Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LightDarkMaster

Need tips for earning credits

16 comments in this topic

68 posts
3,836 battles

Hi, I'm a casual player for WOWS.

I like the game mechanics and ships design as well as the history. But I have to put priority to my studies since I'm a student.

Lately, it's getting harder and harder to earn credits to purchase high tier ships. What should I do to earn more credits when playing without being premium?

Please help!

634 posts
6,234 battles

I'm a college student as well and here are my advices:

So you said you can not afford to buy premium time.

If you can afford to buy premium ships, get Murmursk (cheaper but lower income), or Atago (more expensive but higher credit income) 

( this is a personal thing to choose from, for me I like the play style of Atago so I bought it, some likes the Murmusk more, I also like battleships so I get Premium BBs as well) 

If you can not afford to buy ships with real money:

1. Do contests: here is the sub forum, first few places usually grant you 1000 doubloons or more, and 500 if u are not on the top. 

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/forum/72-contests/ 

Save up the doubloons to get either Murmursk or Atago in game.

2. If you are not good enough to win anything in contest, just use tier 5/6 ships you can play well with, tier 5/6 ships usually have the best income/repair fee rate, allowing you to earn some good credits. 

Edited by Lordofcaptain

556 posts
8,197 battles

For some reason Tirpitz costs 1/5 of the amount of credits I earn from a battle and I mainly play Co-op. So if your good enough she's probably one of the best high tier premships to farm credits with.

[BRU]
309 posts
11,163 battles

I'm also a college student too studying a difficult college course. My advice for you:

1. If you can't buy a premium time, there's a lot of ships that can earn good income like Kongo, Omaha, Minekaze, and others. It's up to you which ships you think will be your permanent credit farmer. You can also try CV since it can earn more than others but it depends on your performance, and don't try to play CV unless you practice enough since it's the most difficult ship to play yet earning worthy. I usually play Bogue as my credit farmer and I can earn 100-250k w/o premium depending on my performance like earning achievement that will give more credits and 200-400k if I have premium.

2. If you can afford a premium time, make sure that you can use most of it like a free day. I usually buy premium time since it's cheap, 1 day is 50-52 pesos in my country and I don't know how much in your country.

3. If you can afford a premium ship, just choose which ship that will match your playstyle. I don't have any premium ship now so I can't give you advice about it.

4. You can also try to participate contests here in the contests forum, you will earn up to 1k doubloons if you win 1st place.

5. Lastly, do your best to earn credits by earning achievements like Confederate, capping a base, and earn more than 60k damage since damage will be the basis for how much you will earn, the higher the damage, the higher the credits you earn.

Right now, I have almost 70 million credits in my account even I always spend for premium modules, upgrades, and more since I know how to earn credits.

Good luck for your journey mate. :D

Edited by KongouHime

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

If you want to earn credits without spending a dime i'd suggest playing T6 or T7.. There's a lot of good boats in those tier (Fuso/NM/Budy/Shchors/Kiev/Myoko) that can be played according to your playstyle

Alternatively you can get Murmansk for cheap and easy credit earnings..

414 posts
9,268 battles

1. Play umikaze

2. Buy a cheap premium ships that you think you can enjoy/master it, so that you can farm credits and Free XP, as Eurobeat says Murmansk is a good one example

3. If you don't want to spend money, keep some T5-T7 ships that you enjoys/masters as a credits/free xp farmer

Super Tester
7,586 posts
8,005 battles

Here's the most important thing that no one mentioned yet, the better you play, the more you earn credits. By better play, I mean, dealing more damage than you normally do, taking less damage than you normally take, actively participate in capping and cap defense, fight enemy DDs with highest priority (no matter what ship you are in) will earn you a lot more credits. But there is no way you can compete with someone running premium account or premium ship. So don't Just try to enjoy the slow grind, tell yourself that you are playing more games, so you are gaining more experience than the others. This build of up confidence is also important in earning credit, or playing better in general.

[_BST_]
[_BST_]
250 posts
12,930 battles

I recall one of the Youtube guys (Noster or iChase ?) doing an analysis of credit farming and came to the conclusion T4-6 was the optimum range.

You should consider ship costs (service,repair and ammo) when when playing for credits.

Also the duration of the games;  more games per day more earning potential; higher Tier games generally tend to be longer.

Also check the daily missions and challenges as many of them provide credits as rewards or consumables which can save you credits. So you may consider picking optimum ships to complete these goals.

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

Mid tier is the way to go. DDs are the most economical in terms of repair so they are the best for farming credits.

68 posts
3,836 battles

Hi, thanks for the replies everyone.

Well I usually play tier 5-6 matches with average results (unless going way deep in try hard and obtain large number of different ribbons). And I usually stop when I completed the daily missions.

Usually I have Chevy, New Mexi, Buddy, Ninjakaze and the ARPs to earn credits. Maybe I need more mid tier ships to do the job.( I might wanna discuss about the ARPs later when I have the time)

Premium ships? I haven't decided my preferred play style yet to purchase my personal champion.

Guess it boils down to try hard in mid tier, don't die if possible, spend more time(definitely), having more mid tier ships to play and having good internet connection.(for me cause hostel network is the worst at night)

Super Tester
7,586 posts
8,005 battles

Another great tip I have for ya, do not play high tier battles if there are less than 3000 players (it may seem to be an arbitrary number) just don't play over T7 when there are low number of players. No need to suffer more than you already are.

Super Tester
7,586 posts
8,005 battles

Hi, thanks for the replies everyone.

Well I usually play tier 5-6 matches with average results (unless going way deep in try hard and obtain large number of different ribbons). And I usually stop when I completed the daily missions.

Usually I have Chevy, New Mexi, Buddy, Ninjakaze and the ARPs to earn credits. Maybe I need more mid tier ships to do the job.( I might wanna discuss about the ARPs later when I have the time)

Premium ships? I haven't decided my preferred play style yet to purchase my personal champion.

Guess it boils down to try hard in mid tier, don't die if possible, spend more time(definitely), having more mid tier ships to play and having good internet connection.(for me cause hostel network is the worst at night)

DDs have the lowest repair cost, and easiest to earn high exp points. Sure some games will be horrible, you will die fast, but on an average, you should be ok. The amount of credit you get is also tied to amount of exp you earn. To earn more exp, cap cap cap, do damage (and possibly kill) DDs and cruisers, more than you target enemy BBs. You do know that exp is generated based on % of hp you took from enemy's full hp. So doing 5K damage to a 10K DD is kinda similar to doing 50K dmg to a 100K BB. Also make sure you use guns, just because you use an IJN DD doesn't mean you just spam torps everywhere. Try to spread damage on as many different target as you can.

Sign in to follow this