Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BIGCOREMKP0I

Chaos is gonna happen on CVs next patch! (0.5.12)

8 comments in this topic

1,810 posts
8,018 battles

Looks like the NA Server Rant more than SEA

i wonder how these will affect the CVs?

Also 

repairs reduced to something on tiers IV-X

Still when Fighters can attack ships?

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

"lack ov CVs on high tiers (which is actually bad for the game - as it also means lack of recon and less value for AA ships)." -Sub_Octavian.

Finally those slowpokes at WG catching up with reality on what we foresaw in beta.

1,810 posts
8,018 battles

"lack of CVs on high tiers (which is actually bad for the game - as it also means lack of recon and less value for AA ships)." -Sub_Octavian.

IJN CVs got the upper hand on those spotting

Except for USN, They're useless when it comes to reconnaissance 

43 posts
4,258 battles

I started off on the wrong foot elsewhere in the forums, but have watched alot of streamers recently, NA (Notser), EU (Flamu and Aeroon) and I even heard Eurobeat talking about it.

They say they dunno what the hell WG are doing with CVs.... they state their intention and then do the opposite.

WG insist WoWs is about naval strategy and teamplay but the current reward system offers absolutely nothing for teamplay... only kills and caps.

IMO, adding scouting XP is going to cause more problems than it solves. Look how many passive players there are already, what is stopping them from hopping into a CV, loading superiority and just following DDs around till all their planes die.

Encourages souting yes, but is that actually going to be helpful to the team when the fighters are AFK over a DD smoke when torp bombers causing havoc everywhere else?

This also opens up a new path for credit farming but that is another issue...

I guess it depends on how they implement it (some planes get different rates of XP/ US get more than IJN since their thing seems to be fighter focused/etc)

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

I started off on the wrong foot elsewhere in the forums, but have watched alot of streamers recently, NA (Notser), EU (Flamu and Aeroon) and I even heard Eurobeat talking about it.

They say they dunno what the hell WG are doing with CVs.... they state their intention and then do the opposite.

WG insist WoWs is about naval strategy and teamplay but the current reward system offers absolutely nothing for teamplay... only kills and caps.

IMO, adding scouting XP is going to cause more problems than it solves. Look how many passive players there are already, what is stopping them from hopping into a CV, loading superiority and just following DDs around till all their planes die.

Encourages souting yes, but is that actually going to be helpful to the team when the fighters are AFK over a DD smoke when torp bombers causing havoc everywhere else?

This also opens up a new path for credit farming but that is another issue...

I guess it depends on how they implement it (some planes get different rates of XP/ US get more than IJN since their thing seems to be fighter focused/etc)

True, that's why nothing is set in stone yet. They also wanted to add tanking bonus to encourage the coward BB players specially in high tiers. Let's see what they do and how they'll implement it.

IJN CVs got the upper hand on those spotting

Except for USN, They're useless when it comes to reconnaissance 

While IJN got more scout yes, USN, for all of its disadvantages, is not useless in recon. You can use your dive bombers as tanky scouts, drop their bombs first so they fly past. This was a technique I and other CV players do before in tier 10 games where we use dive bombers to stalk an enemy CV continuously, scouting them for our long range Yamatos and Montanas making the enemy CV scramble his fighters away from frontlines to find the dive bomber while my torps kill his team.(oh the good ol' days)
Edited by Deicide

Sign in to follow this