Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
RisaFujiyama

Enter The Gunboat of The East! The Autumn Moon!

63 comments in this topic

1,162 posts

So the best HP, ROF, ok concealment and fire chance but it can pump more shells, bit meh maneuverability and torps.

Can I say this is T8 game changer DDs? On paper it feels it can fight.

Ohh also it can stealth fire around 10km and above, out of the box without AFT! Damnnnn....

PS: Bit excited posting this, so pardon me. :teethhappy:

Edited by RisaFujiyama

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

We haven't seen how it performs but in general its looks like Khabarovsk lite. I'm not so sure how its smol 100mm guns would be adequate enough to do damage because the HE can only pen 16mm of armor. Against other DDs it will roflstomp them, but against bigger ships with armor its going to struggle because you have to hit the superstructure to do damage.

Nevertheless it's going to be a fun boat for sure :D

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Could only pen 16mm armor.... 0 dmg even to BB superstructure.

DD ap still hurt on BB superstructure. but if you wanted fires stick to HE first then just switch to ap once you set fire or two.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

wow she can invisifire without AFT time to put on demo on this and make the BB rustle their jimmies. :trollface:

yep, with her very low HE and AP shell damage Demolition is the way to go, she will have hard time securing damage without demolition expert on her.

but seriously, She suppose to be an AA dd so WG should put AA barrage on her.

Edited by yansuki

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

lel where did you read it?

The Akizuki-class were closer in displacement to Yuubari (Akizuki at 3700t and Yuubari at 4100t, full load) than the next heaviest destroyer (Shimakaze at 3300t, full load) as well as the similar design of their funnels.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Characters/KantaiCollectionOne

don't hit me

Edited by Harpoon01

1,162 posts

We haven't seen how it performs but in general its looks like Khabarovsk lite. I'm not so sure how its smol 100mm guns would be adequate enough to do damage because the HE can only pen 16mm of armor. Against other DDs it will roflstomp them, but against bigger ships with armor its going to struggle because you have to hit the superstructure to do damage.

Smol guns but big heart, she will find a way later. :playing:

Maybe she will be first IJN DD with defensive AA 

huehuehue

but seriously, She suppose to be an AA dd so WG should put AA barrage on her.

Manual AA + AA barrage consumables anyone?:trollface:

33 knot

Even my Atago move faster :D

Even a Kuma can keep her in-check

1,162 posts

wow she can invisifire without AFT time to put on demo on this and make the BB rustle their jimmies. :trollface:

yep, with her very low HE and AP shell damage Demolition is the way to go, she will have hard time securing damage without demolition expert on her.

Dont you like BB panicking even though it dont do damage to their ship, it will hilarious m8 :trollface::teethhappy:

More fodder for BB secondaries.

Yes please.

Why cant I enjoy my own little world for a while, you meanie... :(

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Smol guns but big heart, she will find a way later. :playing:

Manual AA + AA barrage consumables anyone?:trollface:

Even a Kuma can keep her in-check

yeah i was thinking of giving her Manual AA too but i already feel sorry for the current cv players:trollface:, so i will just focus on bullying battleship players with her.

Dont you like BB panicking even though it dont do damage to their ship, it will hilarious m8 :trollface::teethhappy:

yeah most bb players don't pay attention to the damage the shell do on them, they just panic when someone is shooting them with HE. didn't they know its just bait for them to expose broadside to incoming torpedoes. :D

this ship is going to be fun, she might not be stronk as other RU gunship but on her tier she can get match up to lower tier like VI and VII, and lower tier has less fire resistant than higher tier so means more fires. :trollface:

783 posts
4,809 battles

DD ap still hurt on BB superstructure. but if you wanted fires stick to HE first then just switch to ap once you set fire or two.

Akizuki's 100mm is supposed to be buffed to be able to penetrate up to 19mm. Instead of the usual "caliber/6 (in mm)" of penetration, she has "caliber/5.xx (in mm)" of penetration in order for her not to be useless against T9/10s which have a standard of 19mm superstructures.

(of course, "supposedly" in the leaks)

Edited by SZYZWY

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Akizuki's 100mm is supposed to be buffed to be able to penetrate up to 19mm. Instead of the usual "caliber/6 (in mm)" of penetration, she has "caliber/5.xx (in mm)" of penetration in order for her not to be useless against T9/10s which have a standard of 19mm superstructures.

(of course, "supposedly" in the leaks)

You seem really well inform :trollface:

Lets see the end result of Akizuki Soon™

783 posts
4,809 battles

You seem really well inform :trollface:

Lets see the end result of Akizuki Soon™

I lurk NA/EU forums quite a lot.

(and it is a property of the Akizuki I was really curious about, so looking into it was a given :P)

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

I lurk NA/EU forums quite a lot.

(and it is a property of the Akizuki I was really curious about, so looking into it was a given :P)

Same here :D:D:D

Really looking forward for new DDs to play with, and hoping that WG gonna buff Shimakaze guns :popcorn:

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,283 posts

Why cant I enjoy my own little world for a while, you meanie... :(

Sorry Risa.

Just saying :teethhappy:

1,162 posts

yeah i was thinking of giving her Manual AA too but i already feel sorry for the current cv players:trollface:, so i will just focus on bullying battleship players with her.

yeah most bb players don't pay attention to the damage the shell do on them, they just panic when someone is shooting them with HE. didn't they know its just bait for them to expose broadside to incoming torpedoes. :D

this ship is going to be fun, she might not be stronk as other RU gunship but on her tier she can get match up to lower tier like VI and VII, and lower tier has less fire resistant than higher tier so means more fires. :trollface:

Felt sorry? That just a fluke right. :hiding:

IJN BBQ party as usual huh. Smol guns big fire.:trollface:

Sorry Risa.

Just saying :teethhappy:

Ok your sorry is accepted. :P

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Felt sorry? That just a fluke right. :hiding:

IJN BBQ party as usual huh. Smol guns big fire.:trollface:

give them a break, CV population still not recovering after those multiple nerf and AA buff. i like CV to recover Pop so my new orleans and USN battleship AA has something to shoot. :trollface:

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,858 battles

I'm sure the turret rotation rate will suck. Will wait to see

it is a high angle DP Gun that specialize in anti-air and said to be rivaling the USN DP guns in AA performance. If they have bad turret rotation it won't make sense in both historical accuracy and game balance because she should only have a single torpedo tube

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Akizuki class was armed with the best AAA gun that japan ever built

here is the characteristic

Gun Characteristic

Designation 10 cm/65 (3.9") Type 98 (Model 1938)
Ship Class Used On Akitsuki, Oyodo, Taiho, Shinano and B-64 classes
Date Of Design 1938
Date In Service 1942
Gun Weight 6,731 lbs. (3,053 kg)
Gun Length oa 265.0 in (6.730 m)
Bore Length 255.9 in (6.500 m)
Rifling Length 221.7 in (5.631 m)
Grooves (32) 0.49 in deep x 0.219 in (1.25 mm x 5.565 mm)
Lands 0.167 in (4.252 mm)
Twist Uniform RH 1 in 28
Chamber Volume 641 in3 (10.5 dm3)
Rate Of Fire 
(see Note)
15 - 21 rounds per minute

NOTE: 

Akizuki (or Akitsuki) crewmen reported that 19 rounds per minute was very difficult to acheive and that 15 was more typical.

Amunition

Type Fixed
Weight of Complete Round HE - 61.7 lbs. (28 kg)
Projectile Types and Weights HE - 28.67 lbs. (13 kg)
Bursting Charge 2.1 lbs. (0.95 kg)
Projectile Length 16.1 in (41 cm) 
Complete Round: 44 in (111.8 cm)
Propellant Charge 13.2 lbs. (6 kg) 30 DC (?) 
Cartridge - 33 lbs. (15 kg)
Muzzle Velocity 3,281 fps (1,000 mps)
Working Pressure 19.4 tons/in2 (3,050 kg/cm2)
Approximate Barrel Life 350 - 400 rounds
Ammunition stowage per gun about 400 rounds on larger ships 
Oyodo: 200 rounds 
Akitsuki: N/A

It is interesting to note that, unlike most other naval guns, the Japanese apparently never developed incendiary shrapnel, ASW or even illumination rounds for this weapon, implying that it was solely intended for use as an AA gun. Practice shells were provided.

Mount or Turret

Designation Twin Mounts 
   Akitsuki (4): Model A 
   Oyodo (4): Model A1 
   Taiho (6): Model A2 
   Shinano (8) and B-64 (8): Model A3
Weight 76,060 lbs. (34,500 kg)
Elevation -10 / +90 degrees
Elevation Rate 16 degrees per second
Train Oyodo, Taiho and B-64: About +/-70 degrees

Akitsuki: -150 / +150 degrees

Train Rate 11 - 16 degrees per second