You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Teostra

IJN DD

19 comments in this topic

295 posts
6,604 battles

maybe this is my first rant post, so here we go 

i can't understand what does WG really wants, after they nerf IJN Torpedo speed, range and detectability now they want to buff radar and nerf their torpedo even further?? really, the entire selling point of IJN DD is their torps because their guns is horrible compared to other Destroyer lines (except for akizuki of course), i can't imagine the pain of playing IJN DD when royal navy finally released, with high rate of fire, good concealment + radar, that is literally nightmare for IJN DD, not counting those USN and VMF DD which excels at close combat, but of course "LET'S JUST NERFED IJN TORPEDO WHICH ALREADY HAVE HORRIBLE GUNS SO THEY HAVE TO GET CLOSE TO ENEMY WHILE THEIR CONCEALMENT IS USELESS BECAUSE OF RADAR"     

*rant over*

295 posts
6,604 battles

i hope so, but from what i've watched on random leaks videos on youtube they're planing to nerf IJN torpedoes after the split on some DD, like minekaze and some other ships, i can't remember which one

Super Tester
316 posts
3,400 battles

its annoying enough that a IJN torpedo range nerf is on the cards but thats not really an issue when your torpedoes have neon signs strapped to them by default, more so with the vigilance skill and that t8 upgrade, its like they dont like the idea of the IJN WW2 Cruiser/DD doctrine

295 posts
6,604 battles

its annoying enough that a IJN torpedo range nerf is on the cards but thats not really an issue when your torpedoes have neon signs strapped to them by default, more so with the vigilance skill and that t8 upgrade, its like they dont like the idea of the IJN WW2 Cruiser/DD doctrine

when that's not enough there is still enemy CV who would constantly flying their planes above you, and your torpedoes

Super Tester
7,542 posts
7,978 battles

when that's not enough there is still enemy CV who would constantly flying their planes above you, and your torpedoes

CVs right now hard counter IJN DDs and I don't think there is anything to do about it. Just hope that you don't get CVs in the game.

403 posts
8,181 battles

CVs right now hard counter IJN DDs and I don't think there is anything to do about it. Just hope that you don't get CVs in the game.

Dont USN DDs hard counter as well, because their 5 inch chainguns destroy anything within 6km of it. Given how a stealth fletcher has a detection range only slightly larger than the kagero, it means that the instance a stealth kagero spots a stealth fletcher, the fletcher spots the kagero before the kageros rudder fully turns, and then the kagero loses its engine, rudder, or heck even a gun or two.

And with the current state of game balance the fletcher had torps that are far less situational with better detection ranges. And has more health.

/end salty comment from a IJN DD captain

403 posts
8,181 battles

Update:

http://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/common/introduce-jp-dd-sub-branch/

"Along with these adjustments, Japanese destroyers of the main tech tree have lost their far-range torpedoes, because increasing numbers of players were taking pot shots with them."

Okay, so no more type 93s of any description, so does that mean Gearing would lose her 16km torps?

/ends more salt

403 posts
8,181 battles

To be fair to WG, since the torpedo rebalance (I think in 0.5.6-ish) the type 93 has been removed as an option after the detection range was nerfed to 2.5km. Effectively if you knew how to press A or D every once in a while, you can dodge them all.

66 posts
9,624 battles

This is just so strange.....

So reading that information correctly... the new sub-branch, featuring the MUTSUKI, HATSUHARU, SHIRATSUYU & AKISUKI, will be the "Gunboat" type of DD... but they will also get the longer range torpedoes and auto-loading tubes? The Gunboat DD's will have better torps than the "Multi-Purpose" main branch? Annnnd the excuse given for taking away the long range torps from the main branch was because of players taking "pot-shots".....

Errr.... ummmm.... I....... lets think for a minute..... ummm.... nope.... just doesnt compute.... AT ALL.

1,126 posts

these day, when use high tier IJNDD torpedoes.... it hard to define which is luck or skill...

it's been nerf a lot till that I don't think it's my skill.

-when I score myself a torpedoes hit. "wow, I'm lucky and he was careless."

-when I hit by torpedo . "hmm... I was careless, that DD is lucky."

something like that.... =w=

Super Tester
1,310 posts

This is just so strange.....

So reading that information correctly... the new sub-branch, featuring the MUTSUKI, HATSUHARU, SHIRATSUYU & AKISUKI, will be the "Gunboat" type of DD... but they will also get the longer range torpedoes and auto-loading tubes? The Gunboat DD's will have better torps than the "Multi-Purpose" main branch? Annnnd the excuse given for taking away the long range torps from the main branch was because of players taking "pot-shots".....

Errr.... ummmm.... I....... lets think for a minute..... ummm.... nope.... just doesnt compute.... AT ALL.

actually, 

from what i heard 2nd branch got : 

1. slower ship

2. longer torpedo time

3. less torpedoes

4. same range/same damage torpedoes

5. same performing gun (except akizuki)

tough i heard that 2nd branch got better AA. but they don't have DFAA,

tough they got torp reload booster, but they have to abandon smoke to mount that

I spent heaps to get to VIII Fubuki. Now I have to grind through VII and pay for VIII again?

if u have fubuki now.

i believe ur fubuki will be replaced by kagero when the split comes live

Edited by ReNation