Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Unraveler

British Cruiser Stats are up

17 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,460 battles

There's also the option for Radar on the higher tiers. I'm thinking a stealth-build Minotaur would be rather... monstrous (PUN INTENDED) with Radar instead of Smoke.

353 posts
5,012 battles

techinically the fiji should be the crown colony class and edinburgh the town class, also the town class preceded the crown colonies

Edited by cplbao

[1NATN]
287 posts
5,237 battles

techinically the fiji should be the crown colony class and edinburgh the town class, also the town class preceded the crown colonies

The tiers are organised according to in game power, not date of design/manufacture. I would guess they are using the sub-class names because not only are the ships in game specifically of that sub class (generally the most powerful of the sub classes), but the class names are sometimes shared, making things very confusing eg. Weymouth at T2 is a Town class, Campbeltown at T3 is a Town class, and Edinburgh at T8 is a Town class. 

Edited by Webba84

Alpha Tester
5 posts
4,268 battles

Tier X ROF 15 shot per min 5x2

range 15.8 Km with out GFCS mod2

11% fire rate

4.74s 180 degree turn time

very good AA  her maingun is DP too

and have torp 4x4

concealment 11.5 Km

welcome another invifire 

GG tier X room

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,460 battles

Des moines vs Minotaur

Their AP damage per minute is pretty similar but Minotaur's HE is about 30% better in both raw damage and fire-starting (per minute). Des Moines itself is much better protected, though, and probably will have far better shell arcs, while Minotaur is very stealthy even without her Smoke Screen. And she'll definitely need that stealth as she must expose her very large and vulnerable citadel in order to get more than two turrets on target. Overall, I reckon Des Moines will be the very last ship you'll want to run into when sailing Minotaur.

Looking forward to testing her out. 

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,460 battles

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2016/09/13/wows-qa-13th-september-2016/

Losing smoke, gaining Speed Boost, Improved Repair, better penetration, and flatter trajectories.

The idea of smoke everywhere and relentless invisi-shooting does sound pretty bad, so this change is probably for the best (if it happens). Speed Boost seems pretty worthless for these Cruisers, adding only 2.5 knots, although they may get a more powerful version than Destroyers have.

Improved Repair is the most interesting idea, I reckon. Warspite already has this feature and it might work well as a national trait for the Royal Navy ships. The Royal Navy Light Cruisers are weakly armoured and will certainly be taking more damage than their peers (which is probably why they got given Smoke in the first place) and a solid regen ability is a cool way to bring their survivability up to parity without the annoying invisibility issues. It would also enable them to play a bit more aggressively - I'm thinking close range AP spankings and torpedo runs - rather than constantly trying to hide in smoke or behind islands. Knowing that you're able to take a few hits, provided you can then disengage to repair, puts these ships in a much better tactical mindset than the Smoke would have.

Combine both Speed Boost and Improved Repair and they start to sound like quite a lot of fun.

Edited by Unraveler

Sign in to follow this