You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ahwai82

i still don't like mogami

29 comments in this topic

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,558 battles

you know i rant about it's range not too long ago.....

well didn't play at all until just now and still i hate it, yea i can bully myoko or the same mogami but still the range sucks

not only that i was spamming bayern 14km away and i see his guns turn to aim at me i turn my butt face him and boom 12K damage just 1 shell..even a bayern with poor dispersion can get lucky with its better range 

it's fragile so can't get close, the range is not far enough...i don't know how am i gonna grind thru this ship

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,558 battles

Well historically speaking all T8 cruisers (except New Orleans and Kutuzov) need a range buff, oh wait, here we go again...

chapayev is fine as it is

but i must rant because i can't play it well, i will rant until i get what i want :teethhappy:

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Get the concealment upgrade and paint:

Poof, 10.5km detection range. CE? 9.4km-ish.

Now choose your fights.

this. i believe if you she can also invisifire with 155" on her stock hull. you have worst HE and ruddershift but you can infisivire.

117 posts
1,365 battles

[content removed] is Hilarious.... Ooops Stein .....The [content removed] ?

Insults. Post edited, user warned.

~amade

Edited by amade

Super Tester
7,522 posts
7,978 battles

this. i believe if you she can also invisifire with 155" on her stock hull. you have worst HE and ruddershift but you can infisivire.

*video snipped*

Invisifire is not very effective without the cover of a mountain or smoke. Because you will eventually get spotted by DDs.

I don't like 155 mogami in the enemy, they are like tier 8 atlanta which can actually hit something.

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,558 battles

concealment is nice and can invisifire unless stated above by icy

i'm probably too crap to play this ship well, any ship got it's pro and cons but can get away with it but not mogami for me

Super Tester
7,522 posts
7,978 battles

concealment is nice and can invisifire unless stated above by icy

i'm probably too crap to play this ship well, any ship got it's pro and cons but can get away with it but not mogami for me

I am terribad with IJN CAs. They are very hard to play. Great AP/HE alpha for CA sure, but lacks in every other department. Turret turns slow, low RoF, rudder breaks too much, non existent AA, bad torpedo arc, shorter range. Concealment is nice, but sometimes that backfires too, you go up too close and get focused fire and killed quickly.

But if the increase any of these properties, they will probably be too OP. Like the Atago.

266 posts
5,135 battles

Well, tbh if you really don't like the Mogami, there's no harm free XP'ing it. Ibuki and Zao plays quite differently from the Mogami anyway.

If I absolutely have to grind a ship I don't like, I just slap Equal Speed Charlie London flag on it. Then play that ship only once or twice a day, just for that daily win bonus. That way I can minimize the number of battles I need to unlock the next ship.

If all else fails, just go Co-op and slaughter the bots. :3

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Mogami was alright when you had the range upgrade with the 155mm gun.... But now it has become a chore to play it, that's why I sold it when AFT was nerfed. The range is its biggest flaw because it's too fragile. Chappey is so much better because Russian :teethhappy:

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

This ship is not that good compare to Atago

Very mediocore

It was a fine Cruiser at tier8, until those VMF/KM show up with their massive range and firepower.

The ship is workable, just that other ships which showed up later are better.

Power creep has never changed, we see it in WoT. Ofcourse it's not surprising to also find it present here in WoWS.

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,558 battles

I am terribad with IJN CAs. They are very hard to play. Great AP/HE alpha for CA sure, but lacks in every other department. Turret turns slow, low RoF, rudder breaks too much, non existent AA, bad torpedo arc, shorter range. Concealment is nice, but sometimes that backfires too, you go up too close and get focused fire and killed quickly.

But if the increase any of these properties, they will probably be too OP. Like the Atago.

i'm even terribad with IJN BB, still stuck at nagato for like a long time and i think i will reach yamato in year 2025 lol this IJN line is not very enjoyable and fun for me

Well, tbh if you really don't like the Mogami, there's no harm free XP'ing it. Ibuki and Zao plays quite differently from the Mogami anyway.

If I absolutely have to grind a ship I don't like, I just slap Equal Speed Charlie London flag on it. Then play that ship only once or twice a day, just for that daily win bonus. That way I can minimize the number of battles I need to unlock the next ship.

If all else fails, just go Co-op and slaughter the bots. :3

i ain't gonna free xp it.........i probably just quit playing this ship for now lol

Mogami was alright when you had the range upgrade with the 155mm gun.... But now it has become a chore to play it, that's why I sold it when AFT was nerfed. The range is its biggest flaw because it's too fragile. Chappey is so much better because Russian :teethhappy:

with chappey i just park and spam lol

this whole russian line is actually quite easy to play although can be quite boring as you dont get close to anyone..forget about zao moskva here i come :teethhappy:

It was a fine Cruiser at tier8, until those VMF/KM show up with their massive range and firepower.

The ship is workable, just that other ships which showed up later are better.

Power creep has never changed, we see it in WoT. Ofcourse it's not surprising to also find it present here in WoWS.

I'm thinking ii'm probably too stupid to play mogami well at its state now

i'll just grind russian now since it's so op lol

Any BB except Scharnhorst will pen you from the front... BB are supposed to do that

yes it does

thing is it's fragile, lack of range and poor aa only concealment is good thats all

many cons vs pros and its a bad thing

420 posts
20 battles

you know i rant about it's range not too long ago.....

well didn't play at all until just now and still i hate it, yea i can bully myoko or the same mogami but still the range sucks

not only that i was spamming bayern 14km away and i see his guns turn to aim at me i turn my butt face him and boom 12K damage just 1 shell..even a bayern with poor dispersion can get lucky with its better range 

it's fragile so can't get close, the range is not far enough...i don't know how am i gonna grind thru this ship

Mogami is better armored than New Orleans, and Buddyony.

Your enemy is BB, you're CA. While BB supposedly to defeat CA, you rant because you got a hit from BB.

It is not like turning will guarantee 100% miss either. In fact turning will slow your ship and make much easier to lead.

Go back and try Myoko, with 112mm armor, against Bayern  :)

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,558 battles

taking big damage from bb is normal, its a cruiser anyway

but the range is poor so have to get close and get close either come out alive or send back to port

even today i played chappey i got 17KM range felt short when everyone decide to stay even further away to snipe, worst still if in a mogami

anyway when eurobeat gonna make a how to video for mogami :D