Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Unraveler

HMAS Perth

24 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,495 battles

First Australian ship in the game, apparently part of a new Commonwealth Navy tree. However, with the data currently available it seems to be another Prinz Eugen - an uninspired clone. Compared to Leander, Perth is exactly the same except for the following:

1,600 fewer hitpoints (Perth: 27,100 ~ Leander: 28,700)

400 m less range on main guns (Perth: 12.8 km ~ Leander: 13.2 km)

0.2 second faster rudder shift time (Perth: 7.6 sec ~ Leander: 7.8 sec)

100 m worse surface detection range (Perth: 10.4 km ~ Leander: 10.3 km)

200 m worse air detection range (Perth: 6.9 km ~ Leander: 6.7 km)

24 points less DPS on 2.0 km AA (Perth: 18 DPS ~ Leander: 42 DPS)

31 points less DPS on 3.5 km AA (Perth: 0 DPS ~ Leander: 31 DPS)

Perth cannot train Royal Navy captains

Except for the last point (bolded for dramatic effect) these differences aren't significant (while Perth's AA is much reduced, Leander's AA is terrible anyway). It's simply a slightly worse Leander (which itself is fairly depressing) that is unable to perform one of the primary functions of a Premium: captain training. Is this ship intended purely for collectors and Australian patriots?

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

First Australian ship in the game, apparently part of a new Commonwealth Navy tree. However, with the data currently available it seems to be another Prinz Eugen - an uninspired clone. Compared to Leander, Perth is exactly the same except for the following:

1,600 fewer hitpoints (Perth: 27,100 ~ Leander: 28,700)

400 m less range on main guns (Perth: 12.8 km ~ Leander: 13.2 km)

0.2 second faster rudder shift time (Perth: 7.6 sec ~ Leander: 7.8 sec)

100 m worse surface detection range (Perth: 10.4 km ~ Leander: 10.3 km)

200 m worse air detection range (Perth: 6.9 km ~ Leander: 6.7 km)

24 points less DPS on 2.0 km AA (Perth: 18 DPS ~ Leander: 42 DPS)

31 points less DPS on 3.5 km AA (Perth: 0 DPS ~ Leander: 31 DPS)

Perth cannot train Royal Navy captains

Except for the last point (bolded for dramatic effect) these differences aren't significant (while Perth's AA is much reduced, Leander's AA is terrible anyway). It's simply a slightly worse Leander (which itself is fairly depressing) that is unable to perform one of the primary functions of a Premium: captain training. Is this ship intended purely for collectors and Australian patriots?

Lately im start to losing faith in WG for selling simply re-skin ship :D:D:D

But i do understand that there not so many ships model compare to tank so they need to keep some model for actual Tech tree while only fews can make it to Premium, so the rest is purely have to be just re-skin.

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
410 posts
15,039 battles

There's some scuttlebutt on Reddit today that the RN CLs are being dramatically reworked, specifically in relation to removing the smoke consumable and improving AP shell penetration, among other things. Could be complete bullshit, but the source seems legit.

If the Perth still came with smoke, it would at least have something unique about it.

Who knows? Best to assume bullshit until we hear something official I suppose.

[_BST_]
[_BST_]
250 posts
12,930 battles

WG could do 'a Gneisenau' with these modified Australian two funnel Leanders to make them more Premiumish :

"During design, it was planned to modify the forward-most and aft-most 6-inch turrets to be fitted with three guns instead of two, but the plan was cancelled when it was determined that the required alterations would cause several negative side effects, including reducing the ship's top speed and causing problems with effective fire control."

This would make them ten gun cruisers 2x2 & 2x3.

Wiki says they had extended side armour too.

Edited by Razide

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

nope, not gonna buy a clone ship. if i can train RN captain with her i might buy her but she has no use aside from earning some credits.

looks like WG has ran out of ideas.

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,495 battles

There's some scuttlebutt on Reddit today that the RN CLs are being dramatically reworked, specifically in relation to removing the smoke consumable and improving AP shell penetration, among other things. Could be complete bullshit, but the source seems legit.

If the Perth still came with smoke, it would at least have something unique about it.

Who knows? Best to assume bullshit until we hear something official I suppose.

Could be true - the UK ships have now been removed from the Wiki!

Beta Tester
486 posts
7,936 battles

First Australian ship in the game, apparently part of a new Commonwealth Navy tree. However, with the data currently available it seems to be another Prinz Eugen - an uninspired clone. Compared to Leander, Perth is exactly the same except......

Because Leander is in reality a New Zealand  ship...so of course  it's better LOL

Edited by Kapitan_Zur_See_Hoffmann

1,107 posts
7,849 battles

Lately im start to losing faith in WG for selling simply re-skin ship :D:D:D

But i do understand that there not so many ships model compare to tank so they need to keep some model for actual Tech tree while only fews can make it to Premium, so the rest is purely have to be just re-skin.

But unlike tanks, there is no identical ship

ofc its diffrent in WoW for reasons hehehe

435 posts
6,169 battles

This would make them ten gun cruisers 2x2 & 2x3.

Very few premium ships have an advantage and if they do it’s a consumable. This upgrade would generate a lot of sales, if only WG would listen to Razide a little bit.

Edited by Yul_Brynner

33 posts
7,648 battles

Why would the Perth's guns have a shorter range than Leander's? The main guns on both ships were 6 inch MkXXIII. Range was 25 480 yards (23 300 m)

The side armour of Perth was 4 inches (3 inch NC+1 inch D steel). The side armour of Leander was 3 inches. Magazine box protection was 3.5 inch NC sides and 2 inch NC crowns. The Perth had unit machinery (boilers+engines+boilers+engines) designed for better survivability. Lastly RAN and RN captains were interchangeable between the RN and RAN.

48 posts

I'd love to get her BUT, if she's going to be less than the standard hull what's the point!!! 

Premium means exactly that, otherwise you're paying for business class but flying in the cargo holds! 

Totally daft but what would I know I'm just the customer. 

Hopefully WG is listening. 

Edited by Liddell_Hart

Beta Tester
486 posts
7,936 battles

Why would the Perth's guns have a shorter range than Leander's? The main guns on both ships were 6 inch MkXXIII. Range was 25 480 yards (23 300 m)

The side armour of Perth was 4 inches (3 inch NC+1 inch D steel). The side armour of Leander was 3 inches. Magazine box protection was 3.5 inch NC sides and 2 inch NC crowns. The Perth had unit machinery (boilers+engines+boilers+engines) designed for better survivability. Lastly RAN and RN captains were interchangeable between the RN and RAN.

I guess the same way that the Hipper and Prinz are slightly different.  Same ship but tech tree ship is better 

As I  said Leander would be better than the Australian Perth because its a.....................New Zealand ship lol

1,065 posts
2,628 battles

The range on the Leander/Perth does feel pretty worrying as that would make them have less range fully upgraded than the stock configuration of its competitors at tier 6.

The original stats that were posted to the wiki showed a 2.2km gap between the Leander and the next tier up. Couple that with the skewed MM for tiers 5/6 (-1/+2) and it did look a bit worrying.

Thankfully stats are still open to change so hopefully they'll do something to make these at least competitive (or at least I hope so). :unsure:

Sign in to follow this