Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IJN_Harugumo

ARP ships-the good, the bad, and the ugly

55 comments in this topic

634 posts
6,217 battles

There are a lot of discussions about mission rewards and ARP ships lately, and I just thought to put my two cents in.

Feel welcome to object to anything I may have said wrong. 

The good: They are special ARP ships after all, comes with a skin every other player can see (unlike the WOT (PC) & GuP modpack collaboration which only the player who installed the mod can see), each ships comes with their own ARP captain and seiyuu, and, in most cases, comes with 10 or more skill points. And their in-game stats- both Kongo and Myoko are good, so these carbon copy ARP ships shared the same stats, Hey, better than getting a ARP Karlsberg or ARP kawachi or ARP Pensacola right?:trollface:

The bad: They are CARBON copies of ships, Literally COPIES, there are no difference what so ever, so except what I mention above about the difference skins and seiyuus, they are just two ships really: Kongo and Myoko. And offer no different play style/game model at all.

If you look at the WOT (Blitz) & GuP collaboration tanks-

1. the Panzer IV Anko SP (tier 5) use a different model than the Standard panzer IV (tier 5), it comes with a decent 7.5cm gun and spaced armour in addition to the anime skins and seiyuus. Also, textures is more detailed than the normal panzer iv.

2. the Kuro Mori Mine (tier 6) is a different model than the standard Tiger 1 (tier 7) , it is similar to the tiger 1 in other aspects except the fact that comes with a medicore 8.8cm, however, because it is a tier 6 rather then a tier 7 it gets a better MM. Also texture is more detailed then the normal tiger 1.

Do you see what I am getting at? Our ARP ships, offers completely no difference to the normal gameplay style to the kongo and myoko. Not even the game model is changed by a bit, only the skins. Honestly, even before the ARP ships came, I was already very mad at WG for putting a goddamn ugly Hiei bridge on a ship that is suppose to be Kongo.

The ugly. One thing some people still don't realise is that, these ARP ships are not 'PREMIUM at all, and are worser than standard kongo and myoko.

1.It offers no increases in neither credit or exp income.

2.The captains, though interchangable without penalty, can not be used on ships other than ARP ships.

3. It can not equip camo, mind you, that half a kilometre of evasion really makes a difference, especially in ranked.

If you look at the EU server which gives the RN DD as reward, first they came with a 12 point english captain, which can actually be used on british cruisers to come, that little agile dd has increased credit and exp income, which is what a premium ships should do. Their reward ship actually can contribute to in game benefits, our ships, jsut functions as a normal kongo/myoko, and captains cant even be switched out with normal captains, what's the meaning of these ships then (other than a skin and voice which mod can do as well)????

Our rewards are useless when compared to theirs. Yes, maybe their mission currently looks harder than our nachi mission, but remember, we have to do a lot of missions for all 8 ARP ships, they do one and thats it.

And remember how hard the first ARP kongo and myoko missions are? 30 DD kills, 30 CA kills?????

Oh and do you know NA gives Mikasa out for free?

Edited by Lordofcaptain

634 posts
6,217 battles

And our Premium Shop is the cheapest of all servers (excluded RU) :trollface:

Win some lose some i guess

1. Only cheaper by a bit.

2. You can not compare it like this, in Asia server, with a lot of developing country, players's average salary is lower than that of NA and EU,

Even if you don't work, in some europe countries you get money for free from the government. 

Edit: Also in NA and EU and even in the Chinese server there are much more 2X exp events than Asia, even if you don't have premium ships you get exp pretty quick

Edited by Lordofcaptain

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

1. Only cheaper by a bit.

Cheaper still cheaper 

2. You can not compare it like this, in Asia server, with a lot of developing country, players's average salary is lower than that of NA and EU,

That the reasons why we get the cheap package anyways so no hard feeling :trollface:

Even 12 Point RN Captain seem nice but Tier 3 RN DD Campbelltown seem useless to me as the ship is really low tier and the ship stats it self, while we get repeatedly set of ARP ship allow us to get port slots for free even you dont actually play the ship.

Yes you can just sell Campbelltown for slot as well but that give you only 1 slot while we got 3 free port slots already (that equal 900 gold, you need to actually reach Rank 2  or join community contests to acquire that amount for free, but by doing relatively easy set of mission now you get 3 free port slots) .

Is not like we get nothing we just get difference benefit compare to other servers, i have tons of friends who come back to WoWs just to get ARP ships just to collect them as well, so id say that some like ARP missions and it their reasons to play the game.

So just take it easy new missions are on the way, one of them might be what you can call good rewards :D:D:D

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

[_BST_]
[_BST_]
250 posts
12,845 battles

It would be nice if the RN DD mission came out with the release of the RN Cruisers.

At least you don't have to grind up the Hulls and stuff on the ARP ships with EXP & credits like the regular ones.

634 posts
6,217 battles

Cheaper still cheaper 

That the reasons why we get the cheap package anyways so no hard feeling :trollface:

Even 12 Point RN Captain seem nice but Tier 3 RN DD Campbelltown seem useless to me as the ship is really low tier and the ship stats it self, while we get repeatedly set of ARP ship allow us to get port slots for free even you dont actually play the ship.

Yes you can just sell Campbelltown for slot as well but that give you only 1 slot while we got 3 free port slot already.

Is not like we get nothing we just get difference benefit compare to other servers, i have tons of friends who come back to WoWs just to get ARP ships just to collect them as well.

So just take it easy new mission on the way, one of them might be what you can call good rewards :D:D:D

:sleep_fish:It is AD 2116, WoWs VR version entered  its open beta test, WoWs PC server has shutdown its servers and never once was a good reward been sent out, this remains a mystery till this day. 

:trollface:I can foresee the future

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

:sleep_fish:It is AD 2116, WoWs VR version entered  its open beta test, WoWs PC server has shutdown its servers and never once was a good reward been sent out, this remains a mystery till this day. 

:trollface:I can foresee the future

Just because you see it as "bad reward" doesn't mean other peoples going to feel the same :trollface:

And by saying "never once good reward been sent out, this remains a mystery till this day" is invalid since so call "good rewards" you talking already available in other servers which mean there a chance for our server anyways, if you want those rewards "immediately" you have to go to their server since their offer you the right rewards.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

I really spend a lot of all Ships Module

Phew.. i thought i am the only one who put the upgrade modul even on a ship i never intend to use. :D i just feel not fair if there is a ship that not Battle ready in my port
Edited by XP_On

634 posts
6,217 battles

Just because you see it as "bad reward" doesn't mean other peoples going to feel the same :trollface:

And by saying "never once good reward been sent out, this remains a mystery till this day" is invalid since so call "good rewards" you talking already available in other servers which mean there a chance for our server anyways, if you want those rewards "immediately" you have to go to their server since their offer you the right rewards.

mind you in EU and NA, they get ARP ships along with other rewards, all we got is ARP ships

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

mind you in EU and NA, they get ARP ships along with other rewards, all we got is ARP ships

So that mean we will never get the same rewards or even better one in future ?

c'mon is not like grass will always be greener on the other side, take it easy and wait for ur good rewards :D:D:D

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Same old, same old...

So vocal over the same issue which has been talked about in countless threads.

So disappointed with local server events.

So envious of the other servers' events.

So tireless.

So repetitive.

So old.

Can't everyone just ignore it until the year ends? It's not like WG can do anything about an agreement they signed; Unless of course they pay fines for breaking contract- Which would subsequently earn them more ire from the other part of the community. It doesn't even need to be about the Arpeggio events; In one way or another, someone will always find a reason to complain about what we have because the other server had something else. Want all servers to have the same event to 'fix' this? Well it can't. It ain't that simple; Especially when each server already has their own promos and doodads, as well as varied player preferences which means different marketing strategies.

Think of the bigger picture, not just the part of it where your face is.

You can't always get what you want. Deal with it.

525 posts
7,946 battles

The good: They are special ARP ships after all, comes with a skin every other player can see (unlike the WOT (PC) & GuP modpack collaboration which only the player who installed the mod can see), each ships comes with their own ARP captain and seiyuu, and, in most cases, comes with 10 or more skill points.

I'm just gonna fix that up, player will only see the ARP skin if they have yokosuka port enabled, if they aren't they will see standard kongo and myoko.

Edited by Skooma

525 posts
7,946 battles

There's a mod for that. 

post-1017462130-0-95408000-1459874707.jp

MY EYES.

seems too bright, is it that bright in game, or its just the photo?

Edit : grammar mistake 

Edited by Skooma

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

MY EYES.

seems to bright, is it that bright in game, or its just the photo?

Not my pic.

Literally a google search.

I think Aslain's modpack has that as well.

Edited by Stein_Grenadier

353 posts
5,015 battles

I think we should just enjoy the ARP. Get to build 4 Kongōs with different mod and see which one is more effective.

Same for the Myokōs. Play them in pve then pvp as a learning experience for general IJN BB and CA feel.

And save money on the real Kongōs and Myokōs. Thats millions of credits, i think its worth saving for trying out other lines.

The hate really needs to stop.

525 posts
7,946 battles

I think we should just enjoy the ARP. Get to build 4 Kongōs with different mod and see which one is more effective.

Same for the Myokōs. Play them in pve then pvp as a learning experience for general IJN BB and CA feel.

And save money on the real Kongōs and Myokōs. Thats millions of credits, i think its worth saving for trying out other lines.

The hate really needs to stop.

The OP clearly didn't hate the ARP ships,in fact, by which he reacted (i think he amost cried:hiding:) when he failed to obtain the ARP myoko    (i was in the division with him when this thing happened), he love Arpeggio of blue steel, he just criticizing the ships and the missions.

there's a difference between criticizing and hating, learn the difference.

Edited by Skooma

353 posts
5,015 battles

so sorry, i didnt meant to say the op hates arp. more of referring to the few other threads which are so salty.

i couldnt get the myokō sisters as well... not enough skill and time to grind.

525 posts
7,946 battles

so sorry, i didnt meant to say the op hates arp. more of referring to the few other threads which are so salty.

i couldnt get the myokō sisters as well... not enough skill and time to grind.

It's fine, sorry if i come across as hostile to you

Sign in to follow this