Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
tlmitf

Zero damage penetrations.

17 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
34 posts
918 battles

I dont care if you dont think it is a bug, I am telling you it is.

When a shell penetrates, it does damage. There is a hole in the ship, how is that not damage??

I was fighting a Scharnhorst in my Colorado, and many times I penetrated him and dealt NO damage. I have the ribbons turned on, so I know I was penning.

If a shell isn't going to do damage, then don't show it up as a freaking penetration!!

I was on full health, and he was on 3/4 at the start of the fight - by the end, I was on the bottom and he was on half health.

No I wasnt being retarded and sailing broadside on.

He was chasing me, so his forward guns were battling with my rear guns.

I have had enough of this bullshit in World of tanks, and to be very bloody honest, the RNG is a major reason I dont play tanks anymore. Fix it.

Beta Tester
34 posts
918 battles

plz give the detail ribbon a try, you will see those as over-pens or bounces

I know what the symbols mean. I was getting penetrations, not blocked or bounces. Even over penetration still deals damage.

By ribbons, I mean the little ribbons that pop up when your shells land on target to tell you what your shells did.

Beta Tester
34 posts
918 battles

your shells hit the module, such as gun turrets, AA guns, and Torpedo Launchers

Without knocking them out? Normally you get a little popup showing what you broke. I got no such thing.

shot-16.09.08_18.57.28-0873_zpsl27wfolo.jpg

If you look really close you can just see the 7232 damage number (I was a little slow on the screencap) and the ribbon showing the penetrations.

It isn't a case of me not knowing what I am looking at, or for.

Edited by tlmitf

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Without knocking them out? Normally you get a little popup showing what you broke. I got no such thing.

shot-16.09.08_18.57.28-0873_zpsl27wfolo.jpg

If you look really close you can just see the 7232 damage number (I was a little slow on the screencap) and the ribbon showing the penetrations.

The Turrets and modules themself have HP before knocked out

Alpha Tester
1,638 posts
7,230 battles

If you kept hitting the same part of enemy ship  -i.e. the bow, you may have used that part's 'damage pool'- it's HP. 

Once all that HP is gone, no more damage can be done to that particular part of the ship- no matter how many times you penetrate it.

Beta Tester
34 posts
918 battles

If you kept hitting the same part of enemy ship  -i.e. the bow, you may have used that part's 'damage pool'- it's HP. 

Once all that HP is gone, no more damage can be done to that particular part of the ship- no matter how many times you penetrate it.

Well that's just a shitty game mechanic, and if it is true, I will no longer play (or pay for) this game

Beta Tester
34 posts
918 battles

So that game mechanic only applies to me and not him then hey?
So if all I was giving him was my stern, and all I had was his bow - how did he kill me, when I couldn't kill him.

That, right there, is a [content removed] game mechanic.

I'm out. see ya never again.

Inappropriate content. Post edited. Warning issued.

~Twisted0ne

Edited by Twisted0ne

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

someone posted it before, it seem its the problem is of miscommunication between the client and the server.

there's also an over-penetration that score up to 8kdamage that i experience multiple times. even some youtubers like flamun and notser or was it business commented about this problem.

679 posts
3,522 battles

I dont care if you dont think it is a bug, I am telling you it is.

When a shell penetrates, it does damage. There is a hole in the ship, how is that not damage??

I was fighting a Scharnhorst in my Colorado, and many times I penetrated him and dealt NO damage. I have the ribbons turned on, so I know I was penning.

If a shell isn't going to do damage, then don't show it up as a freaking penetration!!

I was on full health, and he was on 3/4 at the start of the fight - by the end, I was on the bottom and he was on half health.

No I wasnt being retarded and sailing broadside on.

He was chasing me, so his forward guns were battling with my rear guns.

I have had enough of this bullshit in World of tanks, and to be very bloody honest, the RNG is a major reason I dont play tanks anymore. Fix it.

This is not a bug.  It is a deliberate game mechanic.  I suggest you watch ichase, he has a whole ep explaining why this happens, same with 0 dmg HE hits. Its good to inform yourself, enjoy it I did!  cheers

679 posts
3,522 battles

someone posted it before, it seem its the problem is of miscommunication between the client and the server.

there's also an over-penetration that score up to 8kdamage that i experience multiple times. even some youtubers like flamun and notser or was it business commented about this problem.

Nope, see above.

Beta Tester
34 posts
918 battles

This is not a bug.  It is a deliberate game mechanic.  I suggest you watch ichase, he has a whole ep explaining why this happens, same with 0 dmg HE hits. Its good to inform yourself, enjoy it I did!  cheers

I fail to understand how he killed me when I couldn't kill him, if the game mechanic is the same for both of us.

This is, in a word, [content removed]

Inappropriate content. Post edited. Warning issued.

~Twisted0ne

Edited by Twisted0ne

Beta Tester
34 posts
918 battles

If you inform yourself you WILL understand.  its pretty simple really. Have a good day :)

I understand the mechanic, and do not agree with it.

What I don't understand is if we were both working with the same mechanic, how was he able to kill me, and I was unable to to the same to him?

Given that I only had his bow, and he had my stern, how was he able to kill me given that I simply stopped dealing damage to him?

Explain that one to me, please.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Nope, see above.

i know saturation mechanic.

oh i though he is experiencing Hit ribbon bug that i posted before

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/17399-ribbon-hit-bug/

quote from the thread.

This has also been reported earlier in the NA and EU forums. The ribbons are client-side, but the damage indicator is server-side. There is a de-sync of some sort happening. Or the damage model is broken. WG doesn't seem to be in any hurry to fix this.

When you think about it, if the damage model is server-side, then the moment you shoot, the damage you do has already been decided by the server calculations. The server is not going to wait to see where the shells land when viewed client-side. What damage you see in your viewer has already been decided by the server even before your shells land.

Or that's what I think anyway. Time for tin foil hat, heh.  :trollface:

Sign in to follow this