You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FenrirApalis

British cruisers can launch torpedoes one by one wtf

21 comments in this topic

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

i thought that was supposed to be in the game a long time ago! Are other ships going to have it? That would make destroyers completely different if it gets implemented for everyone and it would be so much better! Can't wait to see them

Beta Tester
129 posts
4,349 battles

It all depends on how they work out and if the player base like it ,they will expand it to other ships.To be honest,this feature should  have been added to IJN DDs too because they mainly rely on torps (well untill the upcoming re-branching IJN DD) and will solve many of high tier IJN DD issues.

Edited by Vanguisher88

163 posts
7,901 battles

I thought there was an older comment about any upcoming DD's might also have the feature (that was before the premium Leninggrad DD and new IJN line were announced).  Implying that it could be implemented on new ships but they were holding back upgrading older ships until substantial gameplay feedback.

163 posts
7,901 battles

Really looking forward to the feature though, custom torpedo spreads is going to be incredible, especially in close encounters.

1,479 posts

Too many torpedo benefits now, without having another one....

the way it is now its ok, because you are pretty certain to be torped if dualling with a DD, they reload like lightning, it would be unbeatable if they could do it 1 by 1

fair enough if they want to add more DDs (i hate this idea too) but dont give them MORE invulnerability. 

they already have soke, speed, many many torps that load in a wink,  HE guns, camo, flags, engine boost, topedo boost... what more do they need???

i think i hear all the DD players say "GOD MODE"

I say NO to this idea

Ordrazz

Super Tester
7,520 posts
7,978 battles

I can't even shoot a good torpedo salvo with only 1/2 mounts, now I have to do it one by one? #Brain[content removed]

Profanity. Post edited. User warned.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

43 posts
4,258 battles

If they implement this at low tiers, then there will be absolutely no battleships left in the game... not many notice salvos of 2 or 3 let alone single random spreads.

But at the same time, the DD captain will be equally incompetent.

Mid tiers (particularly T5 with Minekazi and Mutsuki) is where interesting things will happen 

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I can't even shoot a good torpedo salvo with only 1/2 mounts, now I have to do it one by one? #Brain[content removed]

Profanity. Post edited. User warned.

~dead_man_walking

ofc not, i guess it will be available with hotkeys or something

Beta Tester
129 posts
4,349 battles

Too many torpedo benefits now, without having another one....

the way it is now its ok, because you are pretty certain to be torped if dualling with a DD, they reload like lightning, it would be unbeatable if they could do it 1 by 1

fair enough if they want to add more DDs (i hate this idea too) but dont give them MORE invulnerability. 

they already have soke, speed, many many torps that load in a wink,  HE guns, camo, flags, engine boost, topedo boost... what more do they need???

i think i hear all the DD players say "GOD MODE"

I say NO to this idea

Ordrazz

Try the high tiers DD especially the IJN DDs mate.

420 posts
20 battles

IMO launching 1 by 1 only make torpedo more accurate. Honestly i do want that for a long time. There's RNG involved in the current torpedo launching method. Spread RNG. And mostly not all of my spread are useful, most of them destined to be miss from the time they launched.

Launching 1 by 1 with cruiser is... probably meh, they usually more focused to dodge and shoot, only have a speck of time to launch torps.

But it is different matter when using IJN torps.

[_BST_]
[_BST_]
244 posts
12,807 battles

Would there be a set time delay between single torpedo launchings or could you simply launch them as fast as you click the button?

1 by 1 launching could be a precursor to a limited torpedo loadout and maybe ammo game mode in the future.  

WoT lets you carry only a certain number of shells but can alter the ratio of different types.  Hope WG don't introduce premium ammo in WOWs.

[1NATN]
286 posts
5,228 battles

I guess it's going to be exactly the same as guns work now - single click fires one torp, holding down the button fires them sequentially, and double clicking fires a spread.

420 posts
20 battles

So  basically it will allow you to shoot 10 torpedus in a straight line :D

No no, it will allow me to shoot to 10 different targets at once. Getting Liquidator as often as i want. Or spamming lane entrance with torpedo once after 10s.
Edited by Zwelivelle

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

I guess it's going to be exactly the same as guns work now - single click fires one torp, holding down the button fires them sequentially, and double clicking fires a spread.

Ah, nope - next guess.

The concept is still being tested, I know asking people to hold off speculating is a waste of time. But I would suggest everyone waits until the testing is complete, then you can all try them on the public test sever.

141 posts
6,599 battles

IJN dd nerfed too far , you feel fair that USS and USSR dd can brainlessly fire IJN dd started from the beginning of the game, but unfair that IJN have better torpedo advantages?

currently i should say even USS dd have advantages on IJN dd too.

IJN dd torpa buff is good, those player mouring torp spamming only because of they betrayed their teammates, leave them out, unable to cover teammates who responsible on this port of job before it comes to you. And Shimakaze one of the victim of below avg player unreasonable mourning.

Still , keep precautious to torps , know time to point your stern and bow to torps will drastically reduce hit rate, is fact.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Boy, Weekend beta sure is enjoyable

BB clash with each other

Cruiser support each other

And DD got enjoyable moment sinking the bigger ship

While CV play strategycally