You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Peanutflower

The Ishizuchi

28 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like your Pickle?

• Yes
    • No
    • Meh

23 comments in this topic

26 posts
1,985 battles

The Ishizuchi

The Ishizuchi is currently the only premium battleship of the Imperial Japanese Navy (except for the Mikasa but that is just a bunch of guns strapped to a ship and you are relegated to the helmsman) and lies at tier four. The Ishizuchi has tough competition at its tier such as Imperator Nicolai II and the Kaiser. At a glance the Ishizuchi looks mediocre compared to its competitors, it has low armour and its guns have bad penetration characteristics. On top of this the turning circle is so big that is performs a tour of all of Japan`s imperial possessions. The guns have a low range and have the typical battleship accuracy (they can`t hit the side of a barn from the inside) but there is a fair few of them, in fact there is enough to completely out-gun the Chinese navy on it`s own. The speed of the ship is very good which means it is able to take the emperor to all of his palaces in a timely manner. The high explosive shell also has a “balanced” fire chance and with the demolition expert the fire chance rises to 35%. Now the Japanese can finally invade Australia and have that barbeque they have always wanted.

My opinion on this ship is that it is okay, it`s an okay tier four ship but none of that matters, because it is fun. Firing a high explosive salvo at an enemy battleship and getting three separate fires after he has just burned his damage control consumable is glorious. This ship is a high explosive spammer of a battleship, 10k damage salvoes happen and arsonist is a common occurrence; you will get one fire a salvo if you aim well. Combined with the buffed reload time this makes for one hell of a barbeque. Indeed, the Ishizuchi is soft like the zucchini it is but it bites back (if a zucchini is even capable of hurting a person). If indeed you want to fire your armour piercing shells at cruisers, they do work. Of course the damage isn`t great on your armour piercing shells but you will be tossing a lot of them at your opponents and some of it is going to do damage. The Ishizuchi`s anti-aircraft defence will do this ship about as many favours as it did for the Yamato. You have the grand total of six anti-aircraft guns. With the main battery of the Ishizuchi you might actually kill something; it won`t be a plane.

To be honest I would not recommend this ship to any new players, you will sink faster than the Japanese carrier fleet. If you turn at the wrong time you will take damage so, try to time your turns according to enemy salvoes. The citadel is mostly just on the water line but it does have a bit sticking up just between the 1 2 34 5 turrets. At the very least the citadel is away from the centre of the ship away from where most players aim at (I know, I`ve just ruined it by saying it).

Overall the Ishizuchi is an okay ship, but it`s fun, as it is a battlecruiser it is possible to train your Japanese BB and CA captains in and not have the single most out of place captain ever, hmm air superiority, useful. Anyway get this ship if you want it, sure, but don`t set your expectations too high.

Edited by Peanutflower

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,466 battles

I came very close to buying this one just recently. It's an interesting ship, but... I'm gonna hold out for the Royal Navy battlecruisers instead. I have a feeling they're gonna be wizards with HE as well.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

ishizuchi is.... well, meh, buy it if you think you like the concept of it, but i personally hated this ship when i test drove her on a friend's account, OP is right, it will need skill to play and even then...

415 posts
10,918 battles

The Ishizuchi

The Ishizuchi is currently the only premium battleship of the Imperial Japanese Navy

Indeed, the Ishizuchi is soft like the zucchini it is but it bites back

You forgot about Mikasa ... Tier 2 IJN BB

Zucchini is what I call mine lol

unless there is a mission that she qualifies for I generally keep her for Bot bashing due to the short range.

as for your question: I don't dislike her but I don't really like her... can we have a "Meh" option please.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

as for your question: I don't dislike her but I don't really like her... can we have a "Meh" option please.

or a "i didnt buy this ship" option

26 posts
1,985 battles

You forgot about Mikasa ... Tier 2 IJN BB

Zucchini is what I call mine lol

unless there is a mission that she qualifies for I generally keep her for Bot bashing due to the short range.

Yep I forgot about the Mikasa, sorry.

26 posts
1,985 battles

OMG dat IJN puns and references though:trollface:m8 u are pro at this

Almost as good as the Japanese sending light bombers that didn`t have self-sealing fuel tanks to go torpedo bombing (the Americans called them the one shot lighter as it could be brought down by small arms fire).

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
397 posts
14,968 battles

Concealment is the only buff it needs imo. Get pinged by BBs 16km's away is not fun when you're not ready to return fire for at least three more clicks.

Alpha Tester
308 posts
5,889 battles

Does anyone have an idea of her AP and HE penetration capacity?

Even now HE occasionally penetrates citadels of some cruisers such as Yubari, Caledon, Kuma, but I'm thinking of new strategy with a new skill.

119 posts
2,071 battles

Its an utterly AWFUL ship.

The AP does nothing, and the accuracy is poor. It lacks AA and has JPN style armour. Urgh. Seriously AVOID.

I was given EIGHT of these useless ships during the Santa thing.

I submitted a ticket and was told that this was normal.

<content removed> you too WG. Urgh. 

Profanity. Post edited. User Warned.

~ADM_dude_SG

Edited by ADM_dude_SG

435 posts
6,169 battles

I find the Ishizuchi guns as powerful as the Fuso, thunderous like. Short range guns means you have to play her aggressively, as I do, when you do that you can blow anything out of the water at will, quite euphoric.

Except when there an aircraft carrier, then I wish I could just scuttle her to deny opponent points.

At tier 4 everyone is trying out carriers and you see carriers in 75% of Ishizuchi battles. Ishizuchi is significantly disadvantage with limited AA and because of this I don’t play her as much I would like, I try to pick times when carrier numbers are low. WG needs to buff her AA to shoot down at least one plane per attack run/squadron or add “Defensive AA” (for torps spread), just to make her playable with carriers, solo that is, best to play her in a team with AA cover.

One of the best peerless death-dealing ships I've played.

Edited by Yul_Brynner