You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ordrazz

why did i die in my smoke screen?

14 comments in this topic

1,480 posts

hey ppls,

i was just in a game in my mikhail kutzeov, in my smokescreen which was set, but the enemy ( a dd looked like kamikaze r) a tirpitz & an indianapolis, all saw me & killed me as if the screen wasnt there!!!

the map was shatter

when  DDs use smokescreen, i cant them for S &*$#, but it seems the mikhails smokescreen is seethrough....

unless it is a bug, thats why i put it here.....

im not dreaming & no, i wasnt sticking out of my smoke, because i had the boundry lines on, & my ship was well within the boundaries.

not happy, Jan      :angry:

Ordrazz

359 posts
2,819 battles

Were you spotted? Or better, have any replay?

Sometime they just have lucky shot, some may shot where they scored hit from before. or they're too close, or they're use radar, sonar

Edited by Hero_of_Zero

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

I often hit dd and get hit while using dd in smoke too.

You canbtry guess the enemy positioning based on shell fired or last know direction

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

There is multiple reasons without showing us a replay:

1: They had sonar/radar (You will get the sonar/radar detected warning)

2: They just shot into the smoke in the hopes of sinking you

3: You were still moving forward as you pop smoke, making you visible

(I've sunk ppl in smoke looking at where their shots are coming from and shooting there)

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

Proximity spotted (<3km), or Hydro?   If the icon did not appear and ships are far away then its probably just blind firing.  Hitting such a large ship in smoke is not difficult at under 10km.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

its RNG.

i saw someone one-shot a DD invisifiring inside the smoke screen, you should angle a bit when firing inside a screen, even if they can see you if they blind fire in the smoke there's a chance they can hit you. its not impossible to get oneshot, specially if you are sitting broadside stationary.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

also if you the tirptiz got lock on you few sec before you disappear, she can still guess and fire an accurate shot and sink you. i once did it in a cruiser, was locking on it and waiting for my guns to reload, she disappear few seconds before my reload finish, i still fire at her and manage to score 2 citadel.

331 posts
17,063 battles

if am in in a DD and there is smoke within range of my torps that wasn't laid by friendlies  I will be sending torps in its direction and torps don't care if you're spotted:trollface:

Number of times i have killed DDs or other things in smoke with torps is ridiculous.

Video Contributor
2,261 posts
10,782 battles

blind shot

who has many skill can kill you inside the smoke screen

when enemy fire in the smoke screen you can see shell where enemy shot and shot back into the smoke screen

so i have shot into the smoke screen and kill enemy many times (you must know where enemy fire before you shot)

example

Edited by Onlinegamer