You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sammuell

this server is ruined

35 comments in this topic

450 posts
7,896 battles

The Asia server is bloody ruined. Even the tier 5 players snipes. 

I wonder if it is possible to either reduce the credits earn by dealing damage to enemy or create the "Engagement ribbon" to reward the players who combat within 12km radius of the enemy ships. 

10 posts
212 battles

You know ive always wondered what the EU and NA servers were like.First there was Jingles roasting the Asia server WoT and then tons of threads like this start appearing in both WoWs and WoT Asia forums......not to mention some people who say "How i cruelly trolled someone : I convinced them to join Asia server,end topic." <----trust meh this exists if u dun know already look up off topic 

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
386 posts
14,950 battles

I feel like this is more of an issue at tiers 8-10 tbh... which is probably why I seldom play those tiers.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,828 posts
4,103 battles

Don't get too hung up on it.  The universal thing with the WOWS servers is that people act like dicks on all of them.  Not just here.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

let them be, i always move below 14km so i can have more accurate shot on cruiser citadel. while those IJN wanna be sniper gets meager damages because they always stay at beyond 16km.

266 posts
5,135 battles

It's not exclusive to this server. Imagine the most cowardly action you ever seen in this server, and I guarantee you'll see it everyday in EU.

It's not tied to high tier either. Yesterday I played mostly tier 6-7 and I've spent 90% of my time chasing enemy ships. Most of them snipes and immediately turn tail and run away the moment they saw me push, even the bloody Dunkerque.

Tl;dr : Deal with it.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

You'd think other server will be better?

This is from EU (name censored for convenience). Here's the original thread on reddit

2uejrbb.png

Granted, same thing does happen here but the habit applies to all server, including lemming trains, straightlining BBs and so on.

Asia got the flak because in addition to those, it lacks communication due to language barrier.

In the end those baddies only deals more harm to themselves. The dude on the picture above gets an amazing 46% WR.

Its just the nature of MMOs. If you're looking for soothing gameplay where you can win everytime there are a lot of single player games out there.

Me? I don't really care about it really because I know what am i dealing with.

If the team doesn't work and I'm dead, I'll just exit to port and queue another game.

Perhaps I could get a working team on the next round, and when it does, it's glorious.

Tl;dr : Deal with it.

Careful, you're gonna trigger some folks using that sentence:trollface:

783 posts
4,809 battles

You literally lose nothing when playing T5 even when having bad games anyway. So it's definitely not rewards lacking.

Hurray for Epicenter I guess~

2,217 posts
13,678 battles

Don't get too hung up on it.  The universal thing with the WOWS servers is that people act like dicks on all of them.  Not just here.

Must...... resist..... urge to respond to that opening. 

345 posts
3,628 battles

Sniping is not bad unless you're bad at it. 

Here's some qualities of a good sniper:

- Great Accuracy

- Knows what the best target is (ships showing broadside)

- Knows when and where to give supporting fire (it could scare enemies and turn the tides of battle)

- Always moving towards the battle (1/4 speed is good, never stop when not needed)

- Doesn't run unless the situation is really disadvantageous

- Doesn't leave allies behind

- Knows how to use islands as cover

- Always Angled

- Cautious of destroyer positions

Edited by Loshirai14

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Don't get too hung up on it.  The universal thing with the WOWS servers is that people act like coward on all of them.  Not just here.

Language please

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Sniping is not bad unless you're bad at it. 

Here's some qualities of a good sniper:

- Great Accuracy

- Knows what the best target is (ships showing broadside)

- Knows when and where to give supporting fire (it could scare enemies and turn the tides of battle)

- Always moving towards the battle (1/4 speed is good, never stop when not needed)

- Doesn't run unless the situation is really disadvantageous

- Doesn't leave allies behind

- Knows how to use islands as cover

- Always Angled

- Cautious of destroyer positions

you forgot something

- Great Firepower

525 posts
7,946 battles

Cheer up guys, did you guys forgot about the new mode called epicenter? i suggest you guys tried it first, everyone is highly aggressive, i really enjoyed that mode.

I hope WG higher the chance that mode being played here in SEA.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Cheer up guys, did you guys forgot about the new mode called epicenter? i suggest you guys tried it first, everyone is highly aggressive, i really enjoyed that mode.

not exactly

only German BB in Particular and Dunkerque that go Commando 

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,828 posts
4,103 battles

I've had epicentre twice now and I think WG need to send an educational video out.  Even though 2/3 of the team understood the concept there were still lurkers that tucked themselves away from harm

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

The asia server isn't to bad considering the language issue Could it be better. Possibly, but to me a much bigger issue for tier 5 is the MM.

Owing to the time i play it's normally 4 bottom tier then 1 top tier. So if this is universal all tier 5's are going to do is learn to park way back. You can't blame the players when they're to scared to move when you're almost always bottom tier. One false move and kaboom....

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Is this an old thread or just one of those common threads like "everyone on this server is a goddamn coward" resurfaced...

This kind of Threads are like Hydra...

You cut off one head, Two more will take its place..

Hail Hydra..

1,482 posts

The Asia server is bloody ruined. Even the tier 5 players snipes. 

I wonder if it is possible to either reduce the credits earn by dealing damage to enemy or create the "Engagement ribbon" to reward the players who combat within 12km radius of the enemy ships. 

Well, how does the OP want us to play?

if we charge ahead, people say, come back dont be stupid or you will be blasted, then they call us noobs

if we sit back, esp us in battleships, & shoot form a distance, (we do it to get plunging fire) we are accused as snipers

if we hang back & dont contribute or hardly move, we are called AFK, Noob, S$%$# player, etc & reported

if we go up the middle in 2 brothers, we are called suicidal, stupid noob, dont do that.... etc

if we sail around like idiots & not fight, or camp in our cap like many do, then that is the worst behavior in the game..

if we sit in 1 spot only we are called campers or tankers

to please people,  HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO PLAY THEN???

a lot of these players do not speak english anyway,  so asking thewm to do something is pointless

you tell us, OP, how are we supposed to play?

Welcome to the asia server, where democracy intertwines & morphs into utter confusion

Ordrazz

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,011 battles

Always playing a YOLO game is pretty boring, sometimes you do need to stay back and preserve your HP. While some players do go for the full on snipe at any & all costs many of the players i have seen & played with understand that you need to push at certain times.

And Ordrazz you will never play well enough with a player like that on your team, one of my friends quite a while back did 280k damage in a game and was getting blasted by one of the players for being a noob when he had almost won the game for us. Even if he had have done 1mil damage killed all 12 enemy ships he still would have been called a noob. OP seems to be one of those players where nothing is ever good enough for him.