I don't mind BBs camping at the back as long as they can citadel CAs to pieces. CAs and DDs are much more effective in fighting inner circle, and flanking is the only thing that can kill them. You don't really need to push as long as there are ships from your team in the inner circle.

420 posts
20 battles

awesome logic

Just because you believe doesn't mean it is true. It is extremely hard to citadel cruisers at shorter range because you tend to get over-pens.  Whether you like my logic is up to you, but it is a winner, we do that in divisions and win most of the time. How about you try it before mocking it? I don't mind BBs camping at the back as long as they can citadel CAs to pieces. CAs and DDs are much more effective in fighting inner circle, and flanking is the only thing that can kill them. You don't really need to push as long as there are ships from your team in the inner circle.

Actually i saw both tactics are viable to win this map. Aggresive or camping there's always good and bad about those two, just how your team execute the tactic.

Icy's camping idea is different with camping to the edge of the map. It is relatively close to the center.

Carbon's pushing idea also works.

I've done both.

Super Tester
7,517 posts
7,978 battles

Actually i saw both tactics are viable to win this map. Aggresive or camping there's always good and bad about those two, just how your team execute the tactic.

Icy's camping idea is different with camping to the edge of the map. It is relatively close to the center.

Carbon's pushing idea also works.

I've done both.

Yeah, I mentioned camping on the outer ring on my first post. May be a bit farther than the outer ring where they cannot be engaged by many cruisers at once. Regardless of what WG gets from their stats, good battleship players do not die from AP damage, they die from HE and fire. Also there are some ships that are naturally campy, for example Atlanta / Flint / Kutuzov / Sims etc. If there are strong torpedo boats like Hatsuharu or Fubuki or some cruisers with high HE alpha like Paytago, Mogami, Myoko, Budyonny etc, good luck with pushing. I have seen battleships get melt in 30 seconds. I mean yes your team can push with you, doesnt prevent enemy from focus firing you.

Pushing on the otherhand is effective if multiple battleships take part into it, not one BB and a few cruisers. I have seen Bismarck push work because they have a 10Km no sail zone around them. Try doing that in Nagato / Colorado, you are fried before you even get to center.

My argument is, this map encourages camping more than aggressive play. Reasons are:

1. Aggressive play requires team co-ordination and communication,

2. Depends on situation, your ship (strong tanking and secondary properties, may be hydro as well), enemy ship (try pushing against 3 torpedo boats in that small region) to a greater extent.

3. Game mode makes no sense, you can win without capping just by killing enemy ships. Game should be over as soon as a team gets all 3 caps.

Some of you already suggested that:

1. Center area should be smaller (will lead to bumper car game and more TK)

2. Game over asap you get all rings (totally agree)

For me (personal opinion, and I know it has no value) I see no difference from standard battle right now.

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,858 battles

Bruh Bastion has been out for quite a time and people still don't know what is fort, what makes you think Epicenter gonna be full of ppl who knows how to do it?

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Bruh Bastion has been out for quite a time and people still don't know what is fort, what makes you think Epicenter gonna be full of ppl who knows how to do it?

well, i barely even encounter 1 this week

seems pretty rare in MM

Super Tester
7,517 posts
7,978 battles

well, i barely even encounter 1 this week

seems pretty rare in MM

You need to play high tier to get bastion mode. (All ships must be T7 or higher).
Edited by icy_phoenix

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

You need to play high tier to get bastion mode. (All ships must be T7 or higher).

yes, even with Fubuki, Atago and Myouko, i barely meet one

[AUS_P]
Beta Tester
73 posts
13,194 battles

Hate it. It forces some DD player to hide behind the island in the center else the team loses the center cap. I would sooner play ocean than this mode.