You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Wastrel

How to Premium a fav ship?

14 comments in this topic

8 posts

I love playing my Cleveland and from what I have found if you have all the mods on a ship, when you buy/research  the next tier up the previous ship ( Cleveland) becomes premium..IE I research/buy the Pensacola and the Cleveland becomes premium? ( provided all upgrades are researched? Is this correct?

(PS Is there a link on swapping captains around and the do's do nots?}

PPS ( instead of new post) how should I allocate these 4 capt points on my dd?

TIA

shot-16.09.10_18.04.35-0254.jpg

shot-16.09.10_18.04.35-0254.jpg

shot-16.09.10_18.12.19-0374.jpg

Edited by Wastrel

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,836 posts
4,138 battles

You ship becomes "elited" not premium.

Premium ships are bought through the tech three with dubloons or through the premium shop.

Once your ship is elited your XP can be converted to free XP for dubloons.  You can put your Cleveland captain n the pepsicola but if you want him to not suffer a crew rest penalty you either have to pay credits for a partial  or dubloons for a full skill reset.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

nein cleveland became an Elite ship, which allows you to convert their exp accumulated into "free exp" using doubloon but not a premium ship.

premium ship has special feature like:

gives extra exp

gives extra credits

allows you to transfer captain in the same nation without retraining

comes with unique camouflage

if you wanted a real premium ship you can try to reach rank 1 for two (or was it three) season to get flitn

or you can buy premium ship in premium shop.

Edited by yansuki

8 posts

You ship becomes "elited" not premium.

Premium ships are bought through the tech three with dubloons or through the premium shop.

Once your ship is elited your XP can be converted to free XP for dubloons.  You can put your Cleveland captain n the pepsicola but if you want him to not suffer a crew rest penalty you either have to pay credits for a partial  or dubloons for a full skill reset.

Ah yes I meant elited and not premium..so Cleveland will become "elited" when I buy/unlock Pensecolca?

8 posts

nein cleveland became an Elite ship, which allows you to convert their exp accumulated into "free exp" using doubloon but not a premium ship.

gives extra exp

gives extra credits

if you wanted a real premium ship you can try to reach rank 1 for two (or was it three) season to get flitn

Thanks for reply..I mean elite..so Cleveland will become elite when I get Pesicola..only if Cleveland is fully upgraded/researched right?

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Thanks for reply..I mean elite..so Cleveland will become elite when I get Pesicola..only if Cleveland is fully upgraded/researched right?

you will get clevland to elite after you research all module and the ship next to her. you don't need to buy Pensacola, just researching is enough to turn the ship into elite.

8 posts

gives extra exp

gives extra credits

simply unlock all module along with the next tier ship, you don't even need to purchase them 

Thanks guys great idea just unlocking and not buying.

Also..how would you spend these 4 UN-allocated points or wait for 1 more and get 'fire starter'. I am fatalst about last stand as you ae still slow in water and easy to shoot if I recall properly'

shot-16.09.10_18.12.19-0374.jpg

350 posts

Thanks guys great idea just unlocking and not buying.

Also..how would you spend these 4 UN-allocated points or wait for 1 more and get 'fire starter'. I am fatalst about last stand as you ae still slow in water and easy to shoot if I recall properly'

I suggest that you go for the tenth point so you could get the "Fire Starter" captain skill. It'll be fun against battleships. 

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,836 posts
4,138 battles

I would be using Manual fire control for AA for the cleveland.  That's one of its stronger points.  Use the 4th point for basics of survivability.

Stuff burns readily enough with the Cleveland.

Edited by RalphTheTheatreCat

683 posts
7,358 battles

Depends on the role you want your Cleveland to play, you can take fire starter if you like to engage battleships when opportunity arise, advanced firing training or manual secondary if you want her to be a plane killer. Nevertheless you need the 10th point :)

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

I would be using Manual fire control for AA for the cleveland.  That's one of its stronger points.  Use the 4th point for basics of survivability.

Stuff burns readily enough with the Cleveland.

There can never be enough fire.

AA though, CV population is still dying down, and now with USN Fighter buff added the point of having AA Cruiser around is rather moot.

8 posts

Depends on the role you want your Cleveland to play, you can take fire starter if you like to engage battleships when opportunity arise, advanced firing training or manual secondary if you want her to be a plane killer. Nevertheless you need the 10th point :)

"Dying down" as in ppl don't want to play carrier anymore?