You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
NZLBROTHERS2016

I GOT IT! the perfect way to implement I-401

29 comments in this topic

104 posts
7 battles

this just hit me and I hope I don't confuse anyone with this but I think I found a way to implement I-401 without drastically changing the game. Heres my idea the I-401 that merged with Takao looks really cool and in some scenes its seen on the surface right? Well why don't we take the design of the Iona/Takao vessel and hold a contest to see who can come up with a design for I-401 that would make it more cruiser/destroyer like rather than a submarine so it doesn't have to dive it can fight like a surface ship and look really cool while doing it. If anybody reading this isn't confused up to this point  than shall we see if this works take a reference of the model and just alter the design a little bit say where the AA gun is at the front of the ship change it to a 160 mm gun and put triple torpedo tubes 1 on each side in the center of the ship along with 2 mounts on either side of the torpedo tubes for 4 extra 160 mm guns then add 1 at the back of the ship, camo it like the anime series, cut out the gravity cannon, cut out its super power features, add 4 to 8 inches of armor, 19000 HP, tier 7, mission to unlock her similar to that of ARP Nachi how about that WarGaming sound like an idea that could work? I think it would and to the people that don't like Anime please I don't need the negativity just give me a chance to see if this goes further than my previous ideas.

Moved to suggestions.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

The nice thing about the current ARP ships is that they blend in perfectly well with the game - without Yokosuka selected, you couldn't even tell that ARP Kongous or Myoukous are around. The core gameplay of this game is historical vessels - even the fictional ones draw basis from systems and logical evolutions of naval design, technology and development.

Your abomination suggestion pretty much throws all of that out the window.

345 posts
3,668 battles

HAHAHAHAHAHAH.... NO... :P

In all seriousness. If they would implement this. It would be a Premium ship with ridiculous Price

Edited by Loshirai14

104 posts
7 battles

you guys have no faith huh I'm trying to give ideas to make the game fun for players of all ages but you guys are just denying any way of making the game exciting instead you people just wanna make it boring am I the only one who plays this game with the idea that if we could add a tiny bit of make believe to it more people would play the game I mean I thought by making it so it DOESN'T dive it would balance it out but now you're all complaining about the looks seriously how stupid could this generation of people be well not stupid but rather stuck up you know its got functionality of a regular tier 7 cruiser but you complain cause it looks different grow up everyone

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,182 battles

WALLOFTEXTISVERYHARDTOREAD

IFYOUCANNOTADDCOMMASFULLSTOPSAND

PROPERSENTENCESTRUCTURETHENI

DONOTHAVETHEMOTIVATIONTOTAKE

YOUSERIOUSLY

Tee

104 posts
7 battles

plus what would Arpeggio of Blue Steel be without I-401 honestly someone please tell me what that would look like I'll give you hint boring thats what it would be so why did they even bother with the Arpeggio of Blue Steel content if they do not want to even try and add the main character ship to it

104 posts
7 battles

I think I have made my point pretty clear so yea please to anyone who has any faith what so ever please feel free to leave good comments below and show these haters that they are wrong. This might actually help the game expand itself I mean think about it this could be a first which could have the potential to make World of Warships the best MMO Warship game in the world come on guys lets help our friends lets use our imaginations to push World of Warships further.

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

Firstly, there are a few people on these forums who are against the whole anime/WOWS thing so yes, they will voice their opinion against it. There's nothing wrong for them to voice their own opinion like you do as well.

Secondly, for the ones that do like anime and/or have seen Arpeggio of Blue Steel, we are all fully aware of the fact that that the Ars Nova series does focus around Iona/Gunzo, WG recognizes this which is why we have an Iona commander with a specialization of XI I-401. Noting that the main character IS a submarine, which we have been consistently told will not be in WoWS there's not much more they can do apart from considering something like you said, however and;

Thirdly, the game, whilst already released, is still in its earlier stages. WG are still building lines for countries and, I would imagine that, their schedule is busy enough as it is to bring in more nations and ships. There are plenty of threads, reddit posts, feedback in general, going "where are x nation ships", "Why is there no x before y, since x was a better navy" etc, as it is. The ARP ships are variants of ships already in game therefore it is easier to reskin those than build an entire new hybrid ship that you're suggesting, which would take (what i believe would be) a considerable amount of time to create. Thus using resources that could be used to get the game to a point where they might be able to do more complex fictitious designs like the Takao/I-401 hybrid.

So while your suggestion does have merit to try and promote the game and anime, you have to be considerate of the fact that A) the game is still being built, nation tree building will take precedence over ARP development; B) WG are trying to give the ARP fans something, and C) not everyone will want the same that you want, and there's nothing you can really do to stop them voicing that opinion.

Also is there any chance you can post future threads like these in the suggestions thread, since you are suggesting stuff? 

Edit: thanks moving it dmw

Edited by ADM_dude_SG

104 posts
7 battles

Firstly, there are a few people on these forums who are against the whole anime/WOWS thing so yes, they will voice their opinion against it. There's nothing wrong for them to voice their own opinion like you do as well.

Secondly, for the ones that do like anime and/or have seen Arpeggio of Blue Steel, we are all fully aware of the fact that that the Ars Nova series does focus around Iona/Gunzo, WG recognizes this which is why we have an Iona commander with a specialization of XI I-401. Noting that the main character IS a submarine, which we have been consistently told will not be in WoWS there's not much more they can do apart from considering something like you said, however and;

Thirdly, the game, whilst already released, is still in its earlier stages. WG are still building lines for countries and, I would imagine that, their schedule is busy enough as it is to bring in more nations and ships. There are plenty of threads, reddit posts, feedback in general, going "where are x nation ships", "Why is there no x before y, since x was a better navy" etc, as it is. The ARP ships are variants of ships already in game therefore it is easier to reskin those than build an entire new hybrid ship that you're suggesting, which would take (what i believe would be) a considerable amount of time to create. Thus using resources that could be used to get the game to a point where they might be able to do more complex fictitious designs like the Takao/I-401 hybrid.

So while your suggestion does have merit to try and promote the game and anime, you have to be considerate of the fact that A) the game is still being built, nation tree building will take precedence over ARP development; B) WG are trying to give the ARP fans something, and C) not everyone will want the same that you want, and there's nothing you can really do to stop them voicing that opinion.

Also is there any chance you can post future threads like these in the suggestions thread, since you are suggesting stuff? 

Edit: thanks moving it dmw

Yea man next time I will move to suggestions its just if people don't have anything nice to say why bother saying it you know? and as well as that I know WG would probably look at this as their last thing I just was looking for some people that would be onboard with me and say "its a good idea we'll see how far it goes" and not something that I would interpret as "This is an absolutely horrible idea get rid of it now no body likes this kind of stuff just take it down and piss off" you see I come from a background of hate and so although people may not be saying those specific words that's how it looks to me and I get really down about it cause no one likes what I have to offer which is some really good ideas to some people I know in real life that play this game.

and to anyone who calls me a kid I am not a [content removed] kid alright! I am infact graduating from University in December so up yours you jerks!!

Profanity. post edited. user warned.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,836 posts
4,138 battles

Yea man next time I will move to suggestions its just if people don't have anything nice to say why bother saying it you know?

Because the simple fact that just because you suggest something is "perfect" does not make it so.  If you choose to post then you have to be willing to take the good comments with the bad.

An even if you are graduating from uni your last comment makes you sound like a petulant child so it doesn't help your cause.

Edited by RalphTheTheatreCat

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

Like I said people will say whatever they like, be it nice or not it's their opinion and they are free to express it (within the rules of this forum, of course). I'm just as guilty of doing that as much as anyone else on these forums.

Those who like your suggestion I'm sure will agree with you even though they may not say it. I am also sure that there are those who dislike your suggestion who aren't saying anything either. It just so happens that most of the written responses you are getting are those that are opposed. I won't go into your whole background thing, but keep in mind that if you want to engage in forums like these expect more criticism than complements. If the opposite happens then that is a credit to you. Don't let this make you non verbal in your opinions though, you have the same right to disagree with someone else's suggestion or opinion as much as they do to yours. 

If you want to have a chat more about this, PM me, since we're going off topic now.

Edit: 

What Ralph says is true as well.

Edited by ADM_dude_SG

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

And I'm here still waiting for an ARP only mode (even if its just VS bots).

Because WG keeps giving us copy paste of Myoukous and Kongou which serve no purpose as they cannot use camo like a regular ship and you have to reequip all of them if you "like to" play them.

If WG makes an ARP ONLY mode that only happens when Yokosuka selected , the "catoon" haters won't see it while the anime lovers will have their own fun.

It would be so fun to see ARP ships fighting each other with Lasers, missiles, super gravity cannons, mirror ring and the myoukou class specials. Not to mention Klein field would make the ARP ONLY mode fun.

But we all know that won't ever happen, but still I'm here waiting for ARP Maya. (CARNIVAL DAYO)

Edited by Windforce

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Because WG keeps giving us copy paste of Myoukous and Kongou which serve no purpose as they cannot use camo like a regular ship and you have to reequip all of them if you "like to" play them.

If WG makes an ARP ONLY mode that only happens when Yokosuka selected , the "catoon" haters won't see it while the anime lovers will have their own fun.

It would be so fun to see ARP ships fighting each other with Lasers, missiles, super gravity cannons, mirror ring and the myoukou class specials. Not to mention Klein field would make the ARP ONLY mode fun.

But we all know that won't ever happen, but still I'm here waiting for ARP Maya. (CARNIVAL DAYO)

No DD, Only Tier 5 BBs

Tsundere Takao rules !!!!!

104 posts
7 battles

Finally someone that gets me hey perhaps you'd like my previous post on "Arpeggio Mode!" have a read see what you think its got some hints of how they can add this mode into the game as well as that it would also allow the introduction of I-401 for the Arpeggio Mode