You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Celphie

What make you keep playing WoW ? Just wonder ...

49 comments in this topic

1 post
1,491 battles

As for me , the ARP ship , just for collect purpose.

I'm just a below average player ( you can say I'm suck , really , no prob , I'm aware of that ) whom can play like 1-3 hours of WoW per day at most. I'm currently stuck at Tier 7 with Myoko , I just unlocked Yorck thank for the event - Cruiser training and credit give out. I stuck with Myoko because most of the time , I barely get any credit with Myoko ... I'm really close to get Nagato ( 70k out of 74k for it but no credit to unlock it anyway ). I can use my Ryujo to get credit but I want to play differents kinds of ships.

The repair cost took away all the fun I had back at Tier 3-5. People start to be passif / stay back to shoot out instead of go in together. Then I wonder, what am I doing ? I struggle each day to get new ship just to choke me harder later on ? What is the point of unlock it ? I hear peoples say that later on, you had to grin lower tier ship just to get credit to play higher tier. What kind of devolution is this ? Even the "daily mission" isn't worth the effort to put in. Like 30k ? That is like half the repair cost for a Tier 7 Battle, and I had to play like 1-5 matchs to get it depend. What a consolation prize, like "Thank you for your time. Here is a dime for a dollar you spend on us".

So now, I just log in, play like 30', lose couple of credit and that's it ... I can't find any fun from it at all ...

Normaly , in a game , you get one of your character to higher level , so you can get stuff like equip / gold to pass to lower level character , to try out new thing. But with WoW ? You had to level lower character / ship just to keep the higher level on active ? Awesome ...

227 posts
2,651 battles

Higher Tier meta is very different than lower tier. I'm myself grinding 2 lines at the same time (IJN BB and IJN DD) and I'm using DD to rack up credits as T8+ economy is very harsh. Hope it's fixed soonNoTM

266 posts
5,135 battles

I wonder if I'm the only one here whose main goal is to unlock and get all of the T10 ships.

For some reason, I tend to like games which requires heavy leveling/grinding. I played many mmorpgs just to get to level cap and then quit playing right after that. It's quite possible I will do the same thing with this game once they stop releasing new ship lines and I got all the T10. So if the high tier economy is harsh and needs more grinding, the more fun it is for me.

[_BST_]
[_BST_]
244 posts
12,811 battles

Similar to OP Celphie.

I like warships seems more interesting and forgiving than tanks.

I continue to be amazed at the detail and scenery of this game.

The ARP collecting is addictive and was also an incentive to progress to T6 ships. 

Unlocking new ships and getting to used to them is also fascinating.

Finding the VII ships very expensive if I have a bad game in them....also the gameplay at T7 can be extremely frustrating with cruisers.

Really need to supplement credit earnings with completing missions and challenges.

Enjoy the T4 Phoenix, Yubari and Kuma - the T5 Kongos are fun too. Liking the Budyonnoy and Aoba. 

T3 Tenryu was my favourite but it isn't eligible for many missions and challenges.

Super Tester
7,522 posts
7,978 battles

I see a lot of daily missions that gives 500 free xp for easy tasks. Also, if killing 4 planes give 35k extra credit then why not. My mission tabs are always empty, cause I dont even notice when they get completed.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

well currently there are no better WW2 ship platform out there than wows. i love WW2 ships and i'm staying because i love them. currently i'm enjoying playing Ze german battleships.

[_BST_]
[_BST_]
244 posts
12,811 battles

I see a lot of daily missions that gives 500 free xp for easy tasks. Also, if killing 4 planes give 35k extra credit then why not. My mission tabs are always empty, cause I dont even notice when they get completed.

I spec'd one of my many ARP Kongos or Myokos and commander for AA duty when those pane killing missions are on to take advantage of bonus credits.

683 posts
7,332 battles

1. I kind of like warships. Giants armed with big guns and covered in steel plate. Bravery of their crews in the history, only some footage, at most written stories of them, can't really satisfy my interest. World of warships can fill up some of the puzzle.

2. One of the best in game scenery to me, yes, I rarely play other games.

3. Online friends that I get to know in this game, they are nice and their willingness to help make me wanna keep those friendships.

4. To get the ships that I really want ( e.g. Bismarck etc... Maybe when I'm free enough, Iowa)

I do agree with OP. Without premium time the credit earning in tier 7 and above is really really difficult, and it basically an obstacle to grind further. Really hope WG can at least make it slightly gentle :P

Yes Melo, we know that :)

Edited by Darkworld_2015

[PANTS]
188 posts
10,298 battles

Shima-tan 

Definately not that :P

Historical ships that I wanted (Yamato, Bismarck, Taihou etc) Also due to heavy influence by that game

Troll division mates :trollface: (Yes, u know who you are if you are reading)

Edited by AkaNoPoi

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,179 battles

I play WoWS because:

1. it's kinda mindless in that I don't have to learn a(nother) new game
  2. battles are generally quick to start and it only takes a max of 20 mins to play
  3. I have been an armchair admiral/naval enthusiast for years, since I was a teenager, so this game ticks a lot of boxes
  4. as much as the lack of english spoken in chat or the lack of any chat/teamwork whatsoever is a pain in WoWS Asia, I would find it more irritating to read the same crap spoken by trolls and/or self entitled gamers in English on the Euro/NA servers. Ignorance is bliss, so to speak. I had to put up with self entitled morons on Navyfield. That was enough for me.
  5. I like collecting ships. I know they're not real but they're such pretty models.

Tee

141 posts
6,599 battles

At my first stage of the game, i singluarly push IJN dd ONLY, i felt SO tight in terms of economy. Meanwhile i saw u pushing ijn bb ca dd cv and German ca at the same time. Well , see wheres the problem now?

There are fee tips for u to go:

1.premium offers you x1.5 credits and x1.5 exp before it expires, and it is affordable for a lot of players

2.Focus on particular same line first , dont be so greedy and the beginning stage(althoug u says you are beliw avg player, your ships stacks prove u should be)

3.If you are able to afford some premium ships, go for it, basically you get 100k-400k in return depends on your performance, i would say it worths, compare with reality time extra spend in low tier which i ve been through (welcome to check my stat in isokaze) combining with premium account, money comes!

i am not a collector, i buy p ships only for captain training and credit generating.

4. But wg designs it as a endless hole, u can put all ships in your port even u have enough exp to convert, u can buy all ships.Realise some ships should be jumped cos they dont perfrom well at all. e.g. ijn muzuki hatsuhru myogi izumo us bb basically all tier except n caro and iowa dd mahan etc.

141 posts
6,599 battles

also, you played all types if ships , then you should you how to tackle your enemy much better, but you still say you are below avg player , i am quit confused.

go watch videos like ichase academy, improve your skills , get more credits and exp per round.

And please go premium. Yes i am asking u to go for premium , one premium ships is adequate to generate credits, only you dont feel boring to play single ship all the time.Pay for a ships saves your time to reality , play less , mourn less more time to sleep and date your girlfriend and at the same time , meet your appetize in WoWs