Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Trojan63

Finding it hard to citadel BB's in Kaiser

18 comments in this topic

753 posts
8,965 battles

So I'm starting to grind the German BB line a little and I'm finding it impossible to citadel any BB's in the Kaiser, cruisers I can get although they even seem hard at times compared to the Wyoming.

The dispersion seems terrible and I was just wondering if anyone has had the same trouble or any tips?

420 posts
20 battles

Yes, you couldn't cit another BB at tier 5 and up using Kaiser.

Dispersion is not that terrible, Bayern is worse.

You should try to mix the usage between HE and AP. It is quite a good fire ship. I won against another German BB using HE (Fire).

If you want to kill BB using HE, always aim for its superstructure. Not only it is easier to catch fire, but also net good damage.

Don't worry, if you're using German BB, firing HE, while your enemy using AP, and you're fighting by showing your bow or stern, you're more likely to win in attrition war.

Her AP is workable, but if you want to cit, only cruisers, and tier 4 or lower BB.

Against same or higher tier BB, you should try to damage your opponent bow or stern part, but dont try to do it against another German BB head-on.

Her bow armor is monstrous, so she should take little damage from head-on overmatch, even against tier 7 BB.

And, good thing is her AP have less overpens against cruisers.

Her secondaries are good, it is German ships trademark. Even AP secondary shell could kill DD effectively. And sometimes, they could kill BB as well.

You could fire with 10 guns broadside using Kaiser, although you must in complete cross-T position.

Edited by Zwelivelle

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

i remember scoring citadel on on it before like south carolina, myougi and other softer bb. its hard but if RNG allow it, this bb can still citadel other bb.

783 posts
4,824 battles

You won't get citadel'd yourself so I feel it's a fair trade. :hiding:

On a more serious note, 305mm on the Germans have good arcs but I personally feel that they have lesser penetration values than the IJN/USN shells. Guess that's the balancing factor for their overall better armor.

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

Its hard to citadel BBs with the low tier German BB at least.They seem to get lots of medium damage hits,I just use their higher rate of fire to pummel the enemy to death!

Oh,and if you haven't already,close in.The German BB are built for very close range work.They seem to stand up to a lot of punishment close in,and you just keep wiggling to try to keep some angles while shooting at whatever is in front of the guns.

563 posts
4,686 battles

Thank you all for your input and advice.

Just wondering now if the Konig is any better than the Kaiser in regards to dispersion and citadel ability?

Konig has the best accuracy in t5 with 2.0 sigma. But your penetration is lacking.. Badly. it's not easy to play her when she's uptiered.. So stick to bigger bb and focus on cruiser first

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

Just do normal penetration damage. WIth konig and kaiser's good accuracy, you can do consistent damage rather than relying on citadel luck with that they are the best battleships at low tiers.

And with all the turrets on the centreline you get all guns to bare on target with the Konig to.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

So I'm starting to grind the German BB line a little and I'm finding it impossible to citadel any BB's in the Kaiser, cruisers I can get although they even seem hard at times compared to the Wyoming.

The dispersion seems terrible and I was just wondering if anyone has had the same trouble or any tips?

Konig has same guns!!! :trollface:

DEAL WITH IT!!!! :teethhappy:

37 posts
9,878 battles

Only time I've been able to cit a kaiser or nassau has been from close range.

Most fun with those guns is at close range anyways, it's tier 4 the ship costs nothing to repair ya may as well get in close and get all your damage done in a few salvo's.  Kawachi's get wrecked by those ships.  Poor Kawachi.

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

Yes, you couldn't cit another BB at tier 5 and up using Kaiser.

Dispersion is not that terrible, Bayern is worse.

You should try to mix the usage between HE and AP. It is quite a good fire ship. I won against another German BB using HE (Fire).

If you want to kill BB using HE, always aim for its superstructure. Not only it is easier to catch fire, but also net good damage.

Don't worry, if you're using German BB, firing HE, while your enemy using AP, and you're fighting by showing your bow or stern, you're more likely to win in attrition war.

Her AP is workable, but if you want to cit, only cruisers, and tier 4 or lower BB.

Against same or higher tier BB, you should try to damage your opponent bow or stern part, but dont try to do it against another German BB head-on.

Her bow armor is monstrous, so she should take little damage from head-on overmatch, even against tier 7 BB.

And, good thing is her AP have less overpens against cruisers.

Her secondaries are good, it is German ships trademark. Even AP secondary shell could kill DD effectively. And sometimes, they could kill BB as well.

You could fire with 10 guns broadside using Kaiser, although you must in complete cross-T position.

Fire chance is not based on what part of the ship you hit.

when your HE contacts any one of the 4 sections of the ship, RNG runs a roll and decides if a fire is set.

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

Finally got around to figuring out how to post images on the forum,this is what you can do in the Kaiser once you get used to it.Although this was also helped due to myself and a CV being the only 2 ships left on the team,and the enemy deciding they wanted to sink the CV 'behind' me.

I just went into protect the CV mode and hammered them.This was a long to mid range battle,no secondary hits on the enemy,and the 2 citadels I believe were against a Kuma who wasn't impressed at all ( if he had of been firing at me I would have ignored him,but he chose to pick on the CV!)

7YFimu7.jpg

Sign in to follow this