Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Flemboy

WG introduced high tier premmie ships without experience filters

24 comments in this topic

[AE]
200 posts
9,488 battles

So just like in WoT, a completely new player, lacking any skill, can go an buy a high tier premmie, ie Atago, and be completely out of their depth. This was a feature of WoT. It got a lot of hate. Typically these players not only achieved little, but they often lost the game for their teammates. WG knew this. WG was asked to simply put a filter on the purchase of these tanks. Standard was to ask that they not be available to people with less than a few thousand missions. Ignored. Now we have warships. Just got team killed by an Atago when it was 5 vs 5 with 5 mins to go. He just fired all his torps at me and an enemy who were knifefighting. I killed the other BB. And 3 seconds later scored 3 torps that took me out. Now this sort of mistake, firing torps in the general direction of teammates is a rookie mistake. Something that shouldn't happen at this level. Checked his stats. 73 games, 34% WR. Playing, and teamkilling, in a tier 8 premmie. He has no right being there. Not only that, but WG knows he has no right being there, but still sold him the ship. I simply ask that a filter is applied (so easy) and that people only get to play mid-high tiers with premmies if they have already played those tiers.

[1AN-E]
3 posts
4,242 battles

Welcome to the Asia server

Just in case you haven't noticed, this sort of thing happens with non premium ships as well, people have tunnel vision and only see their intended target and bugger anyone else who gets in the way, it has nothing to do with premium ships, I've seen tier 9 ships do the same thing.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Meanwhile the red team be like:

"Yeah we need more guys like him, please continue to derp, that will be a great contribution to our victory huehue"

Just in case you haven't noticed, this sort of thing happens with non premium ships as well, people have tunnel vision and only see their intended target and bugger anyone else who gets in the way, it has nothing to do with premium ships, I've seen tier 9 ships do the same thing.

Exactly. Give a person enough time & cash (or a boatload of PvE games) and he'll reach high tier boats without much knowledge about game itself..

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,836 posts
4,138 battles

they can't read english too, sometimes... or maybe they don't care about chat

Yeah....because that's something you wouldn't expect on a server with multiple languages.
Edited by RalphTheTheatreCat

[_BST_]
[_BST_]
250 posts
12,874 battles

Not just the SEA server. Watch any WOWs videos you'll see that sort of thing on NA & EU quite a bit.

205 posts
5,305 battles

We all have varying degrees of competency in English, but a great many Asians do get English lessons in school. Many do have a rudimentary understanding of the language. They are just not comfortable expressing any communication in a second language they hardly use in daily life.

@Op, yeah, i agree that some sort of filter is necessary before anyone buys a high tier premium. But, hey, WG is in it for the money, not for our playing preferences. So, I figure nothing will change.

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
402 posts
15,002 battles

Considering the game is F2P and its continued success relies on in game purchases, this would be bad for WG and bad for the player base too.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Considering the game is F2P and its continued success relies on in game purchases, this would be bad for WG and bad for the player base too.

Considering how long this business model remain mostly unchanged since WoT, I doubt if it's not working well.

In fact, look at how WoWS premium ships are so much more expensive than WoT ones, I'd say WG were confident enough in their strategy to have pushed the price even further since WoWS release.

Edited by Gezeiten_Heimatwelt

Super Tester
7,553 posts
7,993 battles

You make it sound like it is a problem only in Asia server, in reality, other servers have worse.

As if a company who is about making money is going to introduce an idea that doesn't make them money.

^^ Exactly.

@Op, but I paid money to play high tier, why would you not give me that opportunity? Since I paid money, WG should listen to me, and by buying a high tier ship, I'm telling them I want to go straight to high tier. Find me in the enemy, kill me, find me in your team, just bear a loss with me.

205 posts
5,305 battles

@Icy, come on, mate, you're not a potato player at all. Not even close to average. You're far above average as far as I know (I don't sneak peek at other people's stats ... just my experience with playing with you that one time ... uber unicum!).

Super Tester
7,553 posts
7,993 battles

@Icy, come on, mate, you're not a potato player at all. Not even close to average. You're far above average as far as I know (I don't sneak peek at other people's stats ... just my experience with playing with you that one time ... uber unicum!).

Seriously? I can only somewhat play Battleships and Gunboat DDs, nothing else at all. And even so, I only unlocked two T8 Battleships so far. If you call me unicum, that will be an insult to the other unicums who read the forum.

<but I take it as a complement> :honoring:

But in my opinion, OP sees it as a fault of the easy availability of premium ship, it is not. It is the player skill and not knowing what to do, specially when to do. There is no easy way out and the ingame purchases on a F2P game will never be discouraged by the game company itself. May be community can teach people that, money can't buy you skills.

I learnt it the hard way. I bought Kutuzov (for the same reason I bought 13 premium ships, I'm a collector and buy ships that look good). Went to battle when my Cruiser experience was that of playing a freaking Kuma, you can guess what happened, I sucked so hard that I want to forget those memories now. I stop playing that ships since then till I get some good idea and advice from people in the forum and youtube on how to do well in a Kutuzov. My recent kutuzov games are much better. Now, I also have the atago, but I will only play her once I finish Myoko grind. Not doing the same mistake again.

Edited by icy_phoenix

Super Tester
7,553 posts
7,993 battles

more unicum then ScrubSoda :(

This ^^ Rank 1 ScrubSoda, not just any ScrubSoda

more unicum then me XD

You detonated my gnevny yesterday, you were shouting on comms so hilariously, that my gnevny detonated hearing it :D

Edited by icy_phoenix

334 posts
13,016 battles

As if a company who is about making money is going to introduce an idea that doesn't make them money.

And what company doesn't need to make money ? Seriously ? Besides if someone makes a premium investment they are more likely to stay with the game and doesn't that benefit everyone in the long run ? They will learn sooner or later we all did.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,288 posts

Meanwhile the red team be like:

"Yeah we need more guys like him, please continue to derp, that will be a great contribution to our victory huehue"

Exactly. Give a person enough time & cash (or a boatload of PvE games) and he'll reach high tier boats without much knowledge about game itself..

You can still learn to play and pick up all the knowledge you need while playing a boatload of PvE games.

Thanks for your input.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

You can still learn to play and pick up all the knowledge you need while playing a boatload of PvE games.

Thanks for your input.

Apology for that, I'm just saying that playing PvE doesn't realistically gives the entire story of PvP games

Unless you're playing PvE only ofc :)

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,288 posts

Apology for that, I'm just saying that playing PvE doesn't realistically gives the entire story of PvP games

Unless you're playing PvE only ofc :)

Of course :honoring:

Sign in to follow this