You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Allenault

We need to buff AA with patriot missiles.

9 comments in this topic

2 posts
1,983 battles

This has been a problem since 0.5 but it's so out of hand you might as well do what the title says.

I played 15 games straight with Taiho. 15. Without counting similar issues I've been facing since T8. Fully upgraded plane & bought all the HP increase for planes & captain's upgrade.

I'd lose a plane within 0.3 seconds of getting into enemy AA range BEFORE I even see what ship they were sailing. Usually a happy DD or a CL 10 kilometers away. And I wish I'm exaggerating/only happens to 5 games in a roll.

Attacking with torp or bomber? please. a DD can take down 1 and half squadrons of torp (with 15% health increase upgrade, fully upgraded, verses T8 or T9) before I can drop it. and if I see an Iowa? might as well Alt+F4. the only ones I can attack are Nagatos. Again, I wish I'm joking/only happens to 5 games in a roll.

15 games straight, every single game. Losing a plane before seeing the ship, half the time they're just DDs. By themselves. Before turning on AA ability.

I'm thinking you should buff AA attack and install nuclear anti-air missiles on all T1-T10 ships, or at least 25 Miniguns & 2 laser defense systems, so you can bomb the whole map every other second. Same gameplay for everybody really.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Git gud at knowing which targets are optimal to strike? A Baltimore can reach to 7.2km for DP AA and that is the same as the air detection range. Other stuff are like USN BB, don't even try. Now to practise 

Super Tester
532 posts
1,052 battles

You mean Sea Sparrows.

From what I understood from listening to good players, it comes down to knowing what targets to go for and when to push in or out.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

I'm thinking you should buff AA attack and install nuclear anti-air missiles on all T1-T10 ships, or at least 25 Miniguns & 2 laser defense systems, so you can bomb the whole map every other second. Same gameplay for everybody really.

I think this should be in general section rather than suggestion. OP need to be guided on which targets he should take.

420 posts
20 battles

Also Patriot missiles are designed to counter ballistic missiles and other striking units, not specifically designed for anti air

Depends on which version. Earlier version PIP 1 or 2 which used during Desert storm are bigger missile and designed to shoot down planes instead.