Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
biq27

Tier 10 is so sad

42 comments in this topic

112 posts
5,463 battles

It's heartbreaking - I remember playing T10 in OBT and a little past that... it was fun! Ships are at their most powerful and so it should be fun! I am an 'above average' non-potato but no unicum but this isn't about how badly I or anybody else has been playing.

It's just so sad... I had a week off because I was over it, came back today wanted to play high tier and I weep for what the game has become. It's a camping boring snooze fest. The player quality is abysmal, not so much in individual skills just in the level of passive camping.

The way I see it:

• Remove standard battle. Devs identified one of the problems they had with wowp is that they just remade WoT but with planes. This mode is not suitable for ships.
  • Lower the repair costs. Just friggin' do it.
  • Reward actual useful play, tanking dmg, spotting dmg etc.

I think I might be done though.

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

If you remove standard battles, game will be dominated by DDs alone and you will often be at the mercy of the DD players. You want that to happen? Considering that most DD players are not so good?

112 posts
5,463 battles

If you remove standard battles, game will be dominated by DDs alone and you will often be at the mercy of the DD players. You want that to happen? Considering that most DD players are not so good?

I'd rather that than hiding at max range behind hills 'sniping' to be honest. But I do see your point...

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

I'd rather that than hiding at max range behind hills 'sniping' to be honest. But I do see your point...

I thought the chances of getting standard battles on higher tiers are lower, but I still get a lot of standard battles everyday. Probably MM is not working as intended. We'll have to see what devs do farther about this.
Edited by icy_phoenix

Beta Tester
908 posts

Thank you for making a post. I highlighted these same issues weeks ago. There were those in denial and those that called me hogging all the action.

I gave up and just play t10 for lols. You can't influence those that don't want their paint scratched. Just divvy up and crush the passives.

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

Well, not like people wont camp in a domination battle. We had domination plays regularly where the whole team lemming train to a cap point, and wont bother to move till all the enemy DDs are killed.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

And of course the root cause of this problem is the drastic debuffs on CVs. This won't get fixed until WG get off their high horses and start to rebalance the CVs. They've tried some few things like a massive debuff on IJN DDs, but it really didn't change anything.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Isn't T10 basically spending credits to be top tier every match?

As OP said tier 10 used to be very fun. Everytime I load my CV I get very engaged knowing how my opposing CV is also very good. Well to be fair most people who have tier 10s or high tiers at OBT are unicums/above average players unlike today that every noob around the corner has tier 10 and a pair of gold ships. But still, all these meta changes so far favors the noob by making this game lean towards the arcade/easy to attract mobs of noobs for the $$. From WG's perspective, this game has no choice since it doesn't have an MMR system to segregate the competitive players and the noobs, and noobs is where the money is.

141 posts
6,610 battles

Only thing i can say about T10 battles is awful, in terms of bb player. My first t10 ships is yamato with tragic 14 point captain. Yamato is suck in tier 10, i was once a aggressive player , yamato is a great shield to absorb damage and i utiltize this advantage to push with my ca dd teammates All you will experience with yamato is being stealth fire from 4 or more ships simutaneously , cous they are hiding in shadows , benefiting in this god dam spotting system and u can do nothing on it even you lifting three 460 awesome devastating turrets. Although you have targets, CAs are so far to reach, cos little steering or wasd hacks can easily evade all your salvos. Moreover, you wanna improve your aiming as accuracy is the only thing you can win battles with yamato. Ships show on radar cos they fire you and set you on fire"ssssss"(OP starting fire rates) you shoot them ,before the salvo reach their ships they ve disappered. and then they set you on fire again and disapper, a unlimited loop until you dies. look at my status, i spend 30-40 game and finally know where to aim.

The most idizt is your yamato are burning during the whole game, after you distinguish it, new fire"ssssss" start again. Your teammates , 4kms away -43 too coward to shoot cos they dont want your agnony becomes theirs, this mean to save skyline repair cost.

You play t8 CAs and you will know BBs in tier 10 is exp and credit generator if you bully BBs.

I am not saying bb need to be buffed, if scouts doing well , BB can wipe out ships easily with two or three salvos. But hidden firing is too op all because of factors below:

in my opinion,

1. conceal fire op

2.because of hardcore control and shxt repair costs ,no one play cv in tier 10 to scout for bbs

3.repair cost, people tends to play passively and conservatively.

4. Noobs

My advice, before you drive your cute bbs to battlefield, make sure you:

1.ready to return credits to WG

2. ready to get burned by two smokes in front of you and outcounted bullets lands on your ships by cas and dds

3. ready to be noobed

Actions station

435 posts
6,169 battles

Noster believes IJN DDs shuffle is another torpedo nerf because torpedo’s spamming is to blame for poor T10 matches but their last torpedo nerf didn’t work so why would this one. Nerfing ships to improve player abilities is destined to fail

They just don’t get it. Same old same old.

Repair Costs has a direct effect on top tier match play. For an average player it’s impossible to earn credits even when you win and sink a couple of ships, “Even when you win you lose”. In every single game you always lose large chucks of credits so over time player’s process to the state of "back of the map sniping" and a style of avoid battles as much as possible, to save credits. (same old copy and paste statement)

Seal Clubbing, fact is that you have to be a unicum player to do well in T10 but the bulk of players are average players so as an average player you can’t earn enough credits to stay in T10 or improve game play with a few games at a time. Most of the time you have to go down the tiers to earn credits and build up enough credit to play T10. But WG know this so this must be how they want it.

Well Done Sir, secondly there is a genuine tactic not to advance to early in a game else if you do you’re just going to be focus fired and die and no one wants that (mainly top tiers). And not because of torpedo spamming.

WG doesn’t listen to average players so they are going to keep nerfing the game and they will nerf it into oblivion, it’s only a matter of time. I’m so glad I’m playing this game in the here and now.

Last opinion, WG tries to extract economics from the player base, instead of believing in their player base to promote the economics.

Edited by Yul_Brynner

1,126 posts

it's NOT A GOOD idea at all to low repair cost of tier 10 to profitable level.

imagine what gonna happen if new player join the game and found out that no body to play with at tier 3-5 because every old player stick with tier 9-10 and keep making profit at that tier.

game WILL ruin in no time.

so, in case of repair cost, I'm with WG.

but that also make high tire game become as OP said.

there's must be some way encourage player to play tier 10 without afraid of repair cost

how about special flag, can only equip with tier 9-10 ship and will generally put repair cost to 0

distribute it as a free flag 1 per account per day.

or as a mission reward once a day.

player can stock up those flag and choose their day to play tier 10 all day without worrying

something like that.

435 posts
6,169 battles

there's must be some way encourage player to play tier 10 without afraid of repair cost

So you actually concur!

Do you think WOWS is a niche market or should the player base be in the millions (SEA).

I think it’s a niche market so with that player base there should be alot more players in T10 than there is at the moment, given the fact that everyone is advancing to T10. I want to play T10 but its hard watching your credits rewind from an average player point of view

T10 repair cost is a T10 player base killer.

Edited by Yul_Brynner

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

And of course the root cause of this problem is the drastic debuffs on CVs. This won't get fixed until WG get off their high horses and start to rebalance the CVs. They've tried some few things like a massive debuff on IJN DDs, but it really didn't change anything.

this is pretty what i think too after observing lots of tier 10 battle. unlike in CBT where yamato stay with the cruiser because they fear CV, current yamato player can just park their ship where they can tank the shot in the front. they can't be punish by CV because there are rarely cv in high tier.

i really hate the fact that they only allow one cv in high tier battle. there use to be 2 for total of four and USN CA and BB can have lots of fun for shooting down planes for extra exp while IJN are force to stick with their cruiser and not just siting in the back of the fleet unharmed by return fire from other ship.

435 posts
6,169 battles

I think that one way to improve T10 games is to have the maximum number of possible players playing T10. Volume will dilute the impact of poor gameplay, mistakes and unicum players. T5-T8 are very good games, mostly, and those tiers have the numbers needed to produce good quality games

And to WG volume = more returns (money, lots and lots  of money)

Edited by Yul_Brynner

141 posts
6,610 battles

tier 10 quota flag works i think

Not necessarily to adjust the t10 remains profitable , i know once it started, no one play t1-t9 anymore. However, decreasing repair cost can still reach a remarkable positive impact because currently you will lose 150k -200k credit for avg. performance w/o premium. slightly reduce to reasonable level, 75k-120k, will encourage bunches of people be more aggressive.

The heart of current problem is rarely you find a buddy can afford T10 battle, make more folks able to afford it will alleviate this deadlock.

112 posts
5,463 battles

T10 cost reduction doesn't have to be massive.... Just enough so that if I do 120k dmg in my Yamato and tank a fair bit to help team win.... I don't end up losing 100k credits. To be honest, I don't really care about losing 100k credits because I run premium, have a few prem ships I enjoy playing and do quite well etc etc. Not everyone is in the real life financial position I am in to afford that though so they pussy out in game.

Plus the culture of standard battle sniping which I have never really read a decent explanation of, except that as somebody pointed out most DD players are terrible [fair point].

in fact I would even like to see repair costs not necessarily reduced (ie if you do 20k dmg in a yama sitting at back of map before dying to CV you lose a heaps of money). I would like to see a financial reward for certain types of dmg, for example it would be great if you earned money for taking dmg within xyz km of objective.

Edited by biq27

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

game has turned again in favour of the dd's.

i see a minimum of 3, maximum of 5 dd's per team in tier 6-8 atm.

and dd's make the game boring, a german bb player moves forward to try get closer to enemy and gets rewarded with torp spam. this is the single reason everyone hangs back, well 2 reasons the invisible dd's and their high contribution to the guaranteed torp spam. sure its ok in bismarck with 10kms secondary range, but my gneisenau secondaries seem....ninja nerfed.

Sign in to follow this