You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
RowdyBilly

Double Strike

17 comments in this topic

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

Actually it is more of making or finding an opportunity and praying that teammates do not take the kill. Often you see two different target close very low hp, split your turrets on both (or split your drops on them at the same time if you are playing cv). If you see more than one player hiding in small smoke, dump all your torp and hope they both die. The others are all unusual cases and not like you can make them happen as you wish. You also need to be patient. Sometimes wait a bit to let the teammates soften one target, so that you can take the killing blow. If you play ships like Bismarck that have strong secondary, if you see your secondaries going to kill a target, dont fire on him if there is another enemy that you can kill, you have to time it out though. Don't use a full salvo when a single gun kill the target, use the rest elsewhere as you play a battleship. Don't waste your time dumping toprs to a target that has 2K hp, you can kill him with guns. Or if you find, your torps are going to kill someone, quickly look around you and see if your guns can find a good target to kill at the same time.

The bottom line is, keep an eye out and be a pro kill stealer. You have to actively look for kills. People might get salty, just don't bother about them. If you need visual examples, I recommend Business6's youtube channel, specially videos titled with "Ships and giggles". This guy is a doublestrike machine.

Btw, these are my suggestion and any degradation of your game quality following this, I cannot be held responsible for that.

Edited by icy_phoenix

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

i got most of my double strike by luck. i manage to sink a ship while the other one burn down or my torpedo sunk a ship while i gun down the other one. :teethhappy:

but i think its easier to secure double strike with battleship. you can take down two ship with set your set of guns. i saw lots of youtubers do that like business and arios.

53 posts
4,709 battles

Its just a matter of luck. I have done it 27 times now and most of them come from a ship burning to death after it goes behind cover while you finish off another target. Got one yesterday in Phoenix by torping a stationary BB in their base while torping another BB angling in from the other side. Just a fluke, I have never before been in a position to fire torps either side at the same time in nearly 4k games.

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

It really all boils down to when the situation presents itself. 1.4k matches and only 7 double strikes, sometimes you get lucky I guess.

1,126 posts

2 of my double strike are sheer luck.

1st in my myoko, my torp kill DD and my gun kill another near dead CA

2nd in my kagero, when I torp into smoke sunk gearing and yamato camping in there.

82 posts
2,945 battles

your best bet would be cruisers with torpedoes, all u need to fight for is the opportunity.although i got mine when i loaded 10 mins late and there was these 2 bb testing their secondaries. killed one with guns and rammed the other. oh such pleasure

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

I've done 71 doublestrikes as of right now. Want to know the secret? VMF DDs.

They have high rate of fire with decent shell damage/pen/arc to pick off ships that are about to die. You gotta be a bit cheeky because you're literally killstealing one of the ship though, but its the only way to get double taps.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

I've done 71 doublestrikes as of right now. Want to know the secret? VMF DDs.

They have high rate of fire with decent shell damage/pen/arc to pick off ships that are about to die. You gotta be a bit cheeky because you're literally killstealing one of the ship though, but its the only way to get double taps.

Or you use your BB and shoot at targets that rammed each other or got too close