You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
THUNDERCOMMANDER4

gneisenau dispersion needs a little tweaking

18 comments in this topic

[1AN-E]
303 posts
3,837 battles

as the titles mentions i have had the gneisenau for about 15 games now and the dispersion is pissing me off the amount of times i was 5-7 k away from a cruiser and the dispersion[content removed] and went to each end of the ship and missed is overwhelming:izmena: at longer ranges i expect :hmm:that but at close range i was still finding the same shit:trollface: the only saving grace is the torps and manoeuvrability besides that i am having a hard time liking this ship let along getting past 30,000k damage per game and before you put it in the comments yes i put the accuracy mod on and guess what it made it worse then before so please can someone in wargaming fix this

Profanity. Post edited. User warned.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

139 posts
5,876 battles

I really don't get what's the beef with the Gneisenau is. I've been getting fantastic results in the 25 games I've played, and I engage targets at 15km range or closer. Citadels are easier to come by than both the Nagato and Colorado in my experience with all 3 ships, probably due to the lower shell arc. 

[BRU]
309 posts
11,163 battles

I experienced playing Gneisenau, and even in close range sometimes I still miss my salvo. I can say that it's the worst tier 7 BB ever in my whole life. It's gone so bad that I didn't finish grinding it and used my free exp to get Bismarck, and sell that .

P.S About reaching 120k exp with all upgrades completed when I free exped it.

[BRU]
309 posts
11,163 battles

Wut when I tried it in PT it was like a laser tho

I guess it depends on RNG?? Maybe it's just me or RNG cursed my Gneisenau.

44 posts

yer i have the same problem had a cleveland beach at 7 miles on full broadside to me and every volley lucky if 1 shell would hit.

she is very bad for dispersion. when she does hit tho, man can she do some damage. Still one of my favorite battleships and i love playing her. i am going to keep her when i move along to the bismark 

563 posts
4,686 battles

i believe ichase has explanation on this one

Actually it's a gneisenau on division, most engagement there happens in sub 12km, which is ideal for gneisenau. Not to mention he's basically ignored there, so he just farm damage. But on a typical t9 campfest.. This ship is almost useless until the battle opens up, or some magic cyclone happened.

[1AN-E]
303 posts
3,837 battles

first woops forgot about that rule (was 2 am in the morning at the time of writing) 2nd i will reprash some of my statment when its a batleship i hit it anything else and il miss cause of rng and dispersion and i have played in the genisanue in test and your right the dispersion for some reason works better in test then in live

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Wut when I tried it in PT it was like a laser tho

ur just lucky, there are games RNGesus will smile at you and give you lasers and citadel when you don't even expect to get one but I've played this ship long enough to say this ship is extremely, hair-pulling inaccurate(worsen by the fact that it only has 6 guns, guns that are easily destroyed too).

But its terrible guns is the only thing that keeps this beast on leash. Give it good guns it will be OP. Everything else about this ship is almost perfect: best BB speed, good turn radius, good rudder shift, german™ citadel, decent AA, good armor, has torps, wide torp firing angle. If you want a perfect battleship that has no flaws, wait for a Russian one.

Edited by Deicide

563 posts
4,686 battles

ur just lucky, there are games RNGesus will smile at you and give you lasers and citadel when you don't even expect to get one but I've played this ship long enough to say this ship is extremely, hair-pulling inaccurate(worsen by the fact that it only has 8 guns, guns that are easily destroyed too).

6 guns exactly, and they are not easy to destroy. *those are t8 guns damnit*

At sub 15km range, where its easier to aim, you can get some yubari like dispersion, just like in iChase's video. The thing is, as long as your aiming is perfect this ship is okay. Long range.. (My long range aiming is potato) I don't see a way to make this ship work in a snipe fest. I do think buffing the sigma to 2.0 is quite reasonable 

231 posts
3,548 battles

i think its the fact that some players havent bonded with their ships yet , the german BB line is by far the most prolific and devastating BB line in the game , they are Accurate , ive been playing them since their release!

GNEIS has it all over the SCHARNORST 

in every way 

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

At sub 15km range, where its easier to aim, you can get some yubari like dispersion, just like in iChase's video. The thing is, as long as your aiming is perfect this ship is okay. Long range.. (My long range aiming is potato) I don't see a way to make this ship work in a snipe fest. I do think buffing the sigma to 2.0 is quite reasonable 

i think it should be fair if devs giv her 2.0 sigma. i believe colorado and nagato has 2.0 and they have 16" compare only to gneisenau 15" and she has less guns.
Edited by yansuki

420 posts
20 battles

Hull A has better sigma IMO, hull B has worse. But i think Bayern still worse than hull B.

I think still doable, with that 25s reload, 4s faster than Bayern.

Also higher penetration and speed.

The torp has Minekaze class reload.

Colorado managed to evade my torpedo.

Staring each other with Colorado.

Here 2nd torpedo salvo, a few second after my 2nd gun salvo.

Maybe it is a good idea to make build with torpedo expertise and concealment expert. lol.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Yup that's 6 guns, my mistake. Then maybe it's an isolated case for me since RNG never liked me. 2 out of 5 games I have my guns damaged or destroyed and i find it equally easy to damage other gneisenau's guns if i target them.

i think its the fact that some players havent bonded with their ships yet , the german BB line is by far the most prolific and devastating BB line in the game , they are Accurate , ive been playing them since their release!

GNEIS has it all over the SCHARNORST 

in every way 

I have ~80 games on gneisenau and not bonded yet? It's absolutely inaccurate.

i think it should be fair if devs giv her 2.0 sigma. i believe colorado and nagato has 2.0 and they have 16" compare only to gneisenau 15" and she has less guns.

That's why I think it's a deliberate balancing move by WG, and this time I agree with them.