You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ordrazz

Good games with good endings

11 comments in this topic

1,486 posts

Good endings to games, after a long drawn out battle, or just 4 ships per side...

What is your good ending to a match that you would like to share?

I had 2 good endings to matches yesterday

The first I was in my MIKASA, sailing around.. when the the match loaded I said... "oh god, look at all the NASSAU'S,  they battles it out, with me taking forever to get into the battle zone, only to watch most of my shots fail to hit target & go flying off in every other direction....

Then the match ended up with me, 1 or our surviving NASSAU, & an  enemy NASSAU...

They battled it out until our NASSAU sunk...with the enemy still afloat... I was capping C

So, here we are lining each other up as the last ships... well, he was lining me up, really, as I couldnt line up anything in MIKASA, so I concentrated my secondary guns on him, & went for a ram.

His secondaries seemed to open up before mine, so me, them both of us was taking lots of punishment... I kept alive by contantly repairing my ship only when necessary & putting out fires when it threatened to burn too long...

due to his maneuvering he managed to work out I was trying to ram him, & we were less than 500 meters away from each other.... also both using main guns at point blank when available. 

The last seconds of the game counted down,  we kept pounding each other with secondaries,  we both ran into an island.... the game ended just as I sank him! The sinking counted as the announcement said, & the icon came up in my post match!!!

Wow!   Good game there. I gave that enemy NASSAU a compliment for playing a great game.

The othermatch was only 4 ships each... I was my ADMIRAL HIPPER,  there also was a DES MOINE each, a YAMATO each, we had 1 DD & they had 2 DD.

Of course I never got near the YAMATO, but I did hurt one DD &  isnuck up behind a big island to have another crack....

I slowly came around the corner of the island, & who was there? THE ENEMY DES MOINES at 3.5 klm!!

so I let loose my torpedos BOOM I got 4 into him... I got flesh wound because he blasted me with his guns in the panic...

Needless to say, the match was great too, because our DES MOINES battled it out with the 2 enemy DD SHIMAKAZEs...

He killed 1 then ate a lot of torps, then he managed to get the other one on a smidgion of health left... we won!! I gave that cruiser & the enemy DDs complimentary reports too, for making it such a good game.

Enough windbagging from me, whats your tale of GOOD endings, that make you feel triumphant? 

Ordrazz

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,015 battles

That sounded like a great game in the Mikasa :teethhappy: but for me last night I was taking out my new Kurfurst and juked it out with a Yamato & a couple Cruisers. I managed to isolate the cruisers from the Yamato with an Island and deleted them, at this stage i was pretty healthy & the game was nearly over so i decided to rush :izmena: the Yamato to see what damage i could do. So there we were sailing Broadside to Broadside Mano O Mano at 8km the Yamato fired first and did 20k damage and i laughed Mwhahaha before unloading my guns into his citadel under his second turret. I got 5 citadels, did 70k damage and won the game. 

It was just awesome when i compare how i have to play in the Montana that i could do something like that Epic :teethhappy:

161 posts
5,905 battles

I guess I could say I got a couple of great games yesterday in Tirpitz, Roon, Scharnhorst and Hipper... after some salty matches ofc. 

Des Moines AP don't give a shit about hipper turtle back. Noted

Hipper have turtle back? That's new to me.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

I guess I could say I got a couple of great games yesterday in Tirpitz, Roon, Scharnhorst and Hipper... after some salty matches ofc. 

Hipper have turtle back? That's new to me.

Ze Germans have turtle back on CA from T7 up, but they are really only effective against small caliber guns like CL and DD. Otherwise with 110 mm of armour on hindernberg a kebab will cit it all day. It can be effective against 152mm too I think, not sure about 180, but not super effective against 203 and higher. After all the armour is only 110mm

1,486 posts

Cmon peoples....

I want hear more triumphant endings, not about diierent armour or other topic changing there are plenty of threads about those...

Surely other players have some lucky or fantasic ends to talk about??

Ordrazz

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

Yes, I have one from last night. Our team's BBs all lemming train to C cap till we killed all of their DDs, then there were only 2 minutes left we had 700 points with 2 caps (after I take the first one as Blyska) and then rest of the team grew ball to push B Enemy had 2 ships left with 970ish point, and 1 minute left, then we killed the very low hp remaining Tirpitz and a full hp nagato (yes a nagato who was full hp after 19 minutes). All the enemy needed was to run, they didn't do that. Good game for me, got 4 kills (allies didn't give me the last kill even though I did a good amount of damage to the nagato, ofcouse you don't give kill to a ally who is about to get a kraken), and a 2.6K base exp. Also had a devastating strike on a hatsu (yes, a hatsu died to Blyska torp, interesting?).

1,486 posts

A month ago but this game moment game me a lot of lols!

I love it!!! esp when the cruiser panicked & ran into his Ally BB!! lol

Ordrazz

420 posts
20 battles

That game i was in Hatsuharu. I sailed to C cap at Land of Fire map, alongside with Myoko.

Atago closing in, sailing straight to C from the opposing side, and started to duel with her.

I opened fire to the Atago while keeping my course to cap C. I gave Atago option, to shoot my cute ship and start to date with her or keep to engage Myoko.

Myoko started to turn left, trying to use her torpedoes, while trying to cover behind the small reef that found near to the cap point.

Suprisingly, Atago choose to engage Myoko, and she sank under baptism of Myoko's torps.

Okay, that was a potato.

After finishing my cap, i saw a blink of Fubuki trying to flee from B cap, moving south, between southern islands, going to my position.

This player also probably a potato.

He keep firing his gun, revealing his position.

In response, i made my ship in parallel line, in which i have the lead.

The direction would give me a time that i would pass a small island with tall mountain, still near to the C cap.

So if we keep this line, i would have chance to torp him after passing the island since i have the lead.

There, i want to try something.

I let loose a single torp launcher to her back, in the opposite direction that we have right now, i imagined, if he would make a U turn.

Then i lob a gun salvo right before disappeared behind the island.

Intentionally giving him my position.

As an insurance, i planned to torp him using my other launcher when i passed the island.

Well, he took a U turn, and killed by my torp.

After that my team steamrolled from C to B and we won the game.

Edited by Zwelivelle