You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Brendoonigan

So what should i take into ranked?

18 comments in this topic

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

I have a number of options for the first phase. Tier 6.

1. Bayern
  2. ​Farragut
  3. Budyonny
  4. Nurnberg

Then of course I need to consider if it's worth while doing the tier 8's as well. I could play the following.

1. ​Chapayev - driving up the Shchors already 
  2. Bismark (if I fully concentrate on the line - very do-able). Full Secondary setup
  3. Benson  (see above)
  4. Hipper (see above)
  5. Prinz Eugen (if I wanted my wife to kill me but still wanted to troll)
  6. Tirpitz (again could lead to divorce as I seriously can't afford it)  

As it seems to go for a 2 month period whilst I doubt I'd go from day 1 at tier 8 if I set myself a target now I'll be able to be there for the second half. Biggest problem would actually be the captain as no 15 point captain for me at this stage so total change of focus for me to just one line and will have to play my stock ships in random matches for quickening up the preocess. Alas I only have a tier X Clemson, Budyonny and Tier IX Konig, and Shchors, (Tier XI/XII by grinds end). 

For retraining I have a Sims and a Murmansk so only US DD and Russian. 25mill credits as well in the bank and currently 53K free xp.

NB: preferring that I never want or can afford a divorce I'm thinking the hard grind is the way to go.

Thoughts?

507 posts
9,827 battles

For Tier 8 and in terms of Battleships i would prefer Bismarck over Tirpitz cause of Hydro search and Secondaries or North Caroline with Concealment build.

Honestly i don't know how the DD meta is going to be with so much Hydro and Radar being thrown around at this tier, but still benson is the best bet.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

For Tier 8 and in terms of Battleships i would prefer Bismarck over Tirpitz cause of Hydro search and Secondaries or North Caroline with Concealment build.

Honestly i don't know how the DD meta is going to be with so much Hydro and Radar being thrown around at this tier, but still benson is the best bet.

or loyang, but seeing as he cant afford a depitz either...

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

or loyang, but seeing as he cant afford a depitz either...

Alas she's not in the shop which was why I excluded her. It would be a real captains issue though as I'd have her play her to death to get at least a level X captain but that probably would have been easier than grinding a line. 

If you have a Bismarck then I think you'd prefer having someone to make you dinner instead. Same goes for hipper 

I tend to agree, the ironic thing here was that it's because of the Scharnhorst delay I no longer have a strong desire for Premium ships. I simply got sick of waiting and if it's actually a thing got burned out over it with everyone's constant threads over them, and of course if you go normal then I at least know pretty much what I'll be getting.

Maybe I'll win the lottery one day and it won't matter! :)

Super Tester
7,544 posts
7,993 battles

T6 from your ships: Bayern / Farragut.

For T6 DD, Ognevoi is still a better choice because of massive range, HP and speed. Farragut is not that gut. Also for carrier Ryujo is another good choice.

T8 from your ships: Bismarck / Benson. At higher tier, playing cruisers is kinda dangerous, they tend to be food for the lack of concealment, so Atago and Kutuzov are by far the most viable ones.

120 posts
22,861 battles

Would never pick Bayern over Mexico/Fuso tbh. -_-'... And Budyonnoy for cruisers! . [little to no idea about DDs] ..

T8s,

Benson - Versatility

CA

Atago - For its Healing

Kutuzov - For being approved by Comrad Putin ofc. -_-'

if above options arent viable

Chapayev - With concealment expert ofc. It can rain hell. 

Mogami - With Concealment expert ofc. the torps work good for area denial purpose. 

New Orleans- Yes with CO >_>' . Well radar's reduced cooldown & the overall affect it can have in the cappings can be quite interesting. 

BBs.

Bismarck - For littering flamable garbage all over the place while using sonar at the same time. :P 

NC - With concealment Expert , can be quite sneaky with nice AA[incase there are cv threat, which might be major considering its T8] and good tanker 

Super Tester
419 posts
4,217 battles

Tier 6

Farragut/An Shan + Budyonny + Bayern/Arizona + Ryujo

Tier 8

Benson/Lo Yang + Chapaev/Hipper/Atago/Kutuzov + Bismarck/Tirpitz/North Carolina + Shokaku

Those would be best choice

Workable would be

Tier 6

Ognevoi + Molotov/Aoba + Fuso/New Mex/Dunkerque

Tier 8

Fubuki + Mogami 

Super Tester
7,544 posts
7,993 battles

Just seeking some opinion, but what do you guys feel about the New Orleans in ranked?

Given the fact that you only get to use among highly skilled r4 and up players, id say very risky.

112 posts
5,463 battles

This is an excellent point and one I'll admit I overlooked. Benson was going to be my default once reaching T8 ranked... Not so much anymore. I wonder if the BB meta will be stronk?

Farragut still go-to for t6 though, fo sho.

Hopefully I have the energy and time to go for ranked this season as well ha