You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Unraveler

So Sick of the Selfish CV Players on my Team

50 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,493 battles

I am getting quite sick of these selfish CV players that seem to always be in my team.

When I play my Destroyers, the CV players NEVER stay close enough to assist me with their Secondary Guns.

I try to help out the team, but am usually confronted with enemy ships, so the best thing to do is to bait the enemy vessels and lead them over to our CV so that their Secondary Guns can help me wipe them out. But what happens instead?

Our CVs just run away nowadays, so I'm the one that ends up getting wiped out. The CVs with their tunnel thinking believe that they are invincible if they stay hidden. WELL WAKE UP, GUYS. You are not hidden when I bring enemy ships over to you, so logic suggests you use your Secondary Guns so you can help me in my DD by wiping out or reducing the enemy force.

You say, "Oh, let the Battleships do the gunfire battles."  Well, they always nick off to do their own thing, too, so there is no teamwork to help DDs, yet you all want us DDs to spot for you, to torpedo enemy BBs, to torpedo other ships, but you dont want to help our LIMITED AMOUNT of guns, especially if it's an IJN Battleship...

What usually happens then in the game, everyone swears at the poor DD player, yelling out "noob, bad DD player, shouldn't play, stupid DD, etc, etc," but how many of you CVs ACTUALLY TRY TO WORK IN CLOSE with your DD?

I know for one, that I do, when I play my Secondary Gun Build CVs, I actually invite our DDs to bring the enemy ships over to me so I can help them with the enemy force...

I RARELY SEE ANYONE ELSE DO THAT.

So, stop being selfish, CVs, and help your DDs by wiping out enemy ships with your Secondary Guns, and not gripe about "showing the enemy where you are" when I lead the force over to you... You are not the only ships on the water...

Either do the right thing and help or stop asking DDs to torpedo for you (which I also try to do to help our CVs out), or stop playing altogether because you are not helpful, and that's why everyone picks on these "solo warriors."

I am sure other DD players will agree with all the points I make here.

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,865 battles

As a CV player, I'm sorry for that, next time I will get closer with Langley B hull to pewpew them with my AA guns :trollface:

Edited by Vio_Strygun

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,013 battles

As a CV player, I'm sorry for that, next time I will get closer with Langley B hull to pewpew them with my AA guns :trollface:

No, no. Use the Bogue. 2 butt-guns are the best! (I heard of a 201 Bogue detonating a full health Iso with one of those).