You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ahwai82

I'm always at a disadvantage situation with bayern

18 comments in this topic

[LYNMF]
991 posts
11,636 battles

always find myself going up against scharnhorst and gneisenau on a 1 on 1 fight, sometimes success dodging torps and still do tons of damage like 30K to 50K or even kill them but mostly just died because of torps

i think this problem of mine is easy, get meself a scharnhorst and grind to gneisenau so i can torp others :teethhappy:

[LYNMF]
991 posts
11,636 battles

at that tier 30k to 50k damage is average, anyone can do that especially those who always target BB

I mean 30 to 50k on one ship..if total damage is bad

Just now I did 37k on a scharnhorst if not for the torps I can sunk it..so damn close 

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

If you know you're going to get sunk by torps, why are you in that situation in the first place? Why are you doing a 1v1 against Gneisenau and Scharnhorst, these 2 are made specially for brawling they can even brawl on par with tier 9 BBs.

So what are you gonna do? Avoid brawling with them at all cost. If you can't do anything about it and you know you're about to die, just ram them.

266 posts
5,142 battles
As Deicide said, you should avoid brawling against them in the first place. Kite them instead. Both of them will have difficulties fighting you at medium-long range because Scharn lacks penetration and Gneis lacks dispersion. Also, Bayern's armor is tough as nail. If they still persistently try to chase and torp you, they will most likely overextend and die because they will get focused by your teammates.

[LYNMF]
991 posts
11,636 battles

If you know you're going to get sunk by torps, why are you in that situation in the first place? Why are you doing a 1v1 against Gneisenau and Scharnhorst, these 2 are made specially for brawling they can even brawl on par with tier 9 BBs.

So what are you gonna do? Avoid brawling with them at all cost. If you can't do anything about it and you know you're about to die, just ram them.

As Deicide said, you should avoid brawling against them in the first place. Kite them instead. Both of them will have difficulties fighting you at medium-long range because Scharn lacks penetration and Gneis lacks dispersion. Also, Bayern's armor is tough as nail. If they still persistently try to chase and torp you, they will most likely overextend and die because they will get focused by your teammates.

why?

1. because my teammate is getting murdered

2. need to prevent cap

3. my teammate tooooo wussy to do anything

4. best of all....it's damn fun

when i sail bayern always looking forward for such engagement...i even go up against amagi, north carolina, bismarck and tirpitz just for "why the heck not" even i'm at big disadvantage

it's engaging it's fun thats why i never rant and whine about bayern poor dispersion lol

220 posts
3,420 battles

Yep, I'm not afraid  for a moment in the still not upgraded bayern I know and see if even one of my HE hits anything afloat they hurt like they had an ear ripped off.

Being one on one (or more) seems common in this ship, you may lose / get totaled but as we see you leave some brutal scares on the guy that has a go with you whatever it is..and huge fun again of

The bayern really shouldn't leave the boat yard without full upgrades and it's a tough call to spend the credits ( I haven't ) or put them to the next ship...The Konig is a better earner I'm finding

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

i have no problem engaging gneisenau and scharnorst with bayern. just don't close to that 6km torpedo range and you will be fine, once they start closing its time to retreat and kite them. also scharnhorst and gneisenau has soft part of armor that can easily pen for tons of damage without citadel hit.

imo bayern is a beast of a ship. they trade number of buns for bigger and better penetration. she's like the grand old lady with tougher armor but slightly less accuracy and penetration.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

i have no problem engaging gneisenau and scharnorst with bayern. just don't close to that 6km torpedo range and you will be fine, once they start closing its time to retreat and kite them. also scharnhorst and gneisenau has soft part of armor that can easily pen for tons of damage without citadel hit.

imo bayern is a beast of a ship. they trade number of buns for bigger and better penetration. she's like the grand old lady with tougher armor but slightly less accuracy and penetration.

slightly less accuracy? My goodness, bayern and gneisenau are two of my most inaccurate battleships i've ever used totally missing shots at 1-2km, long range performance is absolutely bad.

Also, you can't easily kite a gneisenau, the ship's a monster when it comes to speed and can compete with cruisers.

Edited by Deicide

266 posts
5,142 battles

when i sail bayern always looking forward for such engagement...i even go up against amagi, north carolina, bismarck and tirpitz just for "why the heck not" even i'm at big disadvantage

it's engaging it's fun thats why i never rant and whine about bayern poor dispersion lol

Lol ok, fair enough. But if you do it voluntarily and you're having fun with it then there's no problem at all, is there? :D

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

Make it a rulenof thumb to NEVER EVER go up against those S:G twins unless you're FULLY CONFIDENT that you'd come up top. I would say that 6km radius of S:G twins is the zone of no apologies. The first to make the mistake, looses.

Got fair share of success and failures going up against those demonic twins in my König. Iactually free xp Gneisenau since I wanted to grab her during the discount. 

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

I've also seen players who have entered the Zone of No Apologies resorted to ramming cos they can't escape more so when they have foolishly decided to go bow on to me. They did try to escape before reaching Zone of No Apologies but keep on getting chased down by my Shinyhorse

44 posts
6,376 battles

Just stay out of torp range and the Bayern will either die hard or win. It's those damn fire starting cruisers that give it the most grief, and given that in the Bayern you'll want to get in fairly close they'll be rubbing their hands with glee unless your cruisers have come with you to the brawl.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

slightly less accuracy? My goodness, bayern and gneisenau are two of my most inaccurate battleships i've ever used totally missing shots at 1-2km, long range performance is absolutely bad.

Also, you can't easily kite a gneisenau, the ship's a monster when it comes to speed and can compete with cruisers.

i have no problem with her guns so far. as for kiting i mean just run away and shoot back. its better than sailing closer, also in my experience most battleship will not charge bow in. they swing back their ship to get the back guns involve too so they are going in max speed they also have to evade incoming shell fire at them. even if the gneisenau is fast, it still hard to close the distance to fire that torpedo if the target is moving away because they only have 6 km range.

[LYNMF]
991 posts
11,636 battles

Yep, I'm not afraid  for a moment in the still not upgraded bayern I know and see if even one of my HE hits anything afloat they hurt like they had an ear ripped off.

Being one on one (or more) seems common in this ship, you may lose / get totaled but as we see you leave some brutal scares on the guy that has a go with you whatever it is..and huge fun again of

The bayern really shouldn't leave the boat yard without full upgrades and it's a tough call to spend the credits ( I haven't ) or put them to the next ship...The Konig is a better earner I'm finding

i have gone thru stock bayern, it's not that bad as say going thru stock IJN BB but at stock cv is the worst enemy....those AA at stock is really bad

sometimes the distant close very fast, at first 14KM then 10KM and won't realise it's below 6 now and here comes the torpies lol

in a match y'day i even go fight a amagi did 32K damage on it then charge NC and even manage to citadel the NC lol but NC killed me..still it was fun, engaging and exciting

dont like the bayern, dispersion is bad at long range and only 8 guns im losing credits on this ship i prefer the  konig.

i never lose a single credit with this ship even bone stock..you just have to close in to really do something and i tell you it's fun brawling

the guns is just unreliable, sometimes the shells go so far apart i wonder if it's even possible..any ship that angle even big battelship is a issue for these guns

Lol ok, fair enough. But if you do it voluntarily and you're having fun with it then there's no problem at all, is there? :D

definately not lol but i only charge in matches i'm losing or sure of winning

even i wana have fun i will not jeorpadise a win for my team lol

Why.. Even bother brawling with those 2 ships..?

for fun :teethhappy:

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

sometimes the distant close very fast, at first 14KM then 10KM and won't realise it's below 6 now and here comes the torpies lol

you got 20 sec of reload time, enough time to looks around to check distance and treat to your ship. you should always pay attention to their distance at your ship specially for cruisers and destroyers with torpedo.

always on the look out for torpedoes because german bulge are too weak, they can't handle multiple torpedo hits. i really wish WG will increase them to 30%+ torpedo protection because 25% is garbage. specially lower tier has no sonar.