Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Reubster_defender

FIRE! away...

14 comments in this topic

44 posts

Has anyone else been thinking lately the fire damage is really and i mean REALLY doing to much damage? and setting ships alight is getting far to easy?  I have my favorite BB fully set up for defense, reduced fire and damage on everything even my commander is all about reducing chance of fire, the flags are all there too, my upgrades are the same a fully anti fire and shortened flooding BB. Nearly every volley still sets me ablaze. Those darn budyonny long distance shots and im all ablaze, I rarely die from gun damage but burn to death all the time and i think its getting out of hand whats the point in playing well and angling ships if you are just going to burn anyhow? might as well charge in do as much damage as you can for the 15 seconds you are alive then port, get next ship and be back in port in another 15 seconds!. I have stopped playing two of my favorite BBs because of it. So i go get on my York and i also am that annoying guy setting everything on fire with just one or two volleys, move onto the next ship or next spot on a ship and within a few shots i have 3 fires going, so they must heal ill light another up and return to the healed ship after its timer is out another 3 fires and he is dead...think theres a bit of OP damage going on there.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,834 posts
4,134 battles

People only notice it when they are on fire.  I'm not a big BB driver and I get burnt every time.  But as Syanda said,  its nothing new.   The missions tended to bring out a bit more HE spam than usual just for the damage output from cruisers.

44 posts

There hasn't been any changes to fire mechanics/fire chance in like, ages.

Might be time to look at it then, it might just be the new ships are more susceptible to fire damage, still i burn more than get shot to death. 

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Might be time to look at it then, it might just be the new ships are more susceptible to fire damage, still i burn more than get shot to death. 

It's already been looked at by the dataminers. No changes to fire chance mechanics. But German battleships have all that lovely, lovely superstructure and big sizes that just scream "SHOOT HE AT ME".

Super Tester
2,725 posts

No changes at all. The RU Cruisers' molotov, notably tier 6 & above, really set flame on enemy ships very easily despite the 12% fire chance on their 152mm guns & good rate of fire. I've experienced it like that since their released, better than my JP's 203mm HE with 20% fire chance.

44 posts

It's already been looked at by the dataminers. No changes to fire chance mechanics. But German battleships have all that lovely, lovely superstructure and big sizes that just scream "SHOOT HE AT ME".

HAHA i hear that! the damn german BBs are the best fun tho, well when not on fire...

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

HAHA i hear that! the damn german BBs are the best fun tho, well when not on fire...

you know i'm playing german battleship for weeks and fires are my least worry. maybe you should look where to position battleship first. battleship get set multiple times if they get shoot by multiple CA or DD. and as long as you got cruiser screening few km in your front enemy cruiser and will have a hard time focus firing you as they fear of getting deleted first.

44 posts

you know i'm playing german battleship for weeks and fires are my least worry. maybe you should look where to position battleship first. battleship get set multiple times if they get shoot by multiple CA or DD. and as long as you got cruiser screening few km in your front enemy cruiser and will have a hard time focus firing you as they fear of getting deleted first.

Hard to find a decent team to support correctly. Even then last battle i played today a tashkent was shooting me in my gneisenau, i had an atago with me and was facing down a Tirpitz. Atago would not stop attacking the tirpitz and change to DD no matter what i said or did he just single mindedly went for the BB so i had to turn and run and ended up burning to death as i couldnt do much dmg to the DD and therefore couldnt kill the Tirpitz while having to deal with the DD. The BB killed my AC, he didnt do much dmg to the BB i did bugger all to the DD as he stayed at max distance and fire after fire after fire, the Tirpitz did no major damage to me and i almost killed him before burning

Edited by Reubster_defender

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Hard to find a decent team to support correctly. Even then last battle i played today a tashkent was shooting me in my gneisenau, i had an atago with me and was facing down a Tirpitz. Atago would not stop attacking the tirpitz and change to DD no matter what i said or did he just single mindedly went for the BB so i had to turn and run and ended up burning to death as i couldnt do much dmg to the DD and therefore couldnt kill the Tirpitz while having to deal with the DD. The BB killed my AC, he didnt do much dmg to the BB i did bugger all to the DD as he stayed at max distance and fire after fire after fire, the Tirpitz did no major damage to me and i almost killed him before burning

just angle yourself to incoming HE fire while angle a bit so AP wont pen you. i have a game in my scharnhorst where a kutuzov is spamming HE on me, i  angle myself so she can only hit my front while i focus on the nagato. for five minutes he only set me on fire twice.

the trick on HE is to reduce the surface area where they can trigger fires. most HE spammer don't know how to properly set multiple fires, they only keep on hitting middle superstructure not attacking bow and stern . so if you angle your self in them you will reduce the surface area they can hit. once the area is saturated they will also stop dealing damage.

44 posts

just angle yourself to incoming HE fire while angle a bit so AP wont pen you. i have a game in my scharnhorst where a kutuzov is spamming HE on me, i  angle myself so she can only hit my front while i focus on the nagato. for five minutes he only set me on fire twice.

the trick on HE is to reduce the surface area where they can trigger fires. most HE spammer don't know how to properly set multiple fires, they only keep on hitting middle superstructure not attacking bow and stern . so if you angle your self in them you will reduce the surface area they can hit. once the area is saturated they will also stop dealing damage.

Great thanks mate, i angle for AP but never really bothered with HE just tried to wiggle around to get hit less...im logging in to try it muahahahahaaa

420 posts
20 battles

Still HE damage will chip your Health, quickly.

Nachi firing AP to Gneisenau, saw 5k dmg.

Firing HE to her structure, saw 8k dmg.

HE wins. Even without fire.

I always suggest to reduce 4 fire spots to 3 tho. Having 2 fire spots near to superstructure...

104 posts
7 battles

You know I find that the chances of causing fires with CA is also misleading with the percentage rating being low but in battle its almost as if its double, I really don't like that because I could be driving any battleship and just like you as soon as a CA is in sight what do ya know, I'm on fire in three places I repair it and by the time the fires gone the next salvo from the CA is already on the way then you guessed it another three fires sprout up. I really think its rather ridiculous I mean the reload time for CA I can understand that it's pretty fast and I can put up with that but the chances of fire on any ship from a CA is absolutely OP I think it should be reduced just a tad because its not giving BB drivers a fair chance at the game because they're constantly on fire.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Still HE damage will chip your Health, quickly.

Nachi firing AP to Gneisenau, saw 5k dmg.

Firing HE to her structure, saw 8k dmg.

HE wins. Even without fire.

I always suggest to reduce 4 fire spots to 3 tho. Having 2 fire spots near to superstructure...

superstructure will get saturated with damage soon and cruise will deal no damage on superstructure unless it receive repairing from damage repair.

if you angle on cruiser dealing HE against your battleship, most of their shell will probably hit armored part of your ship e.g turret and armored deck so they will deal less damage. as long as you hit cruiser with high caliber AP of battleship they will melt. even without citadel.

Sign in to follow this