You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Unraveler

Your Guide to the Birthday Celebration Achievements

123 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,454 battles

Here's how I obtained all 10 achievements:

Queue Jumper - Enter a battle. Reward: 10 x Type 5 camouflage.

Fire Show - 100 hits with guns. Reward: 25 x India X-Ray flags. Edit: This one appears to be 50 Penetrating Hits and is not related to fires.

Festive Soup - 10 hits with torpedoes. Reward: 25 x Juliet Whiskey Unaone flags.

Run! Admiral! Run! - 5 hits with carrier planes. Reward: 25 x Victor Lima flags.

A Shot in the Dark - Shoot down 15 planes. Reward: 25 x November Echo Setteseven flags.

Big Roll - Earn 1 million credits. Reward: 1,000,000 credits.

Rise of the Machines - Destroy 5 bots in PvE. Reward: 25 x Zulu flags.

Life and Soul of the Party - Get a Compliment from another player. Reward: 25 x Juliet Charlie flags.

Manners Maketh Man - Not sure exactly what triggers this one, but I got it when I used both F9 and F10 during a battle (and F4 in a previous battle). Reward: 25 x Zulu Hotel flags. Edit: Seems to be based on avoiding team damage for a number of matches, possibly consecutively.

King of the Party - Not sure about this one, either. It was awarded to me at the exact moment I got my 8th achievement (Festive Soup). Reward: 5,000 Free XP.

As far as I know, none of the requirements have to be done in a single battle. Let's get those achievements turning gold now, comrades! Go forth!

Edited by Unraveler

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,454 battles

I got mine at less then 100 hits. What I did was: fire HE, set him on fire. Switch to AP, pen him.

Ah, interesting. I got this one very early on, before I even started paying attention to the achievements, so it could well be something to do with fire starting rather than simple hits. I've also seen bots get this achievement in PvE.
Edited by Unraveler

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

manners maketh man

I'm not sure either,  I didn't press F9 or F10 at all

But didn't do any damage to teammate  for few matches is possible

Edited by Harpoon01

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,454 battles

Hmmm, interesting. "No team damage for x amount of games" would make sense and it could've just been a coincidence that I got it the same battle I used the F9 and F10 commands (which I don't usually use). It didn't trigger during the battle like most of the achievements but only appeared on the after-battle results screen, which also supports the no-team-damage idea.

Super Tester
223 posts
3,340 battles

hmm, I got King of the Party the same time I got Run, Admiral, Run

I was in coop, and King of The Party was my 9th achievement

when I got the achievement, I was hitting scharnhorst, which btw, the only premium ship at the match

and it got me thinking, "what if King of the party requires you to hit premium ship to certain dmg?"

take it with a grain of salt, just random analysis

and one more thing, I have feeling that some achievements got more than one way to get it

Super Tester
223 posts
3,340 battles

I cannot see the Dragon Flags and the Commemorative Birthday Flag or this only after the event ends?

Same here actually, wondering when they give the dragon signals

but for the commemorative B-day flag, it seems we cn get it at 16th Sept

http://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/specials-and-events/wows-1st-bday-celebration/

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,454 battles

After re-watching my replays, Fire Show appears to be unrelated to either starting fires or hitting a target that's already on fire. The achievement triggered on my 50th penetrating hit.

403 posts
8,172 battles

Run Admiral Run needs less than 5 aerial torp hits. I just got it on my first carrier game since the Arp Myoko missions. I suspect it is calculated by damage done.

King of the Party might be a damage threshold

PS: A funny thing happened, my client crashed at the start of the game, and whenI logged back in and apologised a friendly cruiser dumped his 7 reports on me, but I did not say anything more in response, and as if Karma were on my side, I was awarded with the Manners achievement. :rolleyes:

Edited by 27000ants