You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ahwai82

These type of match just take away the fun

20 comments in this topic

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,573 battles

invisifiring dd...nothing i can do i cannot counter..just a sitting duck and i just give up and let them kill me

you can have the biggest gun but useless as nothing can beat stealth

my matches these days, 4 to 5 dd per side and it depends on them and as usual my side dd always end up dead so there you go..easy wrecked by invisifing dd

353 posts
5,012 battles

haha i had a match in kaiser where that happened too. i should had retreat as there was other ships supporting the invisi clemson.

support is rather vital in thosw situations

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,094 battles

invisifiring dd...nothing i can do i cannot counter..just a sitting duck and i just give up and let them kill me

you can have the biggest gun but useless as nothing can beat stealth

my matches these days, 4 to 5 dd per side and it depends on them and as usual my side dd always end up dead so there you go..easy wrecked by invisifing dd

There ARE ways to counter invisifiring DD

1. Catapult plane over flight
  2. Radar
  3. CV over flight
  4. Get in close and spook it with numbers
  5. DDs

I'm a DD-CV player and my invisifire has countless times been thwarted by the most stalwart of enemy.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

if you play battleship don't go alone and try to sail with cruiser. you know even if you can see the dd i doubt you can do anything about it if its beyond 13km. so just ignore it, sail to your allies and focus on larger enemies like battleship and cruisers.

i play destroyer too and i really like to annoy battleship even without invisifire, because i tank shell that suppose to go with my cruiser and battleship. so they can do damage safely.

Beta Tester
49 posts
11,617 battles

If you're BB, try to manage your distance like >10km away, let CC or DD deal with 'em and you should help them

If you're USN CC, give em radar

and don't bother to use Repair party if your ship only get 1 or 2 burning spot, you could always recover them later

345 posts
3,649 battles

Just ignore the invisifiring guy and just shoot those you see. Don't disregard Island cover.

Edited by Loshirai14

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

There ARE ways to counter invisifiring DD

1. Catapult plane over flight
  2. Radar
  3. CV over flight
  4. Get in close and spook it with numbers
  5. DDs

I'm a DD-CV player and my invisifire has countless times been thwarted by the most stalwart of enemy.

1 - If the DD is far enough to invis fire, your spotter plane may or may not be able to spot it depending on the DD's air detectability range. Also it's useless if the DD smoke firing.

2 - Not everyone have that, and again if the DD is far away enough to invis fire they can quickly retreat out of your radar range too. This works against smoke firing DD though, but you need to take the DD down fast.

3 - That depends on the competence of your team's CV player.

4 - Numbers work, but be wary of torps. Also you'll still take damage along the way regardless (and DD are usually fast enough to keep distance while being able to bear some guns on you.

5 - As long as your team's DD know what's he's doing, then this is one of the best counter along with CV plane.

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,573 battles

If you're in a position to get invisifired with no way of countering it, something's gone wrong.

thats why i say i always keep getting into such situation because dd keep dying early

sucks though but what to do especially sailing bb

once see team dd going down one by one loses hope of playing especially in a domination match

2,221 posts
13,691 battles

then you have to think to yourself, why is it always my team's DDs that die first

^Well said.

I play all lines pretty much equally. So although I'm not a great player I do think I have a fair understanding of the balances. I shouldn't tell you this because I lose an advantage when I'm dd in smoke.

Just head straight for it. Pretty easy dodge torps when you head on to the direction they coming from. Good chance you will have sonar/radar. You can ram/torp/shell him when you get there. Make them panic.

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,573 battles

then you have to think to yourself, why is it always my team's DDs that die first

then i think, oh yes my ship only sail 25 knots and my guns have big dispersion

what can i do?

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

what can i do?

Turn back and head towards the DD, there is a slight chance you will find him in vision or range, if you keep running you are dead anyway.

Another way, if you see a mountain / island near you, take shelter behind that.

2,221 posts
13,691 battles

what can i do?

Set the secondaries on him. You wanna try it in the New Mexico. 18.5 knots

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,573 battles

goodluck detecting a dd that will just move away and keep raining shells after shells

nothing can be done but hope don't get into such situation more

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Depending on situation you can either move closer to him or run away from him. Use your WASD and evade his hits even if you're a battleship, don't just sail mindlessly straight being an easy, dumb target.

goodluck detecting a dd that will just move away and keep raining shells after shells

nothing can be done but hope don't get into such situation more

Use your brain. If you think he's moving away, then you move away too and before long you'll be out of his range. If you think he's coming your way and you have some HP to tank his hits, then head straight at to his direction and detect him.
Edited by Deicide

112 posts
5,463 battles

I love using offensive smokes in blysk (in particular), however they are potentially easily countered.

The main mistake I see people doing is panicking, they turn away in a panic exposing broadside, often people don't die to my offensive smoke they die because they panicked and turned. Come at me, charge me down. Encourage your CV to hover over me, that makes me panic because I don't have an 'out'. Deny me an 'out' and I will stop shooting to drop off detection and retreat once i eventually leave smoke. 

Also - hydro and radar make a big difference, particularly at high tiers (its why my Gearing results are so.... inconsistent). 

Hope this helps! Countering these hard things is part of the fun!

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

what can i do?

Biggest killer of DDs is other DDs and CAs.

I've highlighted the one you can deal with for your DDs as a BB.  Right from the start get your guns trained on where you expect CA's to pop out (look near islands) and drop salvos on them.  At the least you'll mess up their aim on your DDs while they dodge your shells, at best you'll critadel them out of the game.

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

DDs are so much fun, you should try them...

and 16 minutes later

hahaha.....

This never happens when I play ijn dd, there is always a carrier or usn dds who chase me down to death.