Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
icy_phoenix

What are some interesting patterns you can find in the game aspects

18 comments in this topic

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,005 battles

Here is one,

It seems like, the even-tier battleships are great at brawling, odd-tier battleships are not that great.

T2: Mikasa: Come-on its a secondary gun battleship.

T3: All the BBs are more or less bad.

T4: Wyoming and stuff

T5: Not sure people do much brawling with T5 BBs

T6: The tier of Fuso New Mex and Bayern - nuff said

T7: Overmatch tier

T8: Every single BB on this tier is damn good brawler.

T9: Never seen people brawl in these

T10: Oh yea, Yamato and GK (often Montanas too), get close you die.

120 posts
22,924 battles

I love getting close in my IOWA. -_-' . . That 33kn speed was given for a reason ya know :3. 

Also, this pattern appears a wee bit forceful.. 

Newyork & Konig Brawls well @ 5. 

Amagi is more of a mid/long range ship due to its good accuracy as well as inability to absorb damage. NC on the other hand, while it brawls well nose in, has rather sad torp protection. 

Fact is, almost all ships can be played in different ways, the simplicity of game mechanics, gives creativity of players quite big a ground. :)

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,059 battles

The most interesting pattern I have found is that Fuso's are more likely than not to be right up the back of the map doing sweet FA. At an average range of 20km+ until the rest of the team dies and then chases him down to the J line, generally.

Also in T10 you can get close with your BB's It's just that you have to choose the time & place carefully as it can all go wrong in a flash.

Alpha Tester
1,638 posts
7,230 battles

The pattern I found~

Forum slow for 2 days, 3rd day is rant about CVs or DDs, followed by the 4th, "Where's our New ship" thread.

About every 10 days comes an "I'm leaving the server" diatribe.

Two days into any new mission is a "mission too hard/unfair" thread. Followed a day later by another player showing us their reward.

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,005 battles

The pattern I found~

Forum slow for 2 days, 3rd day is rant about CVs or DDs, followed by the 4th, "Where's our New ship" thread.

About every 10 days comes an "I'm leaving the server" diatribe.

Two days into any new mission is a "mission too hard/unfair" thread. Followed a day later by another player showing us their reward.

Not about the game though.

To others, well I will probably brawl or at least do close battles in anything, just talking about the common trend. The arrival of German BBs have screwed up my pattern a bit though.

563 posts
4,686 battles

Note : every single German BB from t3-t10 are good brawler

T3 : everyone brawl here

T4 : Wyoming/kaiser 

T5 : NY and konig (but lol 19mm bow) Kongo is immune bow on tough (25mm)

T6 : Fuso/new mex with the volume of fire. Bayern/warspite for lolpen. Dunkek can brawl as long as its not against the lolpen

T7 : All of them can brawl. Nagato must be played more careful tough, Colorado is nice but lolspeed, scharn is deadly if they get around other BB, gneis is scharn that can lolpen

T8 : yup all of em can brawl, (a bit more careful in the amagi tough)

T9 : izumo can be an awesome brawler, Iowa is just too fragile. But the two mostly do the bow on reverse crap. Good thing the FDG can't do that

T10 : GK is the king here with turtleback and 62mm bow, and fast rotating turret with magical all HE secondaries. Yamato (lol turret traverse). Montana simply too fragile, can't brawl unless having the element of surprise. It must be played cheeky 

563 posts
4,686 battles

I will not agree with anyone who claim Nagato and Colorado can brawl. Their bow armor get overmatched by a freaking pepsi-cola, lets not talk about the battleships at all.

Are you sure 25mm bow can be overmatched by 203s? It's immune to even 356s. But if they find the upper belt, it would be a field day for any cruiser as they can deal consistent 5-7k per salvo. 

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,005 battles

Are you sure 25mm bow can be overmatched by 203s? It's immune to even 356s. But if they find the upper belt, it would be a field day for any cruiser as they can deal consistent 5-7k per salvo. 

Umm considering the 120+ games on each of Nagato and Colorado I have, which are kind of above average (1400WTR), yes I am sure. But you have to be close to overmatch with cruisers. I think I have uploaded replay videos on youtube where pensacola doing 8K-10K damage through my Colorado bow.

For Battleships, say North Carolina pens Nagato and Colorado from every angle, kind of same for Amagi and Tirpitz. I did 12K-16K on angled Colorado as a Tirpitz. For the other two T7 ships, Gneisenau and Scharnhorst, I think I already killed a good number of both, they don't really do well against well placed 410mm and 406mm, but they are better than Nagato and Colorado on that department, at least can bounce some shells.

Edited by icy_phoenix

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Umm considering the 120+ games on each of Nagato and Colorado I have, which are kind of above average (1400WTR), yes I am sure. But you have to be close to overmatch with cruisers. I think I have uploaded replay videos on youtube where pensacola doing 8K-10K damage through my Colorado bow.

For Battleships, say North Carolina pens Nagato and Colorado from every angle, kind of same for Amagi and Tirpitz. I did 12K-16K on angled Colorado as a Tirpitz. For the other two T7 ships, Gneisenau and Scharnhorst, I think I already killed a good number of both, they don't really do well against well placed 410mm and 406mm, but they are better than Nagato and Colorado on that department, at least can bounce some shells.

I think you're misunderstanding what overmatch is.

Overmatch is guaranteed penetration regardless of angle when the shell caliber is 14.3 times bigger than the armor it hits. So, there's no way 203 mm shells will overmatch 25 mm of armor.

However, 25 mm of armor is also easy to penetrate with 203 mm shells as long as you don't hit at an acute angle. If you hit it at an acute angle, you can't overmatch it (because of the 14.3:1 ratio rule) and thus it will ricochet.

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,005 battles

I think you're misunderstanding what overmatch is.

Overmatch is guaranteed penetration regardless of angle when the shell caliber is 14.3 times bigger than the armor it hits. So, there's no way 203 mm shells will overmatch 25 mm of armor.

However, 25 mm of armor is also easy to penetrate with 203 mm shells as long as you don't hit at an acute angle. If you hit it at an acute angle, you can't overmatch it (because of the 14.3:1 ratio rule) and thus it will ricochet.

Oh yeah I misused the term, overmatched against BB shells. But CAs get their regular pen damage as well. Colorado bow is like butter. Can only stop T6 shells.

525 posts
7,946 battles

Oh yeah I misused the term, overmatched against BB shells. But CAs get their regular pen damage as well. Colorado bow is like butter. Can only stop T6 shells.

heck, colorado bow can't even stop bayern shell, i cit-pen a colorado once from the bow

[BRU]
309 posts
11,163 battles

Interesting patterns??? Lots of DD's results in domination, less DD's results in standard battles like you whot me???!!!

435 posts
6,169 battles

I've discovered a pattern hidden within WG tiers

T3: win lost lost win

T4: win lost

T5: lost win lost lost

T6: lost lost

T7: lost lost lost

T8: lost win

T9: win

T10: lost win lost lost

Edited by Yul_Brynner

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,005 battles

Interesting patterns??? Lots of DD's results in domination, less DD's results in standard battles like you whot me???!!!

I'm pretty sure you wrote it the opposite.

Lots of DD of course STANDARD BATTLE. 1 DD on each side, DOMINATION MODE!!!

Cause there are REASONS.

Rant apart, I have been playing DD only for about a week now, and this is almost accurate.

Edited by icy_phoenix

Sign in to follow this