You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
wookielord

?My Nikolai no main guns at 300mtrs

14 comments in this topic

96 posts
3,809 battles

Gday i had a battle against another bb the other night.To set the scene my bb and his bb were 1k apart and closing,My secondarys are very weak but i get a few hits as we close and also main gun hits, BUT at about 30 to 70 mtrs and less my main guns would not fire??? at all.. i had 40,000 plus tons left he had 12,000 left when we were at this range. My mains not firing his secondarys doing massive damage. So he sat 20 to 50 mtrs along side my bb and smashed it with secondarys and mains.. My secondarys were lucky to even hit him at this range also .. Is this a glitch or are main guns unable to fire at very close ships??CHEERS guys Sorry guys its suppose to be 30 meters around that range...NOT 300}

Edited by wookielord

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

He's probably using a commander with the tier 5 secondary dispersion buff skill.

Your main guns would not fire because your main guns cannot keep up with where your cursor is pointed. Certainly not at that distance.

Edited by Haku

96 posts
3,809 battles

He's probably using a commander with the tier 5 secondary dispersion buff skill.

Your main guns would not fire because your main guns cannot keep up with where your cursor is pointed. Certainly not at that distance.

No i had my mains facing the enemy all turrets .. they just would not fire....

96 posts
3,809 battles

Sometimes your ship turns just tiny bit slightly faster than your turret rotation that the game doesn't show. Try slowing down the turn for a sec and fire.

Cheers but all weapons were in the green and facing the bb they just would not fire at that close range.Cheers

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

If you're within high-five range of enemy ships and broadsiding zoom the camera out, release the target lock (press 'X'), and fire away. There are times where the guns simply couldn't track the ship that is a little bit faster than turret rotation itself even though the indicator was green.

96 posts
3,809 battles

If you're within high-five range of enemy ships and broadsiding zoom the camera out, release the target lock (press 'X'), and fire away. There are times where the guns simply couldn't track the ship that is a little bit faster than turret rotation itself even though the indicator was green.

Cheers might be why.. it was real odd

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Gday i had a battle against another bb the other night.To set the scene my bb and his bb were 1k apart and closing,My secondarys are very weak but i get a few hits as we close and also main gun hits, BUT at about 30 to 70 mtrs and less my main guns would not fire??? at all.. i had 40,000 plus tons left he had 12,000 left when we were at this range. My mains not firing his secondarys doing massive damage. So he sat 20 to 50 mtrs along side my bb and smashed it with secondarys and mains.. My secondarys were lucky to even hit him at this range also .. Is this a glitch or are main guns unable to fire at very close ships??CHEERS guys Sorry guys its suppose to be 30 meters around that range...NOT 300}

Question: What are the battleships invovled?

Some battleships have better secondaries than others.

Probably your secondaries got destroyed, while his remain intact.

Probably enemy got secondary build, while you don't.

Most probably your mains can't keep up with the enemy with its slow turret traverse hence not firing even if they were green.

Edited by Deicide

Super Tester
7,512 posts
7,978 battles

I do a lot of cqc on DDs and BBs. If the target is within 3 km, you wont need to lead the target in most cases. Get out of artilary zoom, deselct target, if you have x seconds to reload, point your gun where target will be after x seconds. You will almost never be able to shoot if you let the poor game engine track the target for you.

96 posts
3,809 battles

Question: What are the battleships invovled?

Some battleships have better secondaries than others.

Probably your secondaries got destroyed, while his remain intact.

Probably enemy got secondary build, while you don't.

Most probably your mains can't keep up with the enemy with its slow turret traverse hence not firing even if they were green.

My gun were all in the green and facing enemy ,, they just would not fire??Yes some secondarys may have been destroyed but it still dont explain what happened,,plus as i said i had 40,000 tons still and he had 12,000 tons yet his secondarys took me out mine done mabey 6,000 tons more damage befor his destroyed me..?? cheers

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Your target is faster than your turret turning speed

It also affect cruisers and most IJN DD

And we call it HEALTH POINT

NO SON, SHIPS DONT GET MUCH LIGHTER WHEN GET SHOT AT