You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Teostra

Bayern

20 comments in this topic

295 posts
6,592 battles

what is wrong with this ship?? the dispersion is so bad the guns feels like shotgun, i know this ship is supposed to be a brawler ship and you have to get close to the enemy to reliably hit them, but even at range of 12 km the dispersion is still bad, and the fact that tier 6 frequently get to tier 8 matches where everyone start playing passive is not helping at all, i wish i could just skip this ship to get bismarck, i don't know if gneisenau suffer from the same problem like bayern tho 

120 posts
22,804 battles

You're not alone my friend... -_-'  . And to be fair whats worse is its amazing survivability... it stays alive longer to frustrate me far far more. -_-' 

563 posts
4,686 battles

Get in close with this ship, I'm ok with the dispersion at below 15km, use its amazing survivability and concealment to your advantage, you can sneak up and surprise cruiser, and drops to concealment when things getting to hot. The guns have amazing penetration up close and having the ability to lolpen other t6-t7 bb is always a plus. AA is on par with NM but focused on long range, speed and maneuverability is solid. Nothing wrong with this ship for me

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,558 battles

Im grinding this ship too, well it's not that bad at least to me because i usually brawl with it 

have few successful encounter, wreck a full health nagato with 4 citadel on him and in few match did over 100K of damage just by going full balls in

this ship you either go in or nothing

415 posts
10,918 battles

The only time I met Eurobeat in battle, he was driving a Bayern. He said it was good

I saw Eurobeat in a Molotov last night .... he was the first enemy to show himself so I citadeled him with my Gneisenau 

295 posts
6,592 battles

the ship is perform great in tier 6 match but in tier 8 not so much, everyone is sniping and you only have 15 km which even at 15 km your shot went all over the place but your target, new mexico and fuso can still compete in tier 8 but not bayern, i would be so happy if WG bring back old MM mechanic or buff the dispersion a lilttle bit so playing in high tier is not painfull

Edited by Teostra

173 posts
5,332 battles

And I thought I was the only one suffering from this ship. Just take a look at my win-rate on this ship vs the Konig. Many times straddled the target as big as a BB 10kms away. I hope Gneisenau will not be worse. Looks like a long rough tough road to the Bismarck.

1,068 posts
3,845 battles

Brawling from what I have found in the Bayern means 'literally' close enough to punch the enemy ships! The closer you get,the better the Bayern works.You need to be well within your own secondaries range.THEN it all comes together.

Time it right so you don't need to worry about DD and cruiser,then just sail straight in between 2 enemy BB with secondaries blazing away!

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

It just seems inaccurate because you came from a the accurate Konig but IJN and USN BB are worse in accuracy. Bayern's strength is in its armor and it's very hard to citadel. It also has a decent turning radius. My best games in Bayern is when I lead the push. It's better than Fuso and NM from my experience.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

The only time I met Eurobeat in battle, he was driving a Bayern. He said it was good

Yep, its pretty much what's this guy said:

Im grinding this ship too, well it's not that bad at least to me because i usually brawl with it 

have few successful encounter, wreck a full health nagato with 4 citadel on him and in few match did over 100K of damage just by going full balls in

this ship you either go in or nothing

You go in and citadel IJN BBs that thinks sniping was the way to go, while you shrug off their shells with its amazing Krupp Stahl turtleback armor.

Its already powerful at its current state. Buffing its accuracy would make every other BBs irrelevant

I saw Eurobeat in a Molotov last night .... he was the first enemy to show himself so I citadeled him with my Gneisenau 

Be gentle next time pls :(

44 posts
6,325 battles

I think the Bayern is great fun, but the lack of stock AA and a rudder shift time that's truly awful means I'm yearning for that hull update. Luckily the CVs have been leaving me alone so far.

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
385 posts
14,947 battles

Gneisenau has much more accurate guns ... keep grinding. :izmena:

I think you're over selling it. It's has slightly more accurate guns.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

I think you're over selling it. It's has slightly more accurate guns.

Just got Gneisenau. It doesn't have more accurate gun than bayern, but its got faster shell velocity and seems like flatter trajectory that make it look like it's more accurate.

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,558 battles

just finish a T8 match with me on top beating bismarck by few points lol

citadel myoko, hipper and atago

great fun charge in and kill bayern lastly while my teammate in bismarck emerge himself from hiding :teethhappy:

420 posts
20 battles

I think Bayern isn't accurate, so will Gneisenau.

Isn't Bayern has 17km range? You get +1km from upgrading hull, and another by FCS.

Not just the dispersion, her sigma also bad. I've experience using 2 turrets where each pair dropped left and right from the center.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

I think Bayern isn't accurate, so will Gneisenau.

Isn't Bayern has 17km range? You get +1km from upgrading hull, and another by FCS.

Not just the dispersion, her sigma also bad. I've experience using 2 turrets where each pair dropped left and right from the center.

Yep, Gneisenau is inaccurate af but has flatter and faster shots than bayern. But what she lacks in gun she gives in her agility and armor. My Chapayev and schors felt more like a battleship in manueverability than my Gneisenau.
Edited by Deicide