You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
petee

Remove it Already

83 comments in this topic

507 posts
9,828 battles

Please No, Just no.

There is a limit to what's sensible and what's not. it's clearly getting out of hand.

xYMvlZX.jpg

69DidRm.jpg

rlSR4YC.jpg

2 DD Detonations in one game

ICTMmOJ.jpg

jm3W0CU.jpg

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

sometimes, even the better players complain about detonated.  Having 2 unicums in your division detonated from full HP is not "fun and engaging" at all.  It simply rewards anyone lucky enough to obtain the blessings of RNGeses. 

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,493 battles

I actually like it as a mechanic. Even though it's rare (for me, at least), it adds a real sense of danger to any engagement.

You are never completely safe! Fight seriously!

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

sometimes, even the better players complain about detonated.  Having 2 unicums in your division detonated from full HP is not "fun and engaging" at all.  It simply rewards anyone lucky enough to obtain the blessings of RNGeses. 

True, even for seasoned players it can be quite frustrating sometimes.

Do you notice in the last 2 pics he's playing in the future. ping -35

Replay feature. Completely normal.

No have idea what does it mean for this thread just lock it :red_button:

Being unable to read the OP's context isn't grounds for locking a thread, that's ridiculous. OP's point is clear, whether people agree with it is another thing (the issue with the detonation mechanic is quite polarising, and there are people with opinions on both sides on the matter).

Edited by benlisquare

507 posts
9,828 battles

Being unable to read the OP's context isn't grounds for locking a thread, that's ridiculous. OP's point is clear, whether people agree with it is another thing (the issue with the detonation mechanic is quite polarising, and there are people with opinions on both sides on the matter).

:honoring:

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,493 battles

According to my stats, I've been Detonated 11 times in my 1,772 battles. That's once every 161 battles, on average. Sure, it's shocking when it happens, but that's kinda the point. If it was happening all the time then yes, it would be a problem.

1,126 posts

I use detonation flag but it use up 1 every match regardless nothing happen (or happen... you never know) and soon will run out of it.

.... i mean... it's not like when you got hit and you bound to mag-det... suddenly there's system message pop up "detonation prevented, juliet Chalie flag used"

507 posts
9,828 battles

Oh Yes it is very fun and Engaging when a Fort detonates you in bastion, or a secondary battery detonates you from Full HP or your GunBoat's are detonated in a tier 10 Game or a 20 kms torpedo that was launched from the base and was never spotted hits you for 60000HP  Right?

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Well that's  the thing about it, its totally RNG based, players skill or players aim has nothing to with it and thatd what sucks about the game. When You have RNG decided the out come off a battle and players skill had no bearing on the battle then the game starts to become rigged.

[PANTS]
188 posts
10,309 battles

Being detonated is fun or detonating someone is fun plus you'll receive detonation flags if you got detonated.

Try getting detonated 3 times in a row....... :amazed:

"Fun and engaging mechanics" indeed :izmena:

Edited by AkaNoPoi

331 posts
17,080 battles

It is fun doing it to other ships not so much when you're on the receiving end of it.  At least you get flags from it.

try being detonated by dive bombers.

Super Tester
341 posts
2,790 battles

What's wrong? It's a mechanic to made to balance and normalize player skills :^). It's also engaging for your other 5/7 teammates that didn't detonate to compete in the match.

LEjvJdD.jpg