Sign in to follow this  
Bittersteel

Guys I need Advice Again

14 comments in this topic

50 posts
4,751 battles

I've been wondering I currently have 2 tier 7 ships both Nagato going to Amagi which I'am grinding & sitting @ 110k exp & a CV credit farmer which is Hiryu.

I currently have 190k free exp including the conversion I can do with the ARP ships & hosho, zuiho, ryujo I'm sitting @ 1.2k battles & still improving my gameplay I already had a taste of tier 8-10 battles in the Tirpitz but I think I'm not yet ready I plan to go all out tier 8-10 if I hit 1800-2000 battles which I can in the next 2-3mos as I play regularly

The Question is I'm itching to try out the KM line the tirpitz was a good trainer played 150 battles in it but only a few exceptional & excellent games for me I computed the exp I think I can reach bayern & grind thru Gneis so I can decide whether I like Amagi first or Bismarck =(    I need feedback I'm purely a bb-cv player I do have CA's but I  play below average in my furutaka & kirov(Preferred CA) & during my stock Nagato grind I fell around 7% winrate it was the darkest period of my grind I went from 52% down to 45% but my bb aim & movement including damage dealt has risen drastically I was sitting @ 57% as peak on my fuso before till I got a taste of the stock nagato

Edited by Bittersteel

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

The Question is I'm itching to try out the KM line the tirpitz was a good trainer played 150 battles in it but only a few exceptional & excellent games for me I computed the exp I think I can reach bayern & grind thru Gneis so I can decide whether I like Amagi first or Bismarck =(  

Both Bayern and Gneisenau are good ship and Bismack is as solid as Tirpitz you wont feel any let down at those ships worth grinding and trying for your self.

I'm purely a bb-cv player I do have CA's but I  play below average in my furutaka & kirov(Preferred CA) & during my stock Nagato grind I fell around 7% winrate it was the darkest period of my grind I went from 52% down to 45% but my bb aim & movement including damage dealt has risen drastically I was sitting @ 57% as peak on my fuso before till I got a taste of the stock nagato

Most of player perform below than usual in stock ship so no need to worries about that.

Here my BB guide if you have time to spare, and sorry for my poor english :D:D:D

Sent: 25 April 2016 - 09:46 AM

For BBs stuff im gonna split it between Low Tier (3-6) / High Tier (7-10) because in my opinion even they are the same but in gameplay they quite difference :P

Introduction

Battleship is the class with the most HP and most armor ship in the game they also equip with largest guns of all class whic can deal large amount of damage but they are not maneuverable as other class (but some of Battleship are as fast as Cruiser) and they so damn big so you not gonna have a smooth ride without taking hits after hit in this class

Role

Take this class as Tanker/Damage Dealer with large amount of HP poll and heavy armor BBs are proof to be quite hard to sink and can receive damage for teammate also be able to heal it HP back and their guns can penetrate other ship armor with large amount of damage to the receiving end so not many ship want to contest with BB in 1v1 dual situation because most of the time they wont come out on top, always priority to staying alive over dealing damage position is the most importance for BBs captain if you position your self correctly you can be a key contribute ship who taking damage for the team and dealing large amount of damage but if you doing it wrong you gonna be the one that going down first.

Gameplay Low Tier (3-6)

In this low tier BBs most of them are slow (except Kongo) and inaccurate compare to other class so positioning and reading mini map/situation is really importance.

you need to know which flank is need you to lead the attack or need you to tank and hold the enemy off and because the slow speed you cant switch flank as often as other class in this tier so once you decided you need to commit in that flank for the rest of the round, once you get in position always watch your friendly movement and act accordingly of your team decide to attack you should follow them and be there to take the damage if they not attacking you should hold the line with them if they retreat you should fall back with them since BBs is the biggest ship they always the prime target for focus fire and carrier will easily attack you so dont be alone.

so once you already position ur self correctly and act according to the situation next is gun fight due to the large caliber you dont actually have to fire as much as other class to come out on top, always waiting for the best opportunity to strike patient is essential in this class BB target are Cruiser since they have thin armor and really causing problems over time so you better get rid of them first use AP and aim for Cruiser side armor for the largest damage but you dont actually have to finish it off with BBs low rate of fire enemy ship that already aware that they being target will maneuver and quite hard to hit, switch to unsuspecting ship and strike fear in their hearth repeat the process to the point that enemy line collapsing.

Gameplay High Tier (7-10)

In high tier BBs now they are more modern ship with higher speed and super long range guns which will give you more chance to react to the situation and be more capable to decide the out come of the match.

As same as low tier BBs positioning and reading mini map/situation is really importance but now you have speed to switch flank and able to support your team anywhere if needed in this tier many Cruiser gun range are as good as 15km+ but that doesn't mean you have to sit back and snipe your job is still the same be Tanker be there to receive damage and strike fear to enemy but now you cannot just look at ur flank you need to look, analyst and understand the situation of the whole game because you have to capability to change ur position always watch mini map for air attack dont get caught in open because if high tier Carrier making a attack run on you it can be a matter of  seconds before you go back to port because at this tier Carrier are really powerful so dont under estimate them, not just Carrier many Destroyer at this tier will have long range torpedoes and deal large amount of damage so always watch your surrounding and predict where torpedoes attack gonna come then position your self correctly to minimize the potential damage.

Gun fight kinda same with low tier always aim for unsuspecting ship and deal large amount of damage except you also have to fight off enemy BBs and make them unable to maneuver so our friendly can pick them off with larger gun and better accuracy now it really easy to make a proper aim and penetrate other BBs armor aim for the water line and weak spot such ponder magazine where they have thinner armor so enemy BBs will force to angling against you so they cannot do a proper shot on friendly Cruiser dont forget that enemy will do the same to you so angling-shoot-angling is really importance.

Summary

Here are point that you need to remind ur self every time you play Battleship

•  Positioning is essential in BBs gameplay be in right place at the right time and doing the right thing
  • Always watch the mini map and surrounding and act accordingly
  • Dont get caught in open alone
  • Be patient
  • Always looking for target of opputunity and strike at most unsuspecting victim
  • Strike fear in enemy hearth let them think twice before start a fight with you

BBs can be the most powerful class and can be the powerless class at the same time it always deepens on how you position you self as alone BB is just a practice target but as fleet composition BB is the core of it without BB there wont be a reliable companion for teammate be there and stay strong for the team slow down if you low on HP but never leave your team :P

Here some vids that will be helpful to you.

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
407 posts
15,033 battles

The German BBs and in close brawlers, for the most part. If you're comfortable with that play style, you'll love them. I'm at the Bismarck now and it's a blast in full secondary set up. 10.6km secondaries are lol-tastic.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

For BBs stuff im gonna split it between Low Tier (3-6) / High Tier (7-10) because in my opinion even they are the same but in gameplay they quite difference :P

Introduction

Battleship is the class with the most HP and most armor ship in the game they also equip with largest guns of all class whic can deal large amount of damage but they are not maneuverable as other class (but some of Battleship are as fast as Cruiser) and they so damn big so you not gonna have a smooth ride without taking hits after hit in this class

thanks melon

50 posts
4,751 battles

Both Bayern and Gneisenau are good ship and Bismack is as solid as Tirpitz you wont feel any let down at those ships worth grinding and trying for your self.

Most of player perform below than usual in stock ship so no need to worries about that.

Here my BB guide if you have time to spare, and sorry for my poor english :D:D:D

Introduction

Role

Take this class as Tanker/Damage Dealer with large amount of HP poll and heavy armor BBs are proof to be quite hard to sink and can receive damage for teammate also be able to heal it HP back and their guns can penetrate other ship armor with large amount of damage to the receiving end so not many ship want to contest with BB in 1v1 dual situation because most of the time they wont come out on top, always priority to staying alive over dealing damage position is the most importance for BBs captain if you position your self correctly you can be a key contribute ship who taking damage for the team and dealing large amount of damage but if you doing it wrong you gonna be the one that going down first.

Gameplay Low Tier (3-6)

In this low tier BBs most of them are slow (except Kongo) and inaccurate compare to other class so positioning and reading mini map/situation is really importance.

you need to know which flank is need you to lead the attack or need you to tank and hold the enemy off and because the slow speed you cant switch flank as often as other class in this tier so once you decided you need to commit in that flank for the rest of the round, once you get in position always watch your friendly movement and act accordingly of your team decide to attack you should follow them and be there to take the damage if they not attacking you should hold the line with them if they retreat you should fall back with them since BBs is the biggest ship they always the prime target for focus fire and carrier will easily attack you so dont be alone.

so once you already position ur self correctly and act according to the situation next is gun fight due to the large caliber you dont actually have to fire as much as other class to come out on top, always waiting for the best opportunity to strike patient is essential in this class BB target are Cruiser since they have thin armor and really causing problems over time so you better get rid of them first use AP and aim for Cruiser side armor for the largest damage but you dont actually have to finish it off with BBs low rate of fire enemy ship that already aware that they being target will maneuver and quite hard to hit, switch to unsuspecting ship and strike fear in their hearth repeat the process to the point that enemy line collapsing.

In high tier BBs now they are more modern ship with higher speed and super long range guns which will give you more chance to react to the situation and be more capable to decide the out come of the match.

As same as low tier BBs positioning and reading mini map/situation is really importance but now you have speed to switch flank and able to support your team anywhere if needed in this tier many Cruiser gun range are as good as 15km+ but that doesn't mean you have to sit back and snipe your job is still the same be Tanker be there to receive damage and strike fear to enemy but now you cannot just look at ur flank you need to look, analyst and understand the situation of the whole game because you have to capability to change ur position always watch mini map for air attack dont get caught in open because if high tier Carrier making a attack run on you it can be a matter of  seconds before you go back to port because at this tier Carrier are really powerful so dont under estimate them, not just Carrier many Destroyer at this tier will have long range torpedoes and deal large amount of damage so always watch your surrounding and predict where torpedoes attack gonna come then position your self correctly to minimize the potential damage.

Gun fight kinda same with low tier always aim for unsuspecting ship and deal large amount of damage except you also have to fight off enemy BBs and make them unable to maneuver so our friendly can pick them off with larger gun and better accuracy now it really easy to make a proper aim and penetrate other BBs armor aim for the water line and weak spot such ponder magazine where they have thinner armor so enemy BBs will force to angling against you so they cannot do a proper shot on friendly Cruiser dont forget that enemy will do the same to you so angling-shoot-angling is really importance.

Summary

•  Positioning is essential in BBs gameplay be in right place at the right time and doing the right thing
  • Be patient
  • Always looking for target of opputunity and strike at most unsuspecting victim
  • Strike fear in enemy hearth let them think twice before start a fight with you

BBs can be the most powerful class and can be the powerless class at the same time it always deepens on how you position you self as alone BB is just a practice target but as fleet composition BB is the core of it without BB there wont be a reliable companion for teammate be there and stay strong for the team slow down if you low on HP but never leave your team :P

Introduction

Role

Gameplay Low Tier (3-6)

Summary

• Be patient

Thank you I'll watch all the vids I think I'm gonna have to purchase doubloons for the conversion of exp, last prem ship in line is the murmansk I'm really not fond of the slow reload of IJN cruisers but that 8 sec reload in the budonny with its hard hitting AP is fantastic, I re computed the exp I might only hit bayern fully upgraded I dont wanna stock grind the gneisnau 

50 posts
4,751 battles

The German BBs and in close brawlers, for the most part. If you're comfortable with that play style, you'll love them. I'm at the Bismarck now and it's a blast in full secondary set up. 10.6km secondaries are lol-tastic.

do u think it handles better than an Amagi in terms of firepower? I'm used to the 410mm rifles that nagato can throw which is the same gun for the amagi except its fuso style layout, the armour in the bismarck i quite exceptional than the amagi

139 posts
5,876 battles

I'm currently grinding the Gneisenau, and I find that it's somewhat easier to citadel stuff with it when compared to other BBs (I've finished the Nagato grind a year ago, and Colorado 2 weeks ago) The 380mm guns are lower calibre, but I find them to have more punch when compared to the 406/410mm guns of the other two, probably due to the better shell arc. Not to mention the high speed, maneuvarability, and phenomenal armour makes playing the Gneisenau much more comfortable than the other two.

Given that the Bismarck has the same guns and armor scheme, I would say it'll probably be a more comfortable ship to play than the Amagi's playstyle. The Amagi technically has a higher skill ceiling, but if you want to play for fun and still remain competitive, I believe the Bismarck will be your ship to play, since it has (IMO) fewer weaknesses than the Amagi.

Take note that the Amagi is not a brawler. Its armor is weaker than the Nagato, which is already easy enough to penetrate

But of course, continuing on the IJN line will eventually yield the Yamato :P

50 posts
4,751 battles

I'm currently grinding the Gneisenau, and I find that it's somewhat easier to citadel stuff with it when compared to other BBs (I've finished the Nagato grind a year ago, and Colorado 2 weeks ago) The 380mm guns are lower calibre, but I find them to have more punch when compared to the 406/410mm guns of the other two, probably due to the better shell arc. Not to mention the high speed, maneuvarability, and phenomenal armour makes playing the Gneisenau much more comfortable than the other two.

Given that the Bismarck has the same guns and armor scheme, I would say it'll probably be a more comfortable ship to play than the Amagi's playstyle. The Amagi technically has a higher skill ceiling, but if you want to play for fun and still remain competitive, I believe the Bismarck will be your ship to play, since it has (IMO) fewer weaknesses than the Amagi.

Take note that the Amagi is not a brawler. Its armor is weaker than the Nagato, which is already easy enough to penetrate

But of course, continuing on the IJN line will eventually yield the Yamato :P

I'm now thru bayern fully upgraded I plan to practice in coop first but I've handled Tirpitz before so I'm expecting some similarities played Nagato a bit its sitting @ 130k exp I have 50k spare free exp but I plan to grind gneis & then decide which one eventually either Kurfurst or Yamato the latter which I'm a big fan of

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

my recommendation grind all the way though KM bb line with exp and only free exp hull and FCS in lower tier because they are very crucial. once you reach tier VI you only need to free exp the hull as the stock speed and range of bayern is already good and her accuracy on long range is really poor but she shine in close range battle as her 15 inch shell can rip through same tier and lower tier BB like knife through butter.

50 posts
4,751 battles

my recommendation grind all the way though KM bb line with exp and only free exp hull and FCS in lower tier because they are very crucial. once you reach tier VI you only need to free exp the hull as the stock speed and range of bayern is already good and her accuracy on long range is really poor but she shine in close range battle as her 15 inch shell can rip through same tier and lower tier BB like knife through butter.

I had my worries seeing the discussions with bayerns dispersion I've built it as a secondary beast using my tirpitz captain the 380mm on the bayern feels very tirpitz like I know have 6 games & counting & dealt 10 cits 3 against kongos & fuso 7 against CA's at 12-17km range I think its perfectly fine with me  RNG might not be favorable at times, I'm gonna play more

Really Bouncy Belt Armour I crept up on a 70k hp Amagi & withered her to 12-14k hp using all AP before sinking me(friendly dd took her out after)

I think I'll enjoy this one more than my old Fuso

I've set a goal for me to surpass Fuso stats before moving on to Gneisnau & I'll definitely keep this one in my port

Thank you guys for the feedback! next month dont be surprised if u see me either in a bismarck or Amagi whichever comes first once I reach 1.8k games before I go all in on Tier 8-10

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

I had my worries seeing the discussions with bayerns dispersion I've built it as a secondary beast using my tirpitz captain the 380mm on the bayern feels very tirpitz like I know have 6 games & counting & dealt 10 cits 3 against kongos & fuso 7 against CA's at 12-17km range I think its perfectly fine with me  RNG might not be favorable at times, I'm gonna play more

Really Bouncy Belt Armour I crept up on a 70k hp Amagi & withered her to 12-14k hp using all AP before sinking me(friendly dd took her out after)

I think I'll enjoy this one more than my old Fuso

I've set a goal for me to surpass Fuso stats before moving on to Gneisnau & I'll definitely keep this one in my port

Thank you guys for the feedback! next month dont be surprised if u see me either in a bismarck or Amagi whichever comes first once I reach 1.8k games before I go all in on Tier 8-10

yeah bayern really has bad dispersion if you compare her to konig. but i heard she has better dispersion than her counter part. i tried to fire at 15-16km and my shell hardly hit the target. but when i get close, oh boy she start doing massive damage. so yeah she's more like a brawler than a sniper. and with good belt armor and bigger guns you can CQC better than other battleship at your tier VI while you lol pen lower tier ship.

50 posts
4,751 battles

yeah bayern really has bad dispersion if you compare her to konig. but i heard she has better dispersion than her counter part. i tried to fire at 15-16km and my shell hardly hit the target. but when i get close, oh boy she start doing massive damage. so yeah she's more like a brawler than a sniper. and with good belt armor and bigger guns you can CQC better than other battleship at your tier VI while you lol pen lower tier ship.

Even Average Pens at full damage is quite good for bayern when hitting hi tier ships that Amagi was in for a surprise made her busy while my dd crept up on her opposite side

4 posts

Expect the KM line to be somewhat shitty at the lower tiers but as you get to the Gneis you start to reap the rewards. With the Bismarck you get super Secondaries that fire at insane ranges which is beastly, expect to set fire to anything within 6km, instantly. The Friedrich really shines out of all the T9 BBs in terms of armour, you can easily shrug off the Iowa and Izumo salvos like nothing (close range and slightly to almost no angling at all). Same goes for the T10, however with the size, it really puts it into a shitshow situation (Its bigger than the Yamato and has worse torp protection) it has a turning circle larger than most cities like honestly. But all in all the line has its good and its bad sides. I would recommend speccing your captain and ship upgrades to up your secondaries and to know when you get into a knife fight at the higher tiers, your turtle back armour should help protect you against citadel penetrations, the accuracy is also the worst of the bunch. I rate the line a respectable 8/10 (I prefer the USN line cause of AA reasons) 

50 posts
4,751 battles

Expect the KM line to be somewhat shitty at the lower tiers but as you get to the Gneis you start to reap the rewards. With the Bismarck you get super Secondaries that fire at insane ranges which is beastly, expect to set fire to anything within 6km, instantly. The Friedrich really shines out of all the T9 BBs in terms of armour, you can easily shrug off the Iowa and Izumo salvos like nothing (close range and slightly to almost no angling at all). Same goes for the T10, however with the size, it really puts it into a shitshow situation (Its bigger than the Yamato and has worse torp protection) it has a turning circle larger than most cities like honestly. But all in all the line has its good and its bad sides. I would recommend speccing your captain and ship upgrades to up your secondaries and to know when you get into a knife fight at the higher tiers, your turtle back armour should help protect you against citadel penetrations, the accuracy is also the worst of the bunch. I rate the line a respectable 8/10 (I prefer the USN line cause of AA reasons) 

I specced it for now at secondaries tirpitz is working on AA captain now I get troll snipers =D
Edited by Bittersteel

Sign in to follow this