You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Mortem76

Fuso: easy to citadel higher tier BB?

35 comments in this topic

[EDFSF]
29 posts
2,695 battles

Hi all,

I am playing Fuso for about 80-100 games now and I feels her 14" shells are not strong enough to penetrate the armor of higher tier BB stuck as Nagato.

I am able to make good citadel against other Fuso/Kongo but against Nagato it seems to be very difficult.

To confirm that, I did a training room with a Nagato staying motionless. I placed my Fuso 10km far and shot at the broadside of Nagato. I shot shells one by one on the citadel area and out of about 50 shells, one one was able to penetrate the citadel under the second stern turret.

I wonder if this or expected and so if it is not better to use HE instead of AP against BB with about comparable to Nagato.

Thanks

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

14" guns can deck pen most battleships up to tier 8, but don't expect reliable citadels on anything except cruisers.  The advantage of the Fuso is range and DPM, which is higher than every BB up to tier 8.  Just keep lobbing shells at enemy ships and you will do consistent damage. 

403 posts
8,172 battles

14" guns can deck pen most battleships up to tier 8, but don't expect reliable citadels on anything except cruisers.  The advantage of the Fuso is range and DPM, which is higher than every BB up to tier 8.  Just keep lobbing shells at enemy ships and you will do consistent damage. 

Beat me to it. Basically there are few circumstances where HE is preferable in a battleship. Even against destroyers AP has a slight edge as you are guaranteed at least overpen damage
Edited by 27000ants

[AE]
199 posts
9,466 battles

The Fuso also suffers from slow shells. Poor ol Fuso players get set up a bit. Developers give them all those guns, and give them long range. THEN give them slow shells that don't pen often. Sit back and giggle.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

its hard to citadel nagato armor at lower rang with lower caliber guns. you can only citadel them via plunging fire at long range. its better just to do penetrating hits at them than try to score citadel at closer range. you can still deal 10k damage without problem with fusou.

Edited by yansuki

248 posts

then you must be having problems with the Bayern too.

i can't citadel that thing even in a bismarck.

it's the ONLY SHIP i am currently wary of.

way OP armour. will have to be nerfed 

once the stats show it for the unkillable block of concrete it is

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

then you must be having problems with the Bayern too.

i can't citadel that thing even in a bismarck.

it's the ONLY SHIP i am currently wary of.

way OP armour. will have to be nerfed 

once the stats show it for the unkillable block of concrete it is

German BBs are the only ships that practically cannot be oneshotted by a single salvo due to their turtleback.

Deal. With. It

[PANTS]
188 posts
10,301 battles

With the introduction of Bayern, Fuso is pretty much left in a limbo in her Tier. Because of MM(Matchmaking), she can be drawn into T7-T8 games (Scharnhorst, Gneisenau, Bismarck) which made her position even worse as her guns cannot citadel ANY German BB's. In fact I'm unsure whether she's capable of Citadelling ANY BB (T6 onwards apart from Fuso herself) at range due to her gun caliber. 

For Nagato wise, She is capable of being Citadelled by Fuso but only stock hull (A hull) and the shots land the deck armor (looping shots), I found out by accident when I shot the Nagato at range. 

248 posts

German BBs are the only ships that practically cannot be oneshotted by a single salvo due to their turtleback.

Deal. With. It

wtf are you talking about??

who said anything about "ONESHOTTING"??

i'm talking about spending 5 mintues in a BISMARCK, salvo after salvo,

getting very little damage done, and having to retreat from a ship two tiers lower.

in the same ship which i can get FIVE CITADELS ON A YAMATO AND DELETE IT.

please learn to read

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

getting very little damage done, and having to retreat from a ship two tiers lower.

please learn to read

I think he knows how to read very well. You have to understand what he meant is, you wont be getting multiple citadels on German battleships. You would be lucky to get one. Only German BBs I citadelled so far are Tirpitz and Bismarck.

And you got your deserving result. Thats what people should get when they run away from a ship 2 tier lower. Even New Mex can kill Bayern and you failed to do it in a Bismarck. 

Edited by icy_phoenix

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

please learn to read

Did you just seriously got outplayed by a Bayern that can't even pen Bismarck's bow? Where are you aiming exactly? Bayern is a tank but it eats a lot of regular pen damage if you hit its casemate armor and its bow can be overmatched by 15" shells too.

Also,

You've said it.

248 posts

it seems to be the standard currency in this forum

"DEAL WITH IT"

or , if you can't take it stop dishing it out as we say in australia.

ten bucks says the bayern gets armour nerfed.

twenty bucks says no-one on this forum has the adult fortitude to retract their ARROGANT PRE-SCHOOL ATTITUDE.

bayern is armour OP.

you heard it from me, just remember that.

20 posts
4,384 battles

The Fuso's main guns don't really match up well to other BBs on its tier. Its 35.6cm guns can't really penetrate most Tier 6 BBs armour. I have been playing Fuso for some time now and I tend to rely on HE Shells and focusing on more fire damage on opposing BBs. I switch to AP only when I see many CAs in my vicinity. 

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,858 battles

I'm pretty sure Fuso can cit pen Nagato, just not from mid-range waterline shells. No seriously guys, stop shooting at waterline if you are not that close to the target.

345 posts
3,628 battles

Fuso is really weird. I don't know but, i've had a really hard time with her. The moment i unlocked Nagato, I was able to constantly deal high amounts of damage. Soo.... Nagato is <3

20 posts
4,384 battles

Fuso is really weird. I don't know but, i've had a really hard time with her. The moment i unlocked Nagato, I was able to constantly deal high amounts of damage. Soo.... Nagato is <3

You can probably owe it to her 41cm guns which allow an easier time to pen cit other BBs.