You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Vanguisher88

North Carolina worth keeping?

23 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
129 posts
4,349 battles

After 2 days of grinding as much xp as possible with premium account,+50xp flag and +100xp camouflage,I finally unlocked the Iowa.I want to sell the NC to buy the Iowa.Is the Iowa a worthy succesor over the NC especially in terms of  gun accuracy  so much its worth to sell the NC?

[BRU]
309 posts
11,163 battles

Depends on you, I sold my NC because of its shell velocity. Maybe I'll buy it again if ranked battles are here.

Beta Tester
129 posts
4,349 battles

Depends on you, I sold my NC because of its shell velocity. Maybe I'll buy it again if ranked battles are here.

Thats exactly why I want to sell the NC because of its shell velocity.

Hell nah don't sell the North Carolina it has better sigma and more hidden citadel. Also you could use it in ranked

I dont care about ranked.Even if I do,I would probably use the Benson or Mogami instead for rank.But Iowa also has thicker citadel armour.How much better is the NC stigma over the Iowa?Also doesnt the Iowa get acces to gun accuracy module which can increase her accuracy?

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

i believe the reason why those shell are slow is because they are heavy. i have no problem scoring citadel on bow on cruiser with USN shell while german shell bounce easily.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Thats exactly why I want to sell the NC because of its shell velocity.

I dont care about ranked.Even if I do,I would probably use the Benson or Mogami instead for rank.But Iowa also has thicker citadel armour.How much better is the NC stigma over the Iowa?Also doesnt the Iowa get acces to gun accuracy module which can increase her accuracy?

Iowa sigma is 1.9 North Carolina is 2.0 and you are better off using reload mod instead

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,493 battles

Iowa gets higher velocity guns and access to the powerful -11% dispersion module (the 3,000,000 credits one). Those two combined make for a significant upgrade over the North Carolina.

However, I don't particularly like the look of Iowa. Her proportions look weird. North Carolina, on the other hand, is a true beauty. So I'm keeping her.

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,493 battles

Something else to consider, is that with the bow armour immunity being removed from all these ships soon, will Iowa's 33-knot speed be a bigger advantage than it is now? ie. Mobility and positioning will likely become more important once the campy bow-on meta dissipates.

295 posts
6,613 battles

i sold my NC because i hate the dispersion then accuracy buff happened, kinda regret it now because even though i never played NC post accuracy buff Iowa maintenance is expensive for non premium player like me, in terms of accuracy i can't say much because like i said i never played NC after buff version, but in terms of penetration Iowa is better

Super Tester
7,558 posts
8,001 battles

I love NC, she's the reason I grinded through 5 other shits. I don't care about reaching shitowa either. Yes, dispersion is bad, shell is floaty as hell, but she is a beauty. Oh, and the gun sound, omg.... like heavens.